Holden Mcgroyne

Re: Zambo, you are the ref.

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Can you see a foul here ?

There's no poem, just prose.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:19 pm Can you see a foul here ?

The only crime there is the keeper’s attempt to save it
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Looked like there might have been a push by the player who scored. Difficult to be sure from behind the goal, ref would have had a better angled view, although he was behind play and should have been closer.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Another one today with the Villa. On a West Ham attack, Hause put a forearm smash into Fornals. Play was allowed to continue with Konsa then pulling Bowen down outside the box as he was going away from the goal. Referee stopped play going to VAR and judging that Hause’s smash wasn’t worthy of a red. There was a separate review then of Konsa and he was shown a red.

Stockley Park said there “was potential to send off both players.” Why was Hause not sent off for what I admit was a blatant act of aggression? There was no mitigation surely? Did the referee bottle out of sending Hause off and instead show Konsa a red for a more dubious case? Would only a severe injury like a broken jaw or cheekbone for Fornals have seen Hause been given a red? Has there ever been an instance of two players on the same side being sent off for separate fouls in a single attacking move?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

imo should have been too reds (although the second one wouldn't have happened if the referee had done his job on the first). The first was an act of violent conduct, the second an opponent was denied a goal scoring opportunity. Dean Smith was wrong imo, about the position of the WH player, he looked like he would have got a shot in.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

In your reffing days have you had a match called off with anything like this Zam? Match called off Grantham v Worksop because off crows ruining the pitch going after Chafer Grubs.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Nothing so exciting mate. Just frozen and waterlogged pitches, and a couple of floodlight failures.

One abandonment remains clear in my memory however, when two opponents picked up a corner flag each and started to whack each other with them, before there was a pile in. 😄

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Zambo wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:50 pm Nothing so exciting mate. Just frozen and waterlogged pitches, and a couple of floodlight failures.

One abandonment remains clear in my memory however, when two opponents picked up a corner flag each and started to whack each other with them, before there was a pile in. 😄
Were they spare flags laying around or did one of them uproot and begin brandishing a corner flag leading the other to run across to the other corner to get another?

In a bit Foam Moe

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Sadact7 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:30 pm
Zambo wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:50 pm Nothing so exciting mate. Just frozen and waterlogged pitches, and a couple of floodlight failures.

Were they spare flags laying around or did one of them uproot and begin brandishing a corner flag leading the other to run across to the other corner to get another?
It was early days for me and on a rec with 15 pitches which were close together. So one from the pitch I was on, and one from the adjoining one.

All part of the fun of being a ref and the learning curve of dealing with misconduct. Was the only match I ever abandoned for aggro, but there would have been a mass brawl, no doubt. 😄

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Officials in charge at the Villa were an absolute disgrace. Coutinho “winner” ruled offside.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The officials in general and those in charge of them should be charged with bringing the game Into disrepute.

Shower of useless cunts.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

kancutlawns wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:52 pm Officials in charge at the Villa were an absolute disgrace. Coutinho “winner” ruled offside.
Not seen it but apparently it was an atrocious decision.

I swear to God we used to do a better job self-refereeing our games down the rec when I was a kid than these twats manage these days FFS

Edit:

Just seen it, diabolical stuff

There can’t be many high profile jobs where the level of accountability is almost zero.

In a bit Foam Moe

Singing The Blues

Post by Singing The Blues »

Wrong call but the City players all stopped once the flag was raised and the whistle went. So far from certain Coutinho would have scored.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Singing The Blues wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:41 am Wrong call but the City players all stopped once the flag was raised and the whistle went. So far from certain Coutinho would have scored.
That’s not really the point though. Mitigating a shocking decision by saying the player wouldn’t have scored anyway gives said official a get out. Who’s to say that if the whistle hadn’t gone, Coutinho wouldn’t have tried to position the ball further away from Ederson and scored anyway? Sorry, StB, talking with my claret and blue specs on. :)

Singing The Blues

Post by Singing The Blues »

kancutlawns wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:41 am
Singing The Blues wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:41 am Wrong call but the City players all stopped once the flag was raised and the whistle went. So far from certain Coutinho would have scored.
That’s not really the point though. Mitigating a shocking decision by saying the player wouldn’t have scored anyway gives said official a get out. Who’s to say that if the whistle hadn’t gone, Coutinho wouldn’t have tried to position the ball further away from Ederson and scored anyway? Sorry, StB, talking with my claret and blue specs on. :)
You're quite right. It was bad officiating and play should have been allowed to continue. And Coutinho might still have scored. We will never know.