Re: Group B: England, United States, Iran & Wales

kancutlawns

Re: Re: Group B: England, United States, Iran & Wales

Post by kancutlawns »

carcinogen wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:34 am Incredible how much coverage Wales are getting on BBC Breakfast ... you'd have thought they had won, qualified and hadn't been utterly shite.
They’re shit. Bald headed cunt Shearer looked like he was going to be carted off by Qatari police after the match for making provacative LGBTQ+ comments when England had won. FFS you thick cunt, look happy that the team you represented had won against a joke nation instead of pandering to disinterested Ashley Williams and bland grey legend Ian Rush. What is wrong with these people?

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

carcinogen wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:34 am Incredible how much coverage Wales are getting on BBC Breakfast ... you'd have thought they had won, qualified and hadn't been utterly shite.
Yes but.....plucky Wales.....

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

The socalled red wall have gone. Let them have their once a half-century glory and do fuck off.

The tourney will carry on with great teams and great fans and will not miss the Welsh as they do Qatar.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

The sad thing is FIFA has gone 48 teams for USA/Mexico/Canada in WC26.

I will try to get tickets.

But it means even the socalled best fans in the world, Scotland, might qualify alongside the win or lose, here for the craic party on, Irish.

It will be a nausea fest.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Carlos J wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:56 am The sad thing is FIFA has gone 48 teams for USA/Mexico/Canada in WC26.

But it means even the socalled best fans in the world, Scotland, might qualify alongside the win or lose, here for the craic party on, Irish.

Will the delicate Lady Alex go into the half way circle in Birmingham, Alabama and declare her solidarity with the right for black women to choose what’s right for their body?

As well as the logistics of accommodating that many teams and groups, the prospect of watching matches at two or three in the morning doesn’t appeal to me. This is probably going to be the last World Cup I’ll actively follow and get involved in. Not for me beeky.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

kancutlawns wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:00 am
Carlos J wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:56 am The sad thing is FIFA has gone 48 teams for USA/Mexico/Canada in WC26.

Will the delicate Lady Alex go into the half way circle in Birmingham, Alabama and declare her solidarity with the right for black women to choose what’s right for their body?

As well as the logistics of accommodating that many teams and groups, the prospect of watching matches at two or three in the morning doesn’t appeal to me. This is probably going to be the last World Cup I’ll actively follow and get involved in. Not for me beeky.
The logistics is not a problem. Like boxing from Vegas is 4am here, peak time in the east coast. Like the final of USA 94 was at 12.30pm Paciific Time, AKA 7.30pm UK time.

It will be similar as FIFA know their biggest market is Europe and tend times to it. Hence 10pm starts in Quatar.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Carlos J wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:25 am

The logistics is not a problem. Like boxing from Vegas is 4am here, peak time in the east coast. Like the final of USA 94 was at 12.30pm Paciicif Time, AKA 7.30pm UK time.

It will be similar as FIFA know their birggest market is Europe and tend times to it. Hence 10pm starts in Quatar.
Games on the west coast kicking off at 10am for prime time UK and European markets? Can’t see that being a goer for US cable TV. Viewing figures and advertising revenue will be low.

I repeat logistics for a World Cup expanding from 32 to 48 will be an issue. People struggling with maintaining an interest for matches four times a day and during the working day here. Are we going to go to six games a day, a two month World Cup in four years time? Keeping an active audience, generating viewing figures for group matches involving likes of New Caledonia, Andorra, DRC and Bangladesh not to mention Scotland isn’t really going to be good for the bottom line.

It’s going to disrupt an already oversaturated global football market and is Wenger still going to go for biannual World Cup?

