Britain is broken

In-depth debate on all topical issues
JudgeTedd

Britain is broken

Post by JudgeTedd »

The only thing this Lineker episode has shown is how broken Britain has become.

This guy has it sussed.

It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

The Tick

Re: Britain is broken

Post by The Tick »

Yeah but Labour, woke, Harry and meghan, Sadiq khan, dinghies, single mothers, gays, Muslims, welfare benefits, left wing civil servants, students, the BBC, the EU, foreigners in general, remainers, environmentalists....

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

The guy called it right, but do labour offer anything different?
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

subsub

Post by subsub »

JudgeTedd wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:14 am The only thing this Lineker episode has shown is how broken Britain has become.

This guy has it sussed.

Absolutely. Let's hope the majority of people in the UK agree with him.
WOKE AND PROUD

finchman

Post by finchman »

I blame Corbyn,Thornberry,Abbott,McDonnell and all the other left wing idiots who gave the tories a massive 80 seat majority.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

Dere's more to England den dis !
Stuff is fucked though .. don't even bother sending a letter, might as well throw it in the bin eg
And yeah Sadiq Khan, the current Labour govt in waiting god help us and fuck em all

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

The country has been broken for years.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

beingsoblase wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:51 am The guy called it right, but do labour offer anything different?
Of course not. Yesterday they said "we support families." What does this even mean? And to those of us who don't have families (as in children), I suppose we're obsolete(?)
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Salem

Post by Salem »

He was spot on when he said the Tories couldn't fight the next election on their record of this last Parliament . It's been a fucking shambles

Maybe if they had carried out the promises they made at the last election , which i believe promised to stop the invasion and control the borders , they may have stood a chance .

Alas , it's too late and as the OP suggests , Britain is broken and there's no going back :(
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

lambrini wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:21 am The country has been broken for years.
Exactly, let's all reach for the razor blades
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Salem wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:56 am He was spot on when he said the Tories couldn't fight the next election on their record of this last Parliament . It's been a fucking shambles

Maybe if they had carried out the promises they made at the last election , which i believe promised to stop the invasion and control the borders , they may have stood a chance .

Alas , it's too late and as the OP suggests , Britain is broken and there's no going back :(
I think it can bounce back. The fundamental problem is the British political system views its people as a cost, not an asset. Higher taxes and well-run public systems, so people can be well-educated, have good jobs, be safe and healthy, is the cornerstone of societies that invest in their people. We've just never had an honest conversation about tax and spend.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Don't get me started on infrastructure :x
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Vespa wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:22 am
Salem wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:56 am He was spot on when he said the Tories couldn't fight the next election on their record of this last Parliament . It's been a fucking shambles

I think it can bounce back. The fundamental problem is the British political system views its people as a cost, not an asset. Higher taxes and well-run public systems, so people can be well-educated, have good jobs, be safe and healthy, is the cornerstone of societies that invest in their people. We've just never had an honest conversation about tax and spend.
A couple of days ago I was listening to a discussion about childcare.
A woman called in. British, but married to a German. Both professionals.
They had lived in Berlin when their children were born, but moved here recently ( I think to Leicester).
They have both resumed their careers here.
She was shocked. In Berlin childcare was free. Here is is (a) hard to find and (b) expensive ( she mentioned £13000 per child). There is a childcare payment, but not enough and not for high earners.
For two children they have to earn £32k before tax just to have their children cared for.
They have been talking about her giving up her career.
In Berlin public transport was easy , cheap and reliable.. Here they have had to buy a car.
Did they pay more tax in Germany? Yes, by about 10%
What did they get for that? See above. Lose your job, get 70% of what you earned for a year, then £600 pa after that.
What will the Tories offer at the next election? Lower taxes.
What will Labour offer? No higher taxes
No-one is prepared to grasp the nettle that we need higher taxes and greater infrastructure, both hard and soft.

Turningleft

Post by Turningleft »

I'd vote for this vision all day long

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:35 pm

A couple of days ago I was listening to a discussion about childcare.
A woman called in. British, but married to a German. Both professionals.
They had lived in Berlin when their children were born, but moved here recently ( I think to Leicester).
They have both resumed their careers here.
She was shocked. In Berlin childcare was free. Here is is (a) hard to find and (b) expensive ( she mentioned £13000 per child). There is a childcare payment, but not enough and not for high earners.
For two children they have to earn £32k before tax just to have their children cared for.
They have been talking about her giving up her career.
In Berlin public transport was easy , cheap and reliable.. Here they have had to buy a car.
Did they pay more tax in Germany? Yes, by about 10%
What did they get for that? See above. Lose your job, get 70% of what you earned for a year, then £600 pa after that.
What will the Tories offer at the next election? Lower taxes.
What will Labour offer? No higher taxes
No-one is prepared to grasp the nettle that we need higher taxes and greater infrastructure, both hard and soft.
Obviously didn't do their homework

Should have stayed in Berlin.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On