Flintoff

Anything sportlike
theleader82

Flintoff

Post by theleader82 »

He’s been pictured for the first time since his accident last December. Looks like he’s had some work done to correct his face after the accident. A shame because I enjoyed top gear again with those 3. https://x.com/themonk1967/status/170023 ... h_uOZWYoTg
Man U and rangers

Turningleft

Re: Flintoff

Post by Turningleft »

Struggled with bulimia too

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

I thought he was a leading cricketer in his time and was best known for his part in England winning the 2005 Ashes. Is he only really now known for being in a piss poor show for petrol heads? How his stock has fallen. He was a bit of cock.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Should never have broken up his double act with Barney Rubble. It’s been downhill ever since.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

JudgeTedd wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:54 am Should never have broken up his double act with Barney Rubble. It’s been downhill ever since.
That sad, overweight twat who’s Romesh’s best mate and hollows him around like a lovesick poodle? It’s hard to err keep up.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

kancutlawns wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:39 am
JudgeTedd wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:54 am Should never have broken up his double act with Barney Rubble. It’s been downhill ever since.
That sad, overweight twat who’s Romesh’s best mate and hollows him around like a lovesick poodle? It’s hard to err keep up.
Erm…
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Bindoff
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Where Big P at? It's totesobvz this ain't the real Freddie. They Jamie foxxed this muhfucka
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Flintoffs gone back to cricket now he won’t getting any more modelling gigs with jacamo etc.
Man U and rangers

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:16 pm Flintoffs gone back to cricket now he won’t getting any more modelling gigs with jacamo etc.
Isn’t he doing a lot of work getting young people involved in rehabilitation and integrated into society with meaningful work? Seems like a productive use of his effort instead of props taking the piss out of weight and mental health issues he has.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

kancutlawns wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:19 pm
theleader82 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:16 pm Flintoffs gone back to cricket now he won’t getting any more modelling gigs with jacamo etc.
Isn’t he doing a lot of work getting young people involved in rehabilitation and integrated into society with meaningful work? Seems like a productive use of his effort instead of props taking the piss out of weight and mental health issues he has.
I don’t know about that. He did that show with James corden and redknapp which was a poor man’s they think it’s all over . I was hoping he’d go back to top gear
Man U and rangers

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:27 pm
I don’t know about that. He did that show with James corden and redknapp which was a poor man’s they think it’s all over . I was hoping he’d go back to top gear
Freddie Flintoff’s Field of Dreams. Very inspiring.

He also suffered serious facial injuries after a car crash nine months ago.

Not had the best time of it and he did seem to be portrayed as an overweight buffoon, which is quite unfair and quite typical of the tabloid scum.

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

BINTOFF

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

kancutlawns wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:54 pm

Not had the best time of it and he did seem to be portrayed as an overweight buffoon, which is quite unfair and quite typical of the tabloid scum.
Yes I enjoyed that. It’s a shame lots of cricket clubs are being lost for housing estates. It should be played in state schools, it’s possible with the short formats .
Man U and rangers

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

theleader82 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:00 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:54 pm

Yes I enjoyed that. It’s a shame lots of cricket clubs are being lost for housing estates. It should be played in state schools, it’s possible with the short formats .
I was playing club cricket 50 years ago as a colt, and at Grammar School from 11 to 16 and it was all short formats. 20 overs an Innings for evening matches, Saturday and Sunday were timed start at 2pm whoever batted first went on till 4;30pm, tea until 5pm, then next team batted to 6pm before last 20 overs came in to finish.