Can anyone tell me....

Talksport - the main station discussion place
Sunbeam Alpine

Can anyone tell me....

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

I gave up on Talksport maybe ten years ago.

From time to time now I give it 5 minutes and realise it is still mediocre, to put it kindly. Third division presenters who don't know they are. Tired, tired formats . Reporting which reeks of amateurism and under-investment.

But on this forum you continue , after years, discussing the output. 90% of the comment is that it is SHIT.

So please tell me....

WHY DO YOU LISTEN TO THIS SHIT?

subsub

Re: Can anyone tell me....

Post by subsub »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:04 pm I gave up on Talksport maybe ten years ago.

From time to time now I give it 5 minutes and realise it is still mediocre, to put it kindly. Third division presenters who don't know they are. Tired, tired formats . Reporting which reeks of amateurism and under-investment.

But on this forum you continue , after years, discussing the output. 90% of the comment is that it is SHIT.

So please tell me....

I don't think many TFers listen to TalkSport any more.
Or if they do, they listen much less than in the past.

Danny Kelly remains an excellent presenter, and H&J are still worth a listen.
WOKE AND PROUD

antdad

Post by antdad »

Yep. 90% is shit but there's the odd diamond such as Kelly who can present sport based content without all the effluent.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:04 pm I gave up on Talksport maybe ten years ago.

So please tell me....

2 questions in return...

1.WHAT THE FUCK HAS IT GOT TO DO WITH YOU?

and more importantly

2. WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT OTHERS LISTEN TOO?

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Goals as they go in show on Saturday and midweek are alright along with the midweek debate shows.

GLeeder

Post by GLeeder »

I like Sunday mornings with Rushden and Glendenning
...now preceded by a decent show with Custis and Winter having thankfully dispensed with that boring Welsh twat, Owen

I've listened to H & J every lunchtime for nearly 20 yrs now, I'll listen to the breakfast show on my way to work,which has now thankfully improved now 'little miss self publicity' has moved on.

Trans Euro express is always a decent enough show...as is Danny Kelly's Monday night kick off, whenever its on.

The sports bar at 10 , is ok, for the first hour or so, if theres nothing else on TV

Anything Andy Golstein presents however is to be avoided as he is a detestable cunt.
....ditto Adsm Catterall, who will bore anyone to tears

LaaLaa
Jedi Master

Post by LaaLaa »

I've not listened in around 10 years, except since he started back at the station I sometimes listen to James Whale. When he leaves at midnight and leaves the show to Ash & his cronies the show gets horribly right wing and usually I see how much I can stand before switching off. At the moment they're ranting about immigrants, surprise surprise.
I really am a biatch

Saints11

Post by Saints11 »

Listen mainly to the you tube uploads from Jim white and Simon Jordan
mentioning other members is not allowed in signatures

Ned

Post by Ned »

Danny Kelly is a peerless broadcaster and Trans Europe Express is a great show by any standard.

H&J are still entertaining but I don't listen on days when Baker is in instead, it's an instant switch-off.

As for the other shows, I follow my own advice and don't listen. The influx of Woods, Woozencroft and the like were where I switched off.

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

I listen to the final hour of H&J on my walk home from work (unfortunately that will change when the clocks go back).

TransEuroExpress is superb, but a bit late for me - usually catch the first hour before nodding off.

I wouldn't dream of listening to anything else, and haven't for at least five years. I'm basing this on my wife knowing who Alan Brazil is, and we've been together for 9 years.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

I listen to bits of Breakfast and JWOTS with Jordan when getting up.

No Baker or Stain or Sports Bar except if Deano is on.

A bit of Weekend Breakfast and no Rushden. Anything if DK is on.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

subsub wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:20 pm

So please tell me....

I don't think many TFers listen to TalkSport any more.
Or if they do, they listen much less than in the past.

Danny Kelly remains an excellent presenter, and H&J are still worth a listen.
I haven't listened to talkSPORT since The Two Mikes broke up. I also occasionally enjoyed This Sporting Life, the Sports Bar, and H&J.

Corporatism and political correctness have ruined the station. It's bland now.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

I have listened 24-7 from inception and it's not done me any harm
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Reg

Post by Reg »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:11 pm I have listened 24-7 from inception and it's not done me any harm
It was the making of you.
Roy IN!!

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

chelseachelsea wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:08 pm 2 questions in return...
1.WHAT THE FUCK HAS IT GOT TO DO WITH YOU?
and more importantly
2. WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT OTHERS LISTEN TOO?
Well, yes. Quite.
On the other hand, it was a reasonable question, politely expressed, so I'll answer.

I'm not an idiot; I know it's shit. Everything but R4 is shit, but in different ways.
As background noise when I'm pottering around in the kitchen tS is so shit that I can just ignore it.
5 fucking live, though! Banging on about politics and assuming I agree with them when I don't. That's foreground noise, that gets my attention at a time of day when I don't want my attention to be got :-)
What else is there? Fucking Heart? Desert Island Discs made real; the same ten songs for all eternity.
Local radio? There isn't any, and when there was it was always Generic local radio in the morning ... usually called the Morning Madhouse, with a male and a female who were JUST SO wacky and zany!!!!!!!

That's just in the morning. The same thing applies at other times of the day; just background noise about some VAR scandal in a match between two teams that I don't give a fuck about and I can let the words wash over my head.
And then an oasis in The Desert of Mediocrity! Danny Kelly saying something worth listening to, and with which I can engage, because he's talking about a general thing, and not a specific (That referee was a DISGRICE! Yeah? Right?) thing. But that's in the evening, when my poor old brain needs intellectual sustenance.
I usually don't give a fuck about that, either, but he talks about it in a non-challenging way ... almost as if he's not inviting an argument, but genuinely invites opinions that differ from his own.

And that is why I listen to talkSPORT.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99