Labour Shadow Government Bullshit thread

In-depth debate on all topical issues
The Tick

Re: Labour Shadow Government Bullshit thread

Post by The Tick »

carcinogen wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:25 pm
You can't genuinely believe that.

The evidence is present with the results of the last 12 years of misrule, economic and social. Under the FPTP electoral system, Labour (or a Labour led coalition) is the best way to get us out of this.

Overused and lazy generalisations about non-Tory parties don't wash anymore.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Neither Labour or the Tories are remotely fit to govern this country, imo.

Politics is in the gutter.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Steve Hunt wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:23 am Neither Labour or the Tories are remotely fit to govern this country, imo.

:dart:

#falsedawn
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

"Sir" Keir would get us nuked day one, trying to give it large to vladders and getting instafucked
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Steve Hunt wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:23 am Neither Labour or the Tories are remotely fit to govern this country, imo.

For whatever the reason and there are quite a few the political class in this country, on all sides, it at an all time low in terms of talent. I'm not sure how that can be resolved.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Windy Miller

Post by Windy Miller »

carcinogen wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:18 am

For whatever the reason and there are quite a few the political class in this country, on all sides, it at an all time low in terms of talent. I'm not sure how that can be resolved.
anarchy
"Here is a box, a musical box, wound up and ready to play. But this box can hide a secret inside. Can you guess what is in it today?"

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

In the U.K.
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

carcinogen wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:18 am For whatever the reason and there are quite a few the political class in this country, on all sides, it at an all time low in terms of talent. I'm not sure how that can be resolved.
It's been like that for years, though. No-one in politics has ever done anything else, they either go via student politics or via a trade union. They know little else but election campaigns and opportunism to get them up the next step to Parliament. Once they get there they haven't got a clue about how the rest of us live, or see any further than the next election and how to keep their seat.

This is why Brexit turned out to be such a shambles; they couldn't just pass Brussels law on the nod any more, and were left to their own (pathetically inadequate) devices. I can't see Palmerston's Cabinet making such a fuck-up of a golden opportunity, but there you go.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

JimmyDee wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:18 pm

It's been like that for years, though. No-one in politics has ever done anything else, they either go via student politics or via a trade union.

Or hedge funds, investment banks, PR firms.

Friends of the "ordinary working man".

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

The Tick wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:00 pm Or hedge funds, investment banks, PR firms.
BZZZZZ! Is that the bee in your bonnet? :-)

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

finchman

Post by finchman »

Try owning a triple garage in Wigan under a Labour council.....if you think the tories are a bunch of inadequate clueless gobshites,(which they are), then you ain't seen fuck all yet.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

JimmyDee wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:22 am
The Tick wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:00 pm Or hedge funds, investment banks, PR firms.
BZZZZZ! Is that the bee in your bonnet? :-)
No more or no less than trade unions and students are for you :D

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

The Tick wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:35 am No more or no less than trade unions and students are for you :D
I don't remember banging on about those things, in a daringly controversial way, but there you go.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

JimmyDee wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:45 am
The Tick wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:35 am No more or no less than trade unions and students are for you :D
I don't remember banging on about those things, in a daringly controversial way, but there you go.
You felt strongly enough to mention them in a disparaging fashion. That's a clear enough indicator.

birdie

Post by birdie »

JimmyDee wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:18 pm
carcinogen wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:18 am For whatever the reason and there are quite a few the political class in this country, on all sides, it at an all time low in terms of talent. I'm not sure how that can be resolved.
It's been like that for years, though. No-one in politics has ever done anything else, they either go via student politics or via a trade union. They know little else but election campaigns and opportunism to get them up the next step to Parliament. Once they get there they haven't got a clue about how the rest of us live, or see any further than the next election and how to keep their seat.

This is why Brexit turned out to be such a shambles; they couldn't just pass Brussels law on the nod any more, and were left to their own (pathetically inadequate) devices. I can't see Palmerston's Cabinet making such a fuck-up of a golden opportunity, but there you go.
You know that's not true, there are, of course, those who have never done anything else, but many of them had careers before they went into politics. there are doctors, (who still practice part time), nurses, teachers, lawyers, the odd actress or two and TV presenters, but to say that no one in politics has never done anything else isn't wholy acurate.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it