Missing Airman

In-depth debate on all topical issues
m4 colin

Re: Missing Airman

Post by m4 colin »

Picking up hitchikers is a sacking offence on most Brit hauliers now Foreign trucks are usually 2up and stuffed with their gear beer and rations (They wont spend a cent in this country) I'm thinking if he'd been grabbed they would have had a viddy of him getting his head sawed off out by now
So he might be somewhere in a ditch choked on his own vomit or got clipped by a car or truck. I hope he's found OK but it aint looking good .
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Col1948 wrote:WOW! That was a bit strong Carlos, are you saying I was making it up when you said it probably wasn't from an uncle at all, geez?
I am telling you the truth of only what I was told, so may be my uncle who lived there for years got it wrong I apologise for his mistake and mine, my intention was not to offend.
Plus I did say at the end of my post it was a wild guess.

Edited to add though not related to the topic as such:

http://www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk/news/ ... _1_4560463

http://www.heart.co.uk/eastanglia/news/ ... LYaFd4m.97
Apologies for the comment about your uncle, Col. It was not necessary and does not set a good example in D&D where I am trying to encourage good debate.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

warmleatherette

Post by warmleatherette »

Royal24s wrote:
Carlos J wrote:
The Tick wrote:Maybe he got pissed on a night out and will be found naked on a farm in France.
On local news, probably national as well, there was a message from his mum for people to check gardens as often bunked down after a night of sauce.

Royals. He'd had food and your implications about take aways are noted. But this is Bury St Edmunds and I can't see some hit squad sitting on call waiting for a pissed soldier/airman to come by. Plus how would they know he was forces?

Just because nearish RAF Marham is as much coincidence as connection. And based on nothing, something is queer about that incident, IMO.

You been to rural Suffolk/Norfolk recently? Err strangers stand out, it is yokelsville and I like to get out quickly. Maybe too much watching films like 'Deliverance', maybe because it is often like that. There's some rummuns down here in East Angular.
Seriously ? SERIOUSLY ? ? ?
Are you seriously asking how they'd know he was in the Forces ? The question takes my breath away ! Trust me, it's not hard to spot an off duty squaddie or A/C II on the piss, especially if you're on the look out for one who's pissed up and on their own .
Obviously I've been to East Anglia, including Marham. During the Cold War there were many bases and lots of activities there and as a matter of fact I've got a few houses in the area too.
Listen.. A while back there were two " middle eastern" men thwarted in an attempt to kidnap an airman very near RAF Marham and, as you point out, there are so few of them in the area that they'd stick out like a sore thumb. If they'd have left the area they'd have been ANPR 'd, so they're probably fairly local. You can also deduce that they'd have to be familiar with the area and have had an excuse to be driving round there to recce the married quarters where they attempted the last snatch, because it's high security and once again as you point out, they WOULD have been stopped by RAF, MOD or civil police if they'd simply been hanging round for no apparent reason because they'd stick out.
So ask yourself how such men could be driving round that area at all hours without causing suspicion. I don't know, maybe you'll have time to think next time you're sitting in a mini cab on your way out for a curry in Kings Lynne or somewhere ?
Now, next ask yourself what someone might do if they had a plan to abduct a serviceman for unthinkable terrorist reasons in that area but they fucked it up the first time causing such a high level of security round local RAF bases. I doubt they'd abort the ambition, but they'd have to go quiet for a while , maybe carrying on their job as usual and avoiding attention. In fact they'd have to , because if anyone of the right description had disappeared after the first attempt it would , in that area, have been noticed.
Maybe it would occur to them that there is no shortage of pissed airmen wandering round local towns , and to snatch one of them would be a lot easier than doing it under the camera coverage and alert state round the bases. Maybe they might be going about their business on the face of it, still planning their operation , when a target of opportunity presents itself in circumstances where the only witnesses are involved directly or indirectly with the cell.

Now, there are other possibilities , which unfortunately are looking less likely as time goes on, but that which I have set out briefly is a very plausible hypothesis. It probably hasn't happened , but if it HAS, then time is or was of the essence. In fact , if that were the case then I'm afraid that it's probably too late already, unless the boys are onto them and feeding the press some horse shit to avoid them knowing they're about to get spun.

I've got to say that I can't believe this isn't all pretty obvious . It HAS happened before, sometimes with fatal results hasnt it ? Therefore it's hardly some mad implausible impossibility.
Wasn't he wearing pink trousers and a white shirt, obviously forces :-)
Brilliantly Honest

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Carlos J wrote:I noted your takeaway comment. I did not note about taxis as I did not see your 12.22 post when I posted.

I mentioned my opinion about queerness about RAF Marham. So what do I read of your post? You are saying it was local sleeper cabbies wot did it? :?

You are guilty of what Richard Hall does in his Maddie videos and what I despise. And what you should know better. Theorising without evidence.

You say "not a bad thought" to err new user, Col, when he is completely wrong about the socio-economy in East Angular based upon something his dead uncle said, which is horseshit. :roll: And probably not from any uncle at all.
The reason I said cols thought was good is because it was. That's one of the possibilities which should have and probably was checked. It's also one which could have been missed and certainly would have been if everyone waited until there was evidence of something before investigating it.
I must say that the socio economic history or whatever it was has never found a missing kid or stopped a bank robbery, and if that's not theorising I don't know what is.
Unless someone takes a photograph of the crime or something , you have to theorise to FIND the evidence and progress the inquiry.
Here's a case in point where you haven't got a crime scene to examine, or a witness to interview. You don't know for certain that a crime has been committed at this stage, so I suppose we just ignore it and do nothing because we've got no evidence rather than looking for it ?
I suppose we could fill our time studying the culture of Polish daffodil pickkers round Terrington St Clements and the gradual introduction of Lithuanian postmen to the area whilst enjoying a delicious coffee made for us by a Portuguese barista in Cromer, and just keep our eye on YouTube for a beheading video.
If you didn't hypothesise, Carlos, you wouldn't catch anyone, or solve any crime which anyone had attempted to conceal. If we started with all the evidence we wouldn't need detectives - we could just send it round to the cps and let them sort it out by post. Unfortunately though, we usually have to work out little questions like who, where and why , and when we get there, that's when we start finding evidence which confirms or discounts the theory.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Has anyone found this pleb yet? If so, please contact Royal24s ASAP. He's losing his few remaining marbles over this.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Roy Twing wrote:After such a long period of time seems less and less that the usual suspects are involved.

Didn't I hear that his phone was pinpointed to a rubbish tip?

Nice to see carlos getting the usual racist 'lazy brits' dig in. :roll:
Last I read was that his phone had been tracked to the Barton Mills area but hasn't been found, it seems that a bin lorry was in the vicinity at the time the phone has been tracked to and it was being searched. If the phone was still switched on and the battery wasn't flat couldn't it still be tracked? So it could be that the battery has gone. He was seen on CCTV at 3.30 in the morning eating take away food so it could be that he decided to walk back to barracks (apparently he'd attempted to walk the 10 miles back from somewhere before) and either went off for a call of nature or decoded to burrow down and sleep it off, could have fallen and banged his head and still unconscious, Evan a pink shirt isn't all that easy to spot in undergrowth.

Let's hope the poor chap is found, but it doesn't look too good for him.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

birdie wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:After such a long period of time seems less and less that the usual suspects are involved.

Last I read was that his phone had been tracked to the Barton Mills area but hasn't been found, it seems that a bin lorry was in the vicinity at the time the phone has been tracked to and it was being searched. If the phone was still switched on and the battery wasn't flat couldn't it still be tracked? So it could be that the battery has gone. He was seen on CCTV at 3.30 in the morning eating take away food so it could be that he decided to walk back to barracks (apparently he'd attempted to walk the 10 miles back from somewhere before) and either went off for a call of nature or decoded to burrow down and sleep it off, could have fallen and banged his head and still unconscious, Evan a pink shirt isn't all that easy to spot in undergrowth.

Doesn't add up to me, Birdie.

