The best, sorry worst, scam attempt

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
VeritasVincit

The best, sorry worst, scam attempt

Post by VeritasVincit »

I had a phone call a while ago from a number I didn't recognise When I picked up the phone no one answered
But I could here people arguing in the background. All with Indian accents. One bit I did hear was "what did you do"
Phone down.
Then 15 minutes later another call from the same number. This time a recorded voice telling me there was a charge of £900 on my debit card. To cancel it press 1.
No point in swearing at a record. Phone down.
I await the next attempt.

JudgeTedd

Re: The best, sorry worst, scam attempt

Post by JudgeTedd »

Have you tried phoning the number back at some ungodly hour? Perhaps ask if they want to buy some double glazing. :D
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

You should try some of the scambaiting channels on YouTube, always cheers me up to hear these thieving bastards being given the run round.
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

beingsoblase wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:21 pm You should try some of the scambaiting channels on YouTube, always cheers me up to hear these thieving bastards being given the run round.
The main scambaiter, I cn't recall his name, is great, keeping them on the go via e-mails for days.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

JudgeTedd wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:20 pm Have you tried phoning the number back at some ungodly hour? Perhaps ask if they want to buy some double glazing. :D
India are currently +4.30 hour on us

Give them a call back around 9pm UK :D

I've had more than my fair share of the scam calls from India over the last year or so. I generally just lay on a very heavy Glaswegian accent and talk pish to them. Generally they're calling about my Windows computer errors. I led one guy on for about 30 mins. Got to the stage where i told him i was getting the credit card out and about to read him the number. Could tell he was getting excited :lol: :lol:
A joyless arsehole.

subsub

Post by subsub »

VeritasVincit wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:02 am I had a phone call a while ago from a number I didn't recognise When I picked up the phone no one answered
But I could here people arguing in the background. All with Indian accents. One bit I did hear was "what did you do"
Phone down.
Then 15 minutes later another call from the same number. This time a recorded voice telling me there was a charge of £900 on my debit card. To cancel it press 1.
This is one the best responses I've ever seen to a scammer, not to mention being absolutely hilarious.
"Lenny" is a series of responses that are triggered every time the scammer asks a question, and the cycle repeats after about 7-8 minutes.
The scammers thinks they're chatting to a rather forgetful old man, but in reality it's just a recording :lol:
The funniest thing is that even when they realise it is just a set of recordings, they get incredibly abusive and start swearing at "Lenny" as if he is a real person :lol: :lol: :lol:

WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

shabbado wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:29 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:20 pm Have you tried phoning the number back at some ungodly hour? Perhaps ask if they want to buy some double glazing. :D

I've had more than my fair share of the scam calls from India over the last year or so. I generally just lay on a very heavy Glaswegian accent and talk pish to them. Generally they're calling about my Windows computer errors. I led one guy on for about 30 mins. Got to the stage where i told him i was getting the credit card out and about to read him the number. Could tell he was getting excited :lol: :lol:
:lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

subsub wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:01 pm
VeritasVincit wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:02 am I had a phone call a while ago from a number I didn't recognise When I picked up the phone no one answered
Phone down.
This is one the best responses I've ever seen to a scammer, not to mention being absolutely hilarious.
"Lenny" is a series of responses that are triggered every time the scammer asks a question, and the cycle repeats after about 7-8 minutes.
The scammers thinks they're chatting to a rather forgetful old man, but in reality it's just a recording :lol:
The funniest thing is that even when they realise it is just a set of recordings, they get incredibly abusive and start swearing at "Lenny" as if he is a real person :lol: :lol: :lol:

The ducks are genius :lol:
A joyless arsehole.

subsub

Post by subsub »

shabbado wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:58 pm
subsub wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:01 pm
Phone down.

The ducks are genius :lol:
Yep, a few scammers mention that :mrgreen:
Some of the scammers are incredibly hostile, too - a bunch of charlatans! I'd take a pickaxe to them etc #bobby
WOKE AND PROUD

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

shabbado wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:29 pm

There is no connection to the number. I tried a few minutes ago.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

VeritasVincit wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:58 pm
beingsoblase wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:21 pm You should try some of the scambaiting channels on YouTube, always cheers me up to hear these thieving bastards being given the run round.
The main scambaiter, I cn't recall his name, is great, keeping them on the go via e-mails for days.
Kitboga, too 😂😂😂😂

MA'AM
MA'AM
U HAVE A WIRUS IN YOUR COMPOOTAR

( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
“The forum's saucy upstart” –Ghost
“Solid broess” –Sadact7
“Decent long termer”–Paolo

antdad

Post by antdad »

Don't think it was a scam but I kept getting a call (landline) from an unfamiliar number. After looking it up on a phone number checker site I answered their must've been seventh attempt.

I picked up but stayed silent.

"This is your local domestic energy advisor" he said

"How can you be local when you're 100 miles away in Bournemouth?"

"Uggghhh." Click.

https://www.unknownphone.com/

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

As soon as I get a call that is clearly a Russian telesales (not even a scammer) I just start talking over them in English about wasps or carrots or something. Doesn't last more than ten seconds.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

lambrini wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:01 pm Kitboga, too 😂😂😂😂
He's great. Have a listen to "The angriest scammer I've ever called (30 mins of rage)".
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Phone down.
Tbf bro, every single one of your posts reads like some sort of scam attempt.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe