Bowel cancer any tips?

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
lambrini

Re: Bowel cancer any tips?

Post by lambrini »

Oh my goodness, Vespa. Take care. ❤️🙏🏻
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
“The forum's saucy upstart” –Ghost
“Solid broess” –Sadact7
“Decent long termer”–Paolo

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Pharmacies = cunts

I like all my doctors and nurses, except pharmacies; bunch of cunts

Every day I go in for chemo they are late making my chemo, four hours after getting my chemo I then have to wait some undetermined time for my take-home medicine. I'm not alone we all have the same issue.

For the last few months I've had trouble breathing they've discovered micro-blood clots in my lungs. Come in and we'll put you on injectable blood thinner my doctor says, I'll raise the prescription now. Drive in two hours later and these lazy cunts haven't even started work on it - 90 minutes later I leave.

Bunch of cunts.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

Vespa wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:11 pm Pharmacies = cunts

Every day I go in for chemo they are late making my chemo, four hours after getting my chemo I then have to wait some undetermined time for my take-home medicine. I'm not alone we all have the same issue.

For the last few months I've had trouble breathing they've discovered micro-blood clots in my lungs. Come in and we'll put you on injectable blood thinner my doctor says, I'll raise the prescription now. Drive in two hours later and these lazy cunts haven't even started work on it - 90 minutes later I leave.

Bunch of cunts.
I haven't had the issues you've had, with such a horrible disease, but I've worked with two Pharmacists, who seemed to take delight in making customers/patients wait for their medication. And it seemed it was just for the reason, "they are Pharmacist and can't be rushed"

subsub

Post by subsub »

chelseachelsea wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:32 pm

Bunch of cunts.
I haven't had the issues you've had, with such a horrible disease, but I've worked with two Pharmacists, who seemed to take delight in making customers/patients wait for their medication. And it seemed it was just for the reason, "they are Pharmacist and can't be rushed"
That's such a shitty excuse, Mr C.
You'd think working in that profession they'd realise that the people they help need their medication quickly and with the minimum of fuss.
WOKE AND PROUD

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

subsub wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:11 pm

Bunch of cunts.
You'd think working in that profession they'd realise that the people they help need their medication quickly and with the minimum of fuss.
Have you worked with a pharmacist?

subsub

Post by subsub »

chelseachelsea wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:19 pm
subsub wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:11 pm

Bunch of cunts.
Have you worked with a pharmacist?
No. But it's surprising to hear that they can behave that way, and it sounds like cuntish behaviour that must be very frustrating to have to put up with.
WOKE AND PROUD

antdad

Post by antdad »

Not as critical but having had a number of elderly relatives released from hospital in recent years, the words I most fear to hear is "just waiting for the prescription". Often takes hours, sometimes all afternoon even if it means bed blocking. It's like having your holiday flight delayed, your heart sinks.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

antdad wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:27 pm Not as critical but having had a number of elderly relatives released from hospital in recent years, the words I most fear to hear is "just waiting for the prescription". Often takes hours, sometimes all afternoon even if it means bed blocking. It's like having your holiday flight delayed, your heart sinks.
+1

Same. A pharmacy notified my grandad that his prescription was ready for collection but when he arrived they hadn't even started dispatching it. No apology or concern whatsoever.
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

lambrini wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:28 am
antdad wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:27 pm Not as critical but having had a number of elderly relatives released from hospital in recent years, the words I most fear to hear is "just waiting for the prescription". Often takes hours, sometimes all afternoon even if it means bed blocking. It's like having your holiday flight delayed, your heart sinks.
+1

Same. A pharmacy notified my grandad that his prescription was ready for collection but when he arrived they hadn't even started dispatching it. No apology or concern whatsoever.
That's what pisses me off. I don't mind if I have to wait for drugs in the hospital with late notice. In this case they'd had it for fucking two hours and it was basically 14 doses of blood thinner. I also pay for my drugs, if I was under NHS I wouldn't but I'm private so oddly I do - and they still couldn't be arsed.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

A lot of pharmacies are in trouble due to underfunding, surprise surprise.

My local one next to drs surgery is being sold off. Nearly always empty, just like the Dr's surgery, but they still don't answer the phone.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Zambo wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:08 am A lot of pharmacies are in trouble due to underfunding, surprise surprise.

My local one next to drs surgery is being sold off. Nearly always empty, just like the Dr's surgery, but they still don't answer the phone.
I won't knock high street places, I'm talking about the ones inside the hospital.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Vespa wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:42 am
lambrini wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:28 am
+1

That's what pisses me off. I don't mind if I have to wait for drugs in the hospital with late notice. In this case they'd had it for fucking two hours and it was basically 14 doses of blood thinner. I also pay for my drugs, if I was under NHS I wouldn't but I'm private so oddly I do - and they still couldn't be arsed.
They were like oh it'll be ready in 90 minutes, go away and come back later. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Bear in mind my grandad is 85 years old. Lol.

Private can be as bad tbh. Hmm, I wonder why? 🤔
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

antdad

Post by antdad »

@Vespa. So how do you physically pay for meds coming out of I assume is a NHS hospital pharmacy?

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Zambo wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:08 am A lot of pharmacies are in trouble due to underfunding, surprise surprise.

It's laughable. Speaking of GP surgeries—and this is true—while my nan was waiting for her appointment, a postman rushed into the surgery. He'd been badly bitten by a dog and begged for assistance. The receptionists refused to help and advised him to visit the local Minor Injuries Unit which, surprise surprise, only opens a few days a week and unfortunately for him, it was closed that day. So, the poor bloke pleaded to see a doctor but they still said no and pointed him to the nearest A&E (20 miles away.) He drove himself there. WTF. 🤷🏻‍♀️
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

antdad wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:59 am @Vespa. So how do you physically pay for meds coming out of I assume is a NHS hospital pharmacy?
Does @-ing work? :lol:
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7