Group H: Portugal, Ghana, Uruguay, South Korea

kancutlawns

Re: Group H: Portugal, Ghana, Uruguay, South Korea

Post by kancutlawns »

Carlos J wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:12 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:06 pm
Carlos J wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:03 pm Watching on mute, are they going crazy because he blew the whistle when they had a corner? Had already played the 10 minutes.
Yup but their players are really distraught. They felt they deserved something from the game which is fair enough.
They had plenty of possession at the end but didn't really look like getting an equaliser.
Do you feel that Son carries the South Koreans like Little Leo does with the Argies?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

kancutlawns wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:26 pm
Carlos J wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:12 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:06 pm
Carlos J wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:03 pm Watching on mute, are they going crazy because he blew the whistle when they had a corner? Had already played the 10 minutes.
Yup but their players are really distraught. They felt they deserved something from the game which is fair enough.
They had plenty of possession at the end but didn't really look like getting an equaliser.
Do you feel that Son carries the South Koreans like Little Leo does with the Argies?
Deinitely.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Agreed.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Portugal-Uruguay
Half-watching ITV's "men walking in slow-motion" intro. It seems Laszlo Cravensworth is playing.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

No way was that a penalty.

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

kancutlawns wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:35 pm
Carlos J wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:31 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:25 pm
Carlos J wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:08 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:14 pm Dontcha just love he filthy way Vickery pronounces the Uruguayan players’ names on 5Dead? :)
Ah changed from Lovejoy to Vickery. I did wonder why Lovejoy was on 5Live.

Good old Tim pronounces the names correctly in Portuguese and Spanish, not trying to Anglicize them.
Yup, inadvertently made a typo in the name, by the time I edited my post, you had already replied posting the OP. :lol: I did love the way Tim went all Latino and rolled his r’s amongst other local custom pronunciations.
Ha, a very bad typo. :lol: One of his things and why not. Gone native, been over there over 20 years, married local, got his rewards in 2014.

Though still amuses me Higgins calls him a 'sex tourist'.
Hard to decide whether Tim or Graham Hunter is more of a shameless neo citizenship chaser.
They both are. Probably inspired by Ronnie "adopted Essex boy" Irani's defection from Lancashire.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

kentred1

Post by kentred1 »

McCoist truly sickening tonight fawning over Ronaldo

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Is the penalty decision one for Zummers?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

kancutlawns wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:08 pm Is the penalty decision one for Zummers?
Farce. The player is putting his arm down on the ground to break his fall and the ball hits it.

Unless the ball hits your hand and arm and you score, handball has to be deliberated to be penalised.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Zambo wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:38 am
kancutlawns wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:08 pm Is the penalty decision one for Zummers?
Farce. The player is putting his arm down on the ground to break his fall and the ball hits it.

Unless the ball hits your hand and arm and you score, handball has to be deliberated to be penalised.
Listened to Peter Walton’s description of the incident after the game. He gave a rather convoluted, technical way of saying the decision was wrong because “he didn’t make himself bigger so it shouldn’t have stood”. Is one of the problems over complicating a technical ruling instead of using one’s own judgment and commonsense?

I genuinely don’t know.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

It's all a load of garbage. There was nothing wrong with the original law. If in the opinion of the referee handball is deliberate, then it's a foul. If it isn't, then it isn't

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Zambo wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:47 am It's all a load of garbage. There was nothing wrong with the original law. If in the opinion of the referee handball is deliberate, then it's a foul. If it isn't, then it isn't
I feel sorry for Referees these days. If they used their common sense, some berk in a tv studio would slow down the incident and get the Jewellers eyepiece out, just to spot the Refs mistake. The Ref would then get vilified by all and sundry.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

It's more of a thankless task now than it's ever been. It's little wonder that there is a shortage of refs coming into the game. VAR and the way it is handled has made match officials a bag of nerves. That together with the idiotic tinkering with the laws.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Pen for Ghana saved. Nunez kicking the pen spot. Fucking loon. LOL.

subsub

Post by subsub »

2-0! :D

Nauseating commentary, banging on about "justice" for Ghana after what happened in the previous meeting.
WOKE AND PROUD