Quarter-finals: England vs France on 10th December

Jonathan

Re: Quarter-finals: England vs France on 10th December

Post by Jonathan »

subsub wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:33 pm
Jonathan wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:57 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:29 pm Eni Aluko said Maguire shouldn’t have taken the penalty. Utter horseshit from that woman. He just overthought it and was under incredible pressure. Hard to blame Kane really. Give the penalty to someone other than our trusted penalty taker and after he scored the first one.
Yep, that was just hindsight crap, imagine someone else took it and missed. Kane then would of been accused of bottling it.
Agreed, Jonn-o.
One of them, innit?
Gutting to go out, but just one of those things.
It is Subs and unfortunately a little expected. It’s a shame as whilst Morocco have done well, I doubt we will ever get such a chance to reach the final again.

Reg

Post by Reg »

Sadact7 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:39 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:35 pm
Who would take over from him?
Eddie Howe would seem the most obvious choice. He’ll be getting sacked by Newcastle sooner or later.

Either that or Tony Adams for the pure lolz.
Need someone who played the game with style on the big stage.

Gazza.
Roy IN!!

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Southgate is absolutely fucking guff isn’t he.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Zippy wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:27 am Southgate is absolutely fucking guff isn’t he.
I knew we were fucked the moment I saw that weak little BASTARD Mason Mount stripping off. Then doubled down the shitcunt factor by chucking on Raheem “An Utterly Hapless Little Cunt When Not Scoring Tap Ins” Sterling.

Once again, at the point when England were on top and France were struggling, he sat on his thumb rather than making a change to up the tempo. Horrible feeling that, under this HR Supervisor twat, we are sleepwalking past our best chances to win a tournament in 50 years.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

kancutlawns wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:29 pm Eni Aluko said Maguire shouldn’t have taken the penalty. Utter horseshit from that woman.
Love to see that clipped somewhere.

I think we all agree ... no blame on Kane, shit happens. I feel for the lad. And yes, it would have been good for the country to have won ... now we have a bleak few months to get through.

Good luck everyone! Chin up! (no offence Harry).
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I think we should stick with Southgate. The players respect him and he has built a rapport with them. I can’t see anyone else coming in and doing a better job. We were unlucky last night
Man U and rangers

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

Sadact7 wrote:
Zippy wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:27 am Southgate is absolutely fucking guff isn’t he.
I knew we were fucked the moment I saw that weak little BASTARD Mason Mount stripping off. Then doubled down the shitcunt factor by chucking on Raheem “An Utterly Hapless Little Cunt When Not Scoring Tap Ins” Sterling.

Once again, at the point when England were on top and France were struggling, he sat on his thumb rather than making a change to up the tempo. Horrible feeling that, under this HR Supervisor twat, we are sleepwalking past our best chances to win a tournament in 50 years.
Spot on mate.

Southgate is woefully out of his depth.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

theleader82 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:22 pm I think we should stick with Southgate. The players respect him and he has built a rapport with them. I can’t see anyone else coming in and doing a better job. We were unlucky last night
Very reasoned. I suppose it's just a case of: do you stick or do you twist?
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Was geniuely bricking it at some points that you would win. Kane's pen (and sorry I know most of you are English) was hilarious though.

There's a team there though, maybe just not Southgate as coach.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Was geniuely bricking it at some points that you would win. Kane's pen (and sorry I know most of you are English) was hilarious though.

There's a team there though, maybe just not Southgate as coach.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

kevin04 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:11 pm There's a team there though, maybe just not Southgate as coach.
Best squad of players in Europe with a mediocre manager ... Southgate should be sacked as manager but should be retained as a butler, making sure all the players were happy and had everything they needed, a 'wellfare' coach if you will.
Last edited by carcinogen on Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The responsibility and the occasion was too much, and he lost it. Just blasted it hoping instead of doing what he did with the first one. Not really a captain. What does he do apart from call heads or tails?
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Zambo wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:23 pm The responsibility and the occasion was too much, and he lost it. Just blasted it hoping instead of doing what he did with the first one. Not really a captain. What does he do apart from call heads or tails?
That's very harsh.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

carcinogen wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:21 pm
kevin04 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:11 pm There's a team there though, maybe just not Southgate as coach.
Best squad of players in Europe with a mediocre manager ... Southgate should be sacked as manager but should be retained as a butler, making sure all the players were happy and had everything they needed, a 'wellfare' coach if you will.
Really? Better squad of players than France and even Spain? There’s a lot of hyperbole going on about Southgate. He’s improved the culture amongst the squad and the players are actually decent human being compared to the crop a decade ago consisting of toxic bellends like Rio, Gerrard, Rooney and Terry.

The thing with Southgate is he’s a decent, down to earth guy and of course people will say that you want to have someone who tells it like it is. Do do you want someone like Keane, Gerrard, Mourinho or Souness coming in and told they’re fucking shit? Is that what you want? Not really going to endear you to the players and you’re just going to have a a corrosive, toxic culture where players are going to want to bail out. I would say that Eddie Howe for example is a good man manager who engages with the playing staff and they play for him.

A load of England fans are utter fannies. Think they have an entitlement to win big trophies when we have only ever won one in the past. Need a reality check. I get the feeling he wants out though.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Only one man fit for purpose, Mr Royston Keane
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN