The modern football fan

Anything sportlike
Northern Troglodite

Re: The modern football fan

Post by Northern Troglodite »

WTF is xG , never understood all that shite , they spout all this shit to seem like they are ever so educated about the game & superior to the average fan who goes to pub, ground , shouts & swears , calls his team Great/Shite ... wins or loses , then back to pub .....while they slope off to their beard oil, craft ale ...& bedrooms analysing why shit happened & watching the WSL !!!!
Bring on "The Clutcher :)

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

If ever proof were needed that modern fans aren’t the brightest bunch. This fella shows just how dense they can be.

Not only is he replying to Pies Moron expecting to have a conversation. But he hasn’t given a thought to what would happen if Arsenal invested in the summer either. If the Gunners spent around the same as some of those teams mentioned, who would be in a better position come the start of next season?
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

JudgeTedd wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:02 pm If ever proof were needed that modern fans aren’t the brightest bunch. This fella shows just how dense they can be.

Not only is he replying to Pies Moron expecting to have a conversation. But he hasn’t given a thought to what would happen if Arsenal invested in the summer either. If the Gunners spent around the same as some of those teams mentioned, who would be in a better position come the start of next season?
He’s a crying Geordie cunt tbf, they have a lower baseline for intelligence than most normal people anyway.

Hopefully his club’s overlords cut his head off. Black’s Life Doesn’t Matter
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Could be worse.
Could be....well see for yourselves.

I'm far from a violent man but, Christ on a bike, this would push me to the limits.
Far and away worst smugness I've ever seen.
And I've seen Whose Line Is It Anyway.
The only consolation is that as he's from Seattle he's probably been murdered and eaten and/or butt raped by homeless junkies by now.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Sadact7 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:01 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:02 pm If ever proof were needed that modern fans aren’t the brightest bunch. This fella shows just how dense they can be.

He’s a crying Geordie cunt tbf, they have a lower baseline for intelligence than most normal people anyway.

Hopefully his club’s overlords cut his head off. Black’s Life Doesn’t Matter
:lol:

They are a strange bunch at times.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

subsub

Post by subsub »

Basualdo wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:30 pm Could be worse.

I'm far from a violent man but, Christ on a bike, this would push me to the limits.
The only consolation is that as he's from Seattle he's probably been murdered and eaten and/or butt raped by homeless junkies by now.
Do you think he has learning difficulties?
WOKE AND PROUD

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

subsub wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:41 pm

Do you think he has learning difficulties?
He would have afterwards if he ever tried that at an Irish League game.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Neville Longbottom went on a bit of a downward spiral after leaving Hogwarts
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

finchman

Post by finchman »

Thank fuck I don't support a 'big' club......gloryhunting is a terrible affliction.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

finchman wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:46 am Thank fuck I don't support a 'big' club ...

Same here.
As we have learned from some of the calls to tS, screaming down the phone over a perceived injustice is not only expected, but positively encouraged in fans of "big clubs". Fucking babies.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

finchman wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:46 am Thank fuck I don't support a 'big' club......gloryhunting is a terrible affliction.
Do YOU think that unless you support the Big Six (or seven) you don’t support a big club? I can think of many other clubs in the Premier League who are big in terms of history, support or owner wealth. Laughable.

finchman

Post by finchman »

kancutlawns wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:15 pm
finchman wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:46 am Thank fuck I don't support a 'big' club......gloryhunting is a terrible affliction.
Do YOU think that unless you support the Big Six (or seven) you don’t support a big club? I can think of many other clubs in the Premier League who are big in terms of history, support or owner wealth. Laughable.
There are big clubs in League one.....who mentioned big six ffs.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Unbelievably, a fan of a rival club has decided to make a “Fails” compilation of a player coming off the bench in the second half of a preseason friendly.

We’ve reached the peak people. Run for your lives!

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

antdad

Post by antdad »

JudgeTedd wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:02 pm
But he hasn’t given a thought to what would happen if Arsenal invested in the summer either. If the Gunners spent around the same as some of those teams mentioned, who would be in a better position come the start of next season?
Given that for the past few years Arsenal have mostly ended up in fifth place or lower until last season is that really down to your improvement or some of the usual suspects having a poor time of it for one reason or another in a punctuated season.

It will be a bit of both tbf so if that's the case assuming those clubs have a bit of a rebound and find some semblance of stability and consistant form wouldn't you also expect similar improvements in their league position irrespective of any future spend?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Correct, people supporting a big club because they are a big club, but have no connection whatsoever, are not supporters at all imo.

Fucking bandwagon fans.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On