BTW, it’s a eight hour time difference between PST and BST, not seven. That was a one off as was your boxing metaphor. This is about a whole tournament. Even the lucrative North African, Middle East, South Asian and Far East demographic won’t be able to maintain an interest. FIFA are going to overcook the golden goose. Remember the over long cricket World Cup in 2014 and the backlash the ICC got for that? They had to discard that format pretty sharpish. Players from the EPL, Serie A, La Liga and Bundesliga are already expressing anger and concern about the amount of domestic and international games they have to play. How do you think this will go down?
Last edited by kancutlawns on Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

WOTS DA FOCKEN CRAIC HERE DEN LADS?
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Clivert

Post by Clivert »

32 teams for The World Cup is perfect as was 16 teams for the Euros.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

kancutlawns wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:33 am

The logistics is not a problem. Like boxing from Vegas is 4am here, peak time in the east coast. Like the final of USA 94 was at 12.30pm Paciicif Time, AKA 7.30pm UK time.

It will be similar as FIFA know their birggest market is Europe and tend times to it. Hence 10pm starts in Quatar.
Games on the west coast kicking off at 10am for prime time UK and European markets? Can’t see that being a goer for US cable TV. Viewing figures and advertising revenue will be low.

I repeat logistics for a World Cup expanding from 32 to 48 will be an issue. People struggling with maintaining an interest for matches four times a day and during the working day here. Are we going to go to six games a day, a two month World Cup in four years time? Keeping an active audience, generating viewing figures for group matches involving likes of New Caledonia, Andorra, DRC and Bangladesh not to mention Scotland isn’t really going to be good for the bottom line.

It’s going to disrupt an already oversaturated global football market and is Wenger still going to go for biannual World Cup?
Going to 48 teams is ridicoulous. We concur on that.

I will not answer any of you Strawmen, Kancut, as you cannot answer them either.

This strawman tactic as noted as per, seems to often be your go to now.

So, answer the question, why will 48 teams in USA/Mexico/Canada not be a problem logistically? More host cities allowed

Youi bemoan 4 games a day, A lot of people love it. See, equally as many as you state struggling to maintain an interest. :roll:

During the working day, you say? Always happens in a World Cup. Good forward thinkers take time off if they are keen. I'm free à la John Inman for most of the tourney.

You're getting yourself bothered about fixtures in 2026 before even started. :roll:

Chill old friend.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Clivert wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:30 pm 32 teams for The World Cup is perfect as was 16 teams for the Euros.
Totally true.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Carlos J wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:30 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:33 am

Going to 48 teams is ridicoulous. We concur on that.

I will not answer any of you Strawmen, Kancut, as you cannot answer them either.

This strawman tactic as noted as per, seems to often be your go to now.

So, answer the question, why will 48 teams in USA/Mexico/Canada not be a problem logistically? More host cities allowed

Youi bemoan 4 games a day, A lot of people love it. See, equally as many as you state struggling to maintain an interest. :roll:

During the working day, you say? Always happens in a World Cup. Good forward thinkers take time off if they are keen. I'm free à la John Inman for most of the tourney.

You're getting yourself bothered about fixtures in 2026 before even started. :roll:

Chill old friend.
Fair enough. I just think it’s an awful idea. Yes, four games a day has been good. It’s not a straw man argument to say you need to build in more games in a day or expand the duration of the tournament to accommodate sixteen extra teams.

Only three and a half years away. I’m sure that in the next couple of years, we’ll revisit this situation. Perfectly chilled old friend. :)

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Clivert wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:30 pm 32 teams for The World Cup is perfect as was 16 teams for the Euros.
I disagree.
24 in the euros worked out really well, giving some teams in third place a chance, which meant the "little" teams gave it a go right from the start.
I maintain that Iceland would never have made the KO-stage if it had been top-two-from-four. That's an unsupported assertion, btw :-)
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

ccreds

Re: Group B: England, United States, Iran & Wales

Post by ccreds »

kancutlawns wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:33 pm
JW90 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:29 pm
Sadact7 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:16 pm Up the fucking England

Tango the Wednesday fan. Seen him at Leicester several times.
This was from many seasons ago. Still had the huge gut then.

All from the Tango adverts. When did the old cans with oranges all around the side change? I'd say about 1994.

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

JW90 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:32 pm Prat on 606 complaining that Wales got no coverage
When all is said and done, the history books will clearly show....

It was Chesney WOT WON IT!
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>