Bowel cancer any tips?

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: Bowel cancer any tips?

Post by Carlos J »

Roy Twing wrote:I've long felt that we're being hoodwinked regarding our health, specifically, preventative healthcare.
I don't think it's a coincidence that the royal family (for example) has so many long-lived members.
Even our pets get annual checkups, yet we tend to go to our GPs only when we have symptoms (often this is too late).
We should be getting/demanding regular full body scans, and the fact that we are not, in the 6th richest country on earth is a very sad indictment.

Roy. I thought if you're over 50, maybe different, you go to your GP for yearly MOTs where they check bloods etc. Not full scans but will detect anomalies. Sure my parent have said something similar. Another problem though, is, if people fell ok they probably won't go and like you say, find out things too late.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Best wishes Vespa. Kick its arse.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Vespa wrote:Not a pity post.

I was diagnosed with bowel cancer today and have been admitted to hospital for a full body CT scan in the morning.

Anyone gone through this and has any good tips for dealing with the whole process?

My father died of bowel cancer. Actually, that's not accurate. The pain was so bad he ended-up downing a bottle of whiskey and then slitting his wrists in a Peugeot 205 on Southwold seafront.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Carc. If you are not fucking about, have you ever talked to anyone about it? Rather than self-medicate. Talking treatments like CBT ain't so bad, request it from you GP.

Carc. If you are fucking about, shame on you.

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

carcinogen wrote:

I was diagnosed with bowel cancer today and have been admitted to hospital for a full body CT scan in the morning.

Anyone gone through this and has any good tips for dealing with the whole process?

My father died of bowel cancer. Actually, that's not accurate. The pain was so bad he ended-up downing a bottle of whiskey and then slitting his wrists in a Peugeot 205 on Southwold seafront.

Stop being a cunt - why the fuck would you feel it appropriate to post this on here?

A member of our forum is going through what is a tough time and other people are sharing real stories that will hopefully take the edge off the worries he will naturally be feeling, and you feel it is your place to counter that with posting this shit.

I don't give a fuck whether it's true or not (and I have no reason to believe it is) there is no good reason for making this post.

Shame on you.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

carcinogen wrote:

I'm not that weak.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Best Wishes Vespa . You're a fighter and you will win. Don't let it occupy all your thoughts. Find distractions.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

Fucking hell, Vespa.

I'm so sorry to hear your news. Life is so unfair.

Wishing you all the very best for a full and speedy recovery.

You can beat this, mate

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Terrible news Vespa. I wish you every success in the weeks / months ahead.

If you don't mind me asking what age are you? I had you pegged as being among the younger of the posters on talkFORUM.
A joyless arsehole.

shabbado

Post by shabbado »

Carlos J wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:I've long felt that we're being hoodwinked regarding our health, specifically, preventative healthcare.
I don't think it's a coincidence that the royal family (for example) has so many long-lived members.
Even our pets get annual checkups, yet we tend to go to our GPs only when we have symptoms (often this is too late).
We should be getting/demanding regular full body scans, and the fact that we are not, in the 6th richest country on earth is a very sad indictment.

Roy. I thought if you're over 50, maybe different, you go to your GP for yearly MOTs where they check bloods etc. Not full scans but will detect anomalies. Sure my parent have said something similar. Another problem though, is, if people fell ok they probably won't go and like you say, find out things too late.

May be worth moving this to a separate thread?

For what it's worth anyone at any age can request a health MOT from their doctor. I asked for one a few years back when turning 40.
A joyless arsehole.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

That's the thing, Shabba. Asking and going. They do ask here, but many don't go and you'll hear nothing after.

Which as, Vespa, said, is more reactive than proactive and that isn't good,

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

In my 40s.

subsub

Post by subsub »

shabbado wrote:
Carlos J wrote:

May be worth moving this to a separate thread?

For what it's worth anyone at any age can request a health MOT from their doctor. I asked for one a few years back when turning 40.

I had one a few months ago. Don't go to the doctors very often, and they said 'at my time of life' ( :shock: ) I need one, so they checked heart, blood etc, all the usual stuff.
Heart is fine, but they said I should drink a bit less :mrgreen:
Was very reassuring to know, though, that they've done various checks.
WOKE AND PROUD

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

Carlos J wrote:That's the thing, Shabba. Asking and going. They do ask here, but many don't go and you'll hear nothing after.

Which as, Vespa, said, is more reactive than proactive and that isn't good,
Men are notorious for not taking care of their health. The NHS provides free support to not die, you just need to get off your dick and ask for it.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Yep. Those health checks won't find everything, but may find something.

And I haven't seen a doctor for over 10 years, but why? And that is the problem.