Many years ago I had a very heavy night in London & arrived at Liverpool St to get the last train home to find that it had been cancelled due to an "incident" at Hackney Downs

Having no money left, I walked all the way to Hertfordshire in the pissing rain. It took 6 hours, but I still managed it and was sober by the time I got home. A much younger fit serviceman would have little trouble managing 10 miles.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Steve Hunt wrote:
birdie wrote:

Doesn't add up to me, Birdie.

Many years ago I had a very heavy night in London & arrived at Liverpool St to get the last train home to find that it had been cancelled due to an "incident" at Hackney Downs

Having no money left, I walked all the way to Hertfordshire in the pissing rain. It took 6 hours, but I still managed it and was sober by the time I got home. A much younger fit serviceman would have little trouble managing 10 miles.
I hear what you say Steve, which makes me wonder if he went off the road for the reason I stated and somehow injured himself to the extent that he couldn't make it back onto the road.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Col1948

Post by Col1948 »

Another theory if I may, it crossed my mind, but again just a theory.
Is it possible the RAF are not telling us the whole story, what I mean is was he in some kind of trouble or had he been and when he went out that night he got drunk like some do to ease the stress.
He may not have been contemplating going AWOL or he would have packed a bag like already mentioned, but after a few drinks going AWOL might sound a good idea.
We don't know how much money he had on him to perhaps catch a train the next morning, they say the best place to hide is in a crowd so how many young lads look alike, after sobering up he could have bought a t-shirt or a coat and a baseball cap, anything, then he has disappeared so to speak.
Again I may be totally off track but like I said just another theory.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Col1948 wrote:Another theory if I may, it crossed my mind, but again just a theory.
Is it possible the RAF are not telling us the whole story, what I mean is was he in some kind of trouble or had he been and when he went out that night he got drunk like some do to ease the stress.
He may not have been contemplating going AWOL or he would have packed a bag like already mentioned, but after a few drinks going AWOL might sound a good idea.
We don't know how much money he had on him to perhaps catch a train the next morning, they say the best place to hide is in a crowd so how many young lads look alike, after sobering up he could have bought a t-shirt or a coat and a baseball cap, anything, then he has disappeared so to speak.
Again I may be totally off track but like I said just another theory.
No, there'd have been cctv at the railway station, ( if there is one), as there are on trains and I imagine they'd have alerted someone to monitor the railway station where he lives.
If he'd just gone awol the RAF Police would have figured that out and we wouldn't be hearing about it because it's not uncommon.
However pissed he was he'd take some stuff and I'm sure his training would have included some degree of escape and evasion so he'd know he needed proper clothing which didn't include a vivid pink shirt.
There's another possibility though , which I'm reluctant to mention - that he's deserted , possibly to hostile actors. In answer to someone, ( I think Birdie), his cellphone can be tracked whether it's on or not in important cases and the thing which worries me is that his training would probably include unloading his cellphone onto some form of moving transport which would temporarily mislead his hunters . The high visibility clothing and staggering round in front of a cctv camera could possibly also be a deliberate misdirection of course, and he could have had a cache of clothing and equipment nearby. I hope that's not the case .
And no, obviously no one is telling us, ( or probably each other actually), the full story.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

The Tick wrote:Has anyone found this pleb yet? If so, please contact Royal24s ASAP. He's losing his few remaining marbles over this.
What a typically horrible comment. How dare you call this young man who has volunteered to potentially die in your defence a " pleb" ?
His life and efforts are just as commendable and creditworthy as your own is worthless and pointless, yet he is there to protect and defend you, and all those like you who are incapable of doing that for themselves.
Based upon your comments here, I think I know who could be more correctly and deservedly called a pleb than this boy.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Sounds like the guy may have some depression problems and the excessive bevy is to try and blank that out. Not that the RAF will divulge that if it is the case.
If the drink has not worked on that night I fear for the poor chap.Hope I'm wrong :!:
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

He looked very happy on the cctv, although I'm not q psychiatrist , so I'm not sure whether that definitely means he's not depressed.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Royal24s wrote:
Carlos J wrote:I noted your takeaway comment. I did not note about taxis as I did not see your 12.22 post when I posted.

