Semi-finals: Argentina vs Croatia on 13th December

theleader82

Re: Semi-finals: Argentina vs Croatia on 13th December

Post by theleader82 »

Messi wouldn’t have had as much success in the prem league. La liga is pretty weak behind the top. 4/5 teams.
Man U and rangers

paolo

Post by paolo »

i would love the mulims to beat the frogs

but the frogs are the only chance of stopping the argies
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

subsub

Post by subsub »

black_guardian wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:20 pm Pundits shouldn't be employed on an independent contractor basis IMO.
Why not? Happens in cricket all the time, doing a couple of hours on TV then doing a spot on radio.
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

theleader82 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:40 pm Messi wouldn’t have had as much success in the prem league
:lol: :lol: :lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

paolo wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:53 pm i would love the mulims to beat the frogs

but the frogs are the only chance of stopping the argies
Hey, the 70s called, they'd like their material back!
WOKE AND PROUD

Reg

Post by Reg »

black_guardian wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:20 pm I note that pundit Karen Carney is slagging her way around every single TV network during the World Cup. One minute she's on BBC then she rolls onto ITV and by tomorrow she'll be back on the Beeb.

Whatever happened to pundits sticking to one channel as part of the coverage team for the tournament?

Pundits shouldn't be employed on an independent contractor basis IMO.
Most of them do it - even Lineker, who the BBC treat as a figurehead, works for BT Sport.

What is it that you object to?
Roy IN!!

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:40 pm Messi wouldn’t have had as much success in the prem league. La liga is pretty weak behind the top. 4/5 teams.
Amazing that De Bruyne, Aguero and Kompany did, eh?

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

kancutlawns wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:11 pm
theleader82 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:40 pm Messi wouldn’t have had as much success in the prem league. La liga is pretty weak behind the top. 4/5 teams.
Same with bundesliga. Why Sancho and bellingham are overrated
Man U and rangers

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82 wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:12 pm
Are they overrated when they play for England? I’d say Bellingham has potential to be one of the top five players of his generation within a couple of years. Many highly rated Germans like Sane, Podolski and Ballack haven’t set the Premier League on fire, Harmann, Gundogan and Lehmann were really good so not sure that calling anyone who played in the Bundesliga and came to the Premier League is accurate.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

kancutlawns wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:17 pm
Are they overrated when they play for England? I’d say Bellingham has potential to be one of the top five players of his generation within a couple of years. Many highly rated Germans like Sane, Podolski and Ballack haven’t set the Premier League on fire, Harmann, Gundogan and Lehmann were really good so not sure that calling anyone who played in the Bundesliga and came to the Premier League is accurate.
There are many players of many nations who didn't work in the Prem, but were great in other leagues.

The Prem is the best for coin, just look at the Champions League and Europa League to see how well it compares.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Carlos J wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:58 pm
There are many players of many nations who didn't work in the Prem, but were great in other leagues.

The Prem is the best for coin, just look at the Champions League and Europa League to see how well it compares.
Think there are other factors including the much vaunted pace and blood and thunder of the Premier League, probably the physicality too.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

kancutlawns wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:07 am
Carlos J wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:58 pm

Think there are other factors including the much vaunted pace and blood and thunder of the Premier League, probably the physicality too.
Indeed.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

What I find about Argentina is that it's a bit of a feat trying to remember the names of much of the first team players short of Lickle Leo. In about a minutes, I've remembered about three Martinez's, Di Maria, Mac Allister, Tagliafico, Otamendi, Romero, De Paul and Alvarez. Not really household names here as compared to the French, Brazilians (obvs), Belgians and to a less extent the Spanish and Portuguese. Not sure why as almost all play in Europe and are established players.

In fact, I would say that the Argentinians have a technical ability, are pretty tough and more affordable than players from other top nations. A quite undervalued footballing nation. What I find bizarre is the number of relatives I have living abroad like in the US almost all wanted Croatia to win tonight. I really can't work out why. With the greatest o' respeck, why would someone living abroad as a casual watcher without any great interest in the game support Croatia in a big international match? I can understand the genuine curiosity and hope that a Morocco goes as far as possible but Croatia? Not being mean to them as they are a technically good side, resilient and well drilled but is that really because of Luka and to a lesser extent someone like Brazovic, Kovacic and Perisic?
Last edited by kancutlawns on Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Yes. I’m sure he’d have been absolutely stumped at the prospect of taking on Ryan Shawcross, James Collins and Ashley fucking Williams.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

kancutlawns wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:26 am What I find about Argentina is that it's a bit of a feat trying to remember the names of much of the first team players short of Lickle Leo. In about a minutes, I've remembered about three Martinez's, Di Maria, Mac Allister, Tagliafico, Otamendi, Romero, De Paul and Alvarez. Not really household names here as compared to the French, Brazilians (obvs), Belgians and to a less extent the Spanish and Portuguese. Not sure why as almost all play in Europe and are established players.

In fact, I would say that the Argentinians have a technical ability, are pretty tough and more affordable than players from other top nations. A quite undervalued footballing nation. What I find bizarre is the number of relatives I have living abroad like in the US almost all wanted Croatia to win tonight. I really can't work out why. With the greatest o' respeck, why would someone living abroad as a casual watcher without any great interest in the game support Croatia in a big international match? I can understand the genuine curiosity and hope that a Morocco goes as far as possible but Croatia? Not being mean to them as they are a technically good side, resilient and well drilled but is that really because of Luka and to a lesser extent someone like Brazovic, Kovacic and Perisic?
Tell your relatives, bad luck, try support further and better.

I noted you missed Di Maria on other posts, but did not mention it.

Anyway all that shit,

Still got bad vibes from 2014. Little Leo, then at more prime, to win for Argentina at the Maracana. Waking past the trophy to receive 'Player of the Tournament' was sad scenes.

Mon little Leo, Though I fear France will out muscle and fight them.