Missing Airman

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Royal24s

Missing Airman

Post by Royal24s »

After the recent attempted abduction of an RAF serviceman near Mareham by two men of Middle East appearance , ( a fact eventually dragged from those investigating it), a young airman has gone missing from Bury St Edmunds at 3AM.
I hope they're pulling out all the stops and not worrying about upsetting any precious groups in finding this boy. Frankly I doubt that they are , or judging by the half baked police spokesman that they even know how.
I hope every single mini cab firm is being turned over like a tumble dryer and their drivers looked at very closely and that all rules of restraint and overtime are being ignored.
We must find this boy quickly
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

The Tick

Re: Missing Airman

Post by The Tick »

Maybe he got pissed on a night out and will be found naked on a farm in France.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

He was seen on cctv in early hours . He could have accidentally fallen in a river is my theory
Man U and rangers

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Royal24s wrote:After the recent attempted abduction of an RAF serviceman near Mareham by two men of Middle East appearance , ( a fact eventually dragged from those investigating it), a young airman has gone missing from Bury St Edmunds at 3AM.
I hope they're pulling out all the stops and not worrying about upsetting any precious groups in finding this boy. Frankly I doubt that they are , or judging by the half baked police spokesman that they even know how.
I hope every single mini cab firm is being turned over like a tumble dryer and their drivers looked at very closely and that all rules of restraint and overtime are being ignored.
We must find this boy quickly
First I've heard of this but I echo every sentiment in there unlike the poster who replied directly afterwards who seems to thing this is a good thing and has a track record of implying the same all across this forum.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Tick doesn't just imply it . He / she very openly supports terrorism. I don't think he could be lying anywhere undiscovered and you'd like to think they'd searched wash up points on the river - they'll know where they are. He didn't seem pissed enough for that though.
Looking at the cctv he was obviously pissed and had apparently been looking for food. I think I know what type of take away might be open at that time of night, and it does seem likely that he'd have ended up trying to get a cab. The streets seemed pretty empty and if the cab drivers are saying they didn't see him I'm suspicious.
He hasn't gone awol either - he wasn't carrying luggage and he wasn't dressed for a journey. Very unlikely that he'd have ended up with a bird at that time of night, unless he'd arranged to meet one, ( and I hope they've checked that). In any case, he'd have come back when he sobered up if it was anything like that.
I'm tending to assume the obvious here, which will upset some people, but I hope the general policy of pretending that some kinds of terrorism don't exist doesn't hamper the action which is obviously and urgently required . It needs military liaison as well as the active involvement of military intelligence without any pissing contests between them and the police, and the matter also needs to be handed straight over to the Met rather than the locals getting precious about jurisdiction .

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

The Tick wrote:Maybe he got pissed on a night out and will be found naked on a farm in France.
On local news, probably national as well, there was a message from his mum for people to check gardens as often bunked down after a night of sauce.

Royals. He'd had food and your implications about take aways are noted. But this is Bury St Edmunds and I can't see some hit squad sitting on call waiting for a pissed soldier/airman to come by. Plus how would they know he was forces?

Just because nearish RAF Marham is as much coincidence as connection. And based on nothing, something is queer about that incident, IMO.

You been to rural Suffolk/Norfolk recently? Err strangers stand out, it is yokelsville and I like to get out quickly. Maybe too much watching films like 'Deliverance', maybe because it is often like that. There's some rummuns down here in East Angular.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Col1948

Post by Col1948 »

@Carlos J, You say its yokelsville, I had an Uncle lived in Beccles, my aunt still lives there, to an extent it is but I remember my uncle telling me they have a lot of immigrants living down there now in lots of the local towns.
He told me in such places like Lowestoft a nice seaside town was overrun with them plus they were given money and houses to give them a start in life, the locals were a bit annoyed.

I will admit this is a strange case this one though, another thought crossed my mind if I got this right is he Scottish, if so then he could have hitched a ride in his drunken state but having said that if he had surely a trucker would have come forward unless he hitched with one of those foreign truckers and he wouldn't have seen the news, just a wild guess.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Carlos J wrote:
The Tick wrote:Maybe he got pissed on a night out and will be found naked on a farm in France.
On local news, probably national as well, there was a message from his mum for people to check gardens as often bunked down after a night of sauce.

Royals. He'd had food and your implications about take aways are noted. But this is Bury St Edmunds and I can't see some hit squad sitting on call waiting for a pissed soldier/airman to come by. Plus how would they know he was forces?

Just because nearish RAF Marham is as much coincidence as connection. And based on nothing, something is queer about that incident, IMO.