I mentioned my opinion about queerness about RAF Marham. So what do I read of your post? You are saying it was local sleeper cabbies wot did it? :?

You are guilty of what Richard Hall does in his Maddie videos and what I despise. And what you should know better. Theorising without evidence.

You say "not a bad thought" to err new user, Col, when he is completely wrong about the socio-economy in East Angular based upon something his dead uncle said, which is horseshit. :roll: And probably not from any uncle at all.
The reason I said cols thought was good is because it was. That's one of the possibilities which should have and probably was checked. It's also one which could have been missed and certainly would have been if everyone waited until there was evidence of something before investigating it.
I must say that the socio economic history or whatever it was has never found a missing kid or stopped a bank robbery, and if that's not theorising I don't know what is.
Unless someone takes a photograph of the crime or something , you have to theorise to FIND the evidence and progress the inquiry.
Here's a case in point where you haven't got a crime scene to examine, or a witness to interview. You don't know for certain that a crime has been committed at this stage, so I suppose we just ignore it and do nothing because we've got no evidence rather than looking for it ?
I suppose we could fill our time studying the culture of Polish daffodil pickkers round Terrington St Clements and the gradual introduction of Lithuanian postmen to the area whilst enjoying a delicious coffee made for us by a Portuguese barista in Cromer, and just keep our eye on YouTube for a beheading video.
If you didn't hypothesise, Carlos, you wouldn't catch anyone, or solve any crime which anyone had attempted to conceal. If we started with all the evidence we wouldn't need detectives - we could just send it round to the cps and let them sort it out by post. Unfortunately though, we usually have to work out little questions like who, where and why , and when we get there, that's when we start finding evidence which confirms or discounts the theory.
All quite correct, Royals, as to a Police case. I was however referring to you theorising, not what local and RAF plod and others (secret) are theorising. Which you do not know, unless one of your contacts has 'tipped you the wink'. err. :wink:

As per, the PJ files mostly whole were realeased to the public. They could then see the evidence and then theorise on it. As does Richard Hall, as per many times, whom gets evidence and then extrapolates from it. Not that I often agree with profiler Pat Brown, but she critiques Hall's viideo perfectly, as per many times: From Theory to Profile: How Agenda Creates Nonevidence-Based Conclusions: http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.co.uk ... genda.html

But this is not the Mccann thread.

You are, yes pondering, Without any evidence, so supposition. And my supposition is that your supposition is incorrect. The phone in dustbin truck nay: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-37553943

There was something in one of the BBC articles about: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-37541137
Police said he could have been in the area of Mildenhall between 04:30 and 08:00 on the Saturday.
Also in the EADT: http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/lead_police_ ... _1_4721831
Police have said they have ruled out any link to the attempted abduction of an airman outside RAF Marham in Norfolk in July and have traced the 23-year-old’s mobile phone movements to a bin lorry travelling between Bury and Barton Mills.
And ruled it out as above.

And as others, if kidnapped, videos would be out, transporting overseas, yay an island, would be as ridiculous as err suicidal.

The poor chap might have legged it somewhere, but you don't really do that after a night on the lash unprepared.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Royal24s wrote:
The Tick wrote:Has anyone found this pleb yet? If so, please contact Royal24s ASAP. He's losing his few remaining marbles over this.
What a typically horrible comment. How dare you call this young man who has volunteered to potentially die in your defence a " pleb" ?
His life and efforts are just as commendable and creditworthy as your own is worthless and pointless, yet he is there to protect and defend you, and all those like you who are incapable of doing that for themselves.
Based upon your comments here, I think I know who could be more correctly and deservedly called a pleb than this boy.
Tick fancies himself as some kind of Patrician Sneering at the Plebs ,You know , the men who strapped on a Gladius and made an empire . Men like Horatius . Men without whom Caesar Augustus and the rest would be nothings. I am a plebian I served and I'm proud of it.
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it