Post by kancutlawns »

henrycrs wrote:I’m in the fucking zone for it now. Early finish and pub for 430

This time England.....let’s do this

I’m getting into the mood, henry. :)

henrycrs

Re: Group G - Tunisia v England

Post by henrycrs »

Del, my Sunday league team of 10 years ago could have got those results

We know that Tunisia are world beaters (when compared with the Jocks), but fuck me, if we don’t win I’d be surprised, but we will still qualify

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Mods why have the two threads been merged
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Why the fuck do you think?
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

henrycrs wrote:Del, my Sunday league team of 10 years ago could have got those results

We know that Tunisia are world beaters (when compared with the Jocks), but fuck me, if we don’t win I’d be surprised, but we will still qualify

Portugal and only 1-0 defeat by Spain [84th minute] goal
If you don't beat Tunisia and need to beat Belgium you will toil to get out the group
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Basualdo wrote:Why the fuck do you think?

Well I'm contributing,do your worst.
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

Del. Have faith

You’re boys would beat Panama and probably suck the life out of the game to force a draw with Tunisia

The Belgium game should be a dead rubber

THIS TIME ENGLAND

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

delboy1983 wrote:
henrycrs wrote:Del, my Sunday league team of 10 years ago could have got those results

If you don't beat Tunisia and need to beat Belgium you will toil to get out the group

Platty versus Belgium in the golden summer of 1990. It happened then when we were written off by all and sundry and we negotiated that in the euphoria of the moment. It could happen again.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

Basualdo wrote:Why the fuck do you think?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Build Back More Betterer

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

kancutlawns wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:

Platty versus Belgium in the golden summer of 1990. It happened then when we were written off by all and sundry and we negotiated that in the euphoria of the moment. It could happen again.
What a night. Dancing round my bedroom aged 12 when Platty hit the back of the net

Dare we dream????

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

kancutlawns wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:

Ramp it up,makes the descent far more spectacular :P
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

kancutlawns wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:

Platty versus Belgium in the golden summer of 1990. It happened then when we were written off by all and sundry and we negotiated that in the euphoria of the moment. It WILL happen again.
Build Back More Betterer

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

delboy1983 wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:

It’s not about ramping anything up. I enjoyed that night and the memory of his wonderful swivel volley as both an England and Villa fan, for whom he graced that summer is at it’s most enduring.

Your cynicism and lack of objectivity knows no bounds. Platty was a bloody hero for Villa and it’s noteable that for Bari and Arsenal, he never hit the peak that he did when Graham Taylor was our manager and with whom Platty took us to second in the league only to perhaps the best Liverpool side in living memory.

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

IMG_8032.JPG
Not World Cup, but still my favourite England moment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

kancutlawns wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:

It’s not about ramping anything up. I enjoyed that night and the memory of his wonderful swivel volley as both an England and Villa fan, for whom he graced that summer is at it’s most enduring.

Your cynicism and lack of objectivity knows no bounds. Platty was a bloody hero for Villa and it’s noteable that for Bari and Arsenal, he never hit the peak that he did when Graham Taylor was our manager and with whom Platty took us to second in the league only to perhaps the best Liverpool side in living memory.
Just ignore him mate, the mods have told him to stop trolling, hes carrying on, they'll get him sorted out, lets get back to the important job of supporting our great country.

And Gareth Southgate. But you can't have everything.
Build Back More Betterer