You been to rural Suffolk/Norfolk recently? Err strangers stand out, it is yokelsville and I like to get out quickly. Maybe too much watching films like 'Deliverance', maybe because it is often like that. There's some rummuns down here in East Angular.
Seriously ? SERIOUSLY ? ? ?
Are you seriously asking how they'd know he was in the Forces ? The question takes my breath away ! Trust me, it's not hard to spot an off duty squaddie or A/C II on the piss, especially if you're on the look out for one who's pissed up and on their own .
Obviously I've been to East Anglia, including Marham. During the Cold War there were many bases and lots of activities there and as a matter of fact I've got a few houses in the area too.
Listen.. A while back there were two " middle eastern" men thwarted in an attempt to kidnap an airman very near RAF Marham and, as you point out, there are so few of them in the area that they'd stick out like a sore thumb. If they'd have left the area they'd have been ANPR 'd, so they're probably fairly local. You can also deduce that they'd have to be familiar with the area and have had an excuse to be driving round there to recce the married quarters where they attempted the last snatch, because it's high security and once again as you point out, they WOULD have been stopped by RAF, MOD or civil police if they'd simply been hanging round for no apparent reason because they'd stick out.
So ask yourself how such men could be driving round that area at all hours without causing suspicion. I don't know, maybe you'll have time to think next time you're sitting in a mini cab on your way out for a curry in Kings Lynne or somewhere ?
Now, next ask yourself what someone might do if they had a plan to abduct a serviceman for unthinkable terrorist reasons in that area but they fucked it up the first time causing such a high level of security round local RAF bases. I doubt they'd abort the ambition, but they'd have to go quiet for a while , maybe carrying on their job as usual and avoiding attention. In fact they'd have to , because if anyone of the right description had disappeared after the first attempt it would , in that area, have been noticed.
Maybe it would occur to them that there is no shortage of pissed airmen wandering round local towns , and to snatch one of them would be a lot easier than doing it under the camera coverage and alert state round the bases. Maybe they might be going about their business on the face of it, still planning their operation , when a target of opportunity presents itself in circumstances where the only witnesses are involved directly or indirectly with the cell.

Now, there are other possibilities , which unfortunately are looking less likely as time goes on, but that which I have set out briefly is a very plausible hypothesis. It probably hasn't happened , but if it HAS, then time is or was of the essence. In fact , if that were the case then I'm afraid that it's probably too late already, unless the boys are onto them and feeding the press some horse shit to avoid them knowing they're about to get spun.

I've got to say that I can't believe this isn't all pretty obvious . It HAS happened before, sometimes with fatal results hasnt it ? Therefore it's hardly some mad implausible impossibility.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Col1948 wrote:@Carlos J, You say its yokelsville, I had an Uncle lived in Beccles, my aunt still lives there, to an extent it is but I remember my uncle telling me they have a lot of immigrants living down there now in lots of the local towns.
He told me in such places like Lowestoft a nice seaside town was overrun with them plus they were given money and houses to give them a start in life, the locals were a bit annoyed.

I will admit this is a strange case this one though, another thought crossed my mind if I got this right is he Scottish, if so then he could have hitched a ride in his drunken state but having said that if he had surely a trucker would have come forward unless he hitched with one of those foreign truckers and he wouldn't have seen the news, just a wild guess.
Not a bad thought and it'd have been worth an enquiry when it was fresh, but he hasn't turned up at home or anyway along the route in the mean time.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

So basically blame all foreigners living there and those truckers as well, Col, for this? Is that right?

I am giving you the benefit of the doubt so far, Col.

Now let me correct you. Beccles is a small, pleasant market town if you like that sort of thing. Lowestoft, which you may or may not know, lived in for nearly ten years is an old fishing town gone bad, hey blame the EU, or not. CEFAS is there which has always contributed on UK and European fishing rules. Still relies on tourism and it's beach. As per many times, a nice place, shoddy around the edges.

You, Col have mentioned immigrants and a town 'overrun' in a thread about a missing airman. Royals has mentioned takeaways. Is there a connection?

Answer. No. East Angular has seen many immigrants coming over for work. In the fenland areas they tend to be Eastern European. On the extreme East coast they to was an influx of Portuguese. Mostly to work at the Bernard Matthews factories in Norfolk and sunny Suffolk when this was better for them than now.

And why were they wanted? Some of the feckless and workshy locals didn't want to work there and failed the 8 week probation. But that is another debate for another day.

Lowestoft has certainly not been overrun by immigrants. Walk down the town centre, predominantly white UK to an extent you can and not see a black or Asian face.not that many Portuguese either. Your uncle was fearmongering to you. :roll:
Yarmouth has a higher Portuguese population, again people arrived for working at Bernard Matthews. Who work there. Until maybe soon.

Of course there are Chinese and Indian and Bangladeshi populations mostly working in catering.

So, Col, of these nationals are known for their terrorist threat, we can write off the Portuguese, Chinese and Indian (yes I know). Does that leave a few Bangladeshi's as the guilty?

Nah. There are other threads in this section to post your opinions on immigration. Factually incorrect statements on a wider issue in this thread is not that place. Thanks.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Carlos, can you honestly not see why I mention take always and mini cabs ?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

I noted your takeaway comment. I did not note about taxis as I did not see your 12.22 post when I posted.

I mentioned my opinion about queerness about RAF Marham. So what do I read of your post? You are saying it was local sleeper cabbies wot did it? :?

You are guilty of what Richard Hall does in his Maddie videos and what I despise. And what you should know better. Theorising without evidence.

You say "not a bad thought" to err new user, Col, when he is completely wrong about the socio-economy in East Angular based upon something his dead uncle said, which is horseshit. :roll: And probably not from any uncle at all.

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

After such a long period of time seems less and less that the usual suspects are involved.

Didn't I hear that his phone was pinpointed to a rubbish tip?

Nice to see carlos getting the usual racist 'lazy brits' dig in. :roll:
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Col1948

Post by Col1948 »

WOW! That was a bit strong Carlos, are you saying I was making it up when you said it probably wasn't from an uncle at all, geez?
I am telling you the truth of only what I was told, so may be my uncle who lived there for years got it wrong I apologise for his mistake and mine, my intention was not to offend.
Plus I did say at the end of my post it was a wild guess.

Edited to add though not related to the topic as such:

http://www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk/news/ ... _1_4560463

http://www.heart.co.uk/eastanglia/news/ ... LYaFd4m.97
Last edited by Col1948 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Royal24s wrote:Carlos, can you honestly not see why I mention take always and mini cabs ?
Please, there is a silly drunken airman missing. This is no time to talk about your appetite.