Non-League Success Thread 2017/18

Anything sportlike
lasharoo

Re: Non-League Success Thread 2017/18

Post by lasharoo »

subsub wrote:
lasharoo wrote:more and more fans are turning their backs on the ridiculous shenanigans that surrounds modern top flight footy
lasharoo wrote:I thought I would create a safe space for fans of non-league football to congregate, to be amongst friends, to share a self-deprecating joke or two, and to swap tales of what life is really like at the arse end of the footballing pyramid

Thank God. No more posts by Lash about Chelsea – we can but hope :mrgreen:

Why on earth would you think I will never post about Chelsea just because I now go to non league football? I presume never voted for UKIP yet you never bloody stop posting about Nigel Farage!

I will post about Chelsea whenever the hell I like thanks :roll:
'This is all your doing, Lash, no one else'

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Not in the Eurovision threads, Lash. Unless there is a football connection, like when De Gea's girlfriend Edurne represented Spain in 2015. 8)

Extending on my post in the arrars thread. Anyway, disappointed that the town I lived in, in sunny Suffolk have sold naming rights to their ground: http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/lowestoft- ... -1-5069943
Lord Russell Baker, managing director and founder of Amber Dew Events Limited, said: “On behalf of Amber Dew Events Ltd I am personally delighted and extremely excited about entering into a partnership agreement with Lowestoft Town Football Club. The new ground name; ‘The Amber Dew Events Stadium’ presents an exciting opportunity to raise the Amber Dew Events brand in East Anglia and beyond. Lowestoft Town Football Club aim to regain their National league status and the drive and ambition within the club is very evident with all involved. A good run in both the FA Cup and FA Trophy tