Beginning Driving Lessons

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
antdad

Re: Beginning Driving Lessons

Post by antdad »

Just practice what you've been taught in the lessons you've had so there are no issues with whoever is taking you out, chances are you'll know more than they do anyway.

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

Agreed.
I learnt decades ago. I was having lessons showing me the correct way to drive but I also used to drive around with my dad. I simply ignored just about everything he told me because he had begun driving years before when everything was very different.
Just use them to sit there, as the law demands, while you practice becoming really accustomed to manoeuvring and the controls

pugsly

Post by pugsly »

Bad Blue 2000 wrote:
LordLaret wrote:
Eaststand wrote:Agree with maude there. There app is excellent.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk

My brother got me the app that gives me access to the theory test / hazard perception tests / mock exams / random questions and the highway code and all sorts! Also monitors my progress over time as well, it's very handy indeed!

Don't make the mistake I made,
I got in the car via the sun-roof.

:lol: :lol: aw fuck me, this fuckin gaff

pugsly

Post by pugsly »

Laughing at BB , but currently payed £1700 for my daughters driving lessons and 5 failed tests,its getting ridiculous now, and fucking expensive, then she turns around and says [ am giving up dad] , i want her through it , but cant force either.

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

I learnt to drive over 26 years ago, drove about five or six times and haven't driven since. I hated every damn second behind the wheel.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Basualdo wrote:I learnt to drive over 26 years ago, drove about five or six times and haven't driven since. I hated every damn second behind the wheel.

Same here. If it was like the adverts, I would love it. But it isn't and I don't.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

Eaststand

Post by Eaststand »

yeah, I learnt how to drive only a few years aog, because I thought it would be fun, I dont need a car, because I live above my job, but I thought thisll be great.

I fucking hate driving. dont get me wrong, I've been on a few track days and been off roading, and thats well good fun, but regular driving I cannot stand.
Build Back More Betterer

beingsoblase

Post by beingsoblase »

I count myself fortunate that as i passed my test in 86, i had ten odd years of driving before speed cameras, resident parking permits, main roads being turned into single track lanes due to fucking 15 feet wide cycle lanes, and last but not least, a lot of work on a car could be carried out by myself (under supervision from my dad at times)

Nowadays driving is a right pain in the arse, any supposed small job on a car involves removing the entire engine and wheels, you will be charged an arm and a leg to park anywhere, and why the fuck does betty want to go to the garden centre at 24 mph at 6.30 am when I'm trying to get to work early to avoid betty and her senile delinquent mates?

That apart, crack on LL, and don't listen to us old farts with our "everything was better in the past" rantings!
"Stop drinking on an empty stomach and tweeting on an empty head, you fucking booze-addled halfwit."

LordLaret

Post by LordLaret »

I am resuming the lessons in a week or two time, found a potential new instructor and they seem alright. Will give feedback when I book and have them!
"My Profile Signatures Were Crap, So I Got Rid Of Them."

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

Old Killer Klown very late of this parish was a driving instructor, it's a pity he isn't still around for you.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

Here's a good driving tip. When you get on the motorway go straight onto the middle lane and stay there. Do 50mph and under no circumstances move over unless it's into the outer lane where the same rule applies.

Here's another. If someone gives way to you allowing you to pull out of a side street on a single lane, do so but do not go over 20 MPH after they've let you out.

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

Had to Google 50mph as I learned to drive after we'd switched over to kilometres ;)

Shitehawkery exists on both ends of the speed spectrum when it comes to motorway driving.
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

Reg

Post by Reg »

I hate driving.
Roy IN!!

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Darkyboy wrote:If it was like the adverts, I would love it. But it isn't and I don't.
Yeah, and Thunderbirds wasn't a very accurate prediction of the future, either; all those empty motorways :-)

As it turned out: Lady Penelope stuck in traffic on the A13, some Council wallah telling Virgil "you can't park that thing here" and the whole thing called off after a heated discussion with the Health and Safety people.
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

LordLaret

Post by LordLaret »

Sorry for the lack of updates. Lessons will resume on August 8th after my original instructor via Red had to leave due to some family issues. Going to put my Theory back a bit as not feeling 100% confident and my mood has taken a bit of a dip. Sorry about not having anything more to announce but will keep updated.
"My Profile Signatures Were Crap, So I Got Rid Of Them."