Cornwall

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
kancutlawns

Cornwall

Post by kancutlawns »

Went on a family holiday weeks back. Took six and a half fucking hours to get there on a Friday night because within two minutes of getting on the M5, there was a massive tailback which meant crawling along, driving fifteen miles in two hours.

Anyway, a different experience from Devon twelve months earlier. Enjoyed both yet Cornwall had the idyllic fishing villages. Found a good beach in Porthpean, by St Austell. St Ives was lovely, really picturesque. Then there was Padstow, another good beach close to there. Thought that other towns like Bodmin and Newquay were pretty unimpressive and just run down, the latter was fully booked out of eating places on arriving there.

Did two trips to Lands End, not been there since 1976 so a bit of a nostalgic experience but the Tuesday night fireworks were actually decent with a good historical commentary. Decent Fish and Chips in St Austell, cream teas and a vegan pasty.

Liked the county, what struck me was how good the A30 is to get around and being located midway almost every part was accessible within an hour and fifteen minutes. Tourist industry is getting going again. Sleepy villages are a treat and if you like err watersports, it’s a treat.

Zambo

Re: Cornwall

Post by Zambo »

Cornwall or the LD, it's a close call for me which is the best, but visited Cornwall a few years back and found it stunning. Truro is an excellent place to stay to use as central point. Only drawback was the amount of very narrow roads.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

If you're in devon, make sure to visit buckfast abbey for the tonic wine they produce.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Zambo wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:05 pm Cornwall or the LD, it's a close call for me which is the best, but visited Cornwall a few years back and found it stunning. Truro is an excellent place to stay to use as central point. Only drawback was the amount of very narrow roads.
Stayed up in St Austell. Pleasantly surprised that we didn’t encounter blocked roads when we were there. Drove everywhere quickly. Only problem was lack of eating places.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Cornwall is beautiful. Did you visit Tate St Ives?
Cornish roads are nightmarish. 🤣🤭
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Cuntwall more like.
Padstow,Rock,Newquay....Wall to wall cunts

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Pointless place. Just cut it adrift.

Especially all those balding twats trying to be surfer doods.

Bin. Die.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Nice for a few days in summer, otherwise a bleak freezing impoverished mental hippy wasteland
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

antdad

Post by antdad »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:16 pm Nice for a few days in summer, otherwise a bleak freezing impoverished mental hippy wasteland
:lol:

My cousin went this week and apparently it took them over seven hours, they are fucking retards so no surprise.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Sadact7 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:13 pmthose balding twats trying to be surfer doods.

Bin. Die.
True. It's also the new haven for insufferable Londoners.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I prefer Devon personally, but they’re both very nice. Not too keen on long drives. You can’t beat Cornish vanilla ice cream though. Mm.
Man U and rangers

subsub

Post by subsub »

Sadact7 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:13 pm Pointless place. Just cut it adrift.

Especially all those balding twats trying to be surfer doods.

Bin. Die.
:lol: :lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

kancutlawns wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:42 am Did two trips to Lands End, not been there since 1976 so a bit of a nostalgic experience but the Tuesday night fireworks were actually decent with a good historical commentary.
Two trips?

Did you not realise just how fucking awful it was on your first trip?

John O'Groats is what it is. A shite hole. It knows it's a shit hole but doesn't try to pretend otherwise.
Lands End is also a shit hole but is trying it's hardest to pretend it isn't a shit hole.

You'd have been much better going to Cape Cornwall. It's glorious and just a little further up the coast from Lands End but no where near as many touristy type cunts.
A joyless arsehole.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Cornwall itself is glorious. We went about 10 years back.

Stayed in Marazion. Visited Lands End (pfffffftttt) Cape Cornwall, Minack Theartre, Eden Project, the village of Fowey and also Charlestown. Avoid the super buys placed like St Ives and Newquay.

Would like to go back down but as mentioned it's a shit of a drive. Think it's close to 9 hours door to door provided no traffic issues.

When we went we drove across from Southampton and it took about 6 hours. From the moment we hit the A30 in Devon it was nose to tail caravan cunts. Counted at least 3 of them which had turned over between Devon and Cornwall.
A joyless arsehole.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Like any places worth a visit in the UK, unless you can pick your dates and times, the journey can be horrendous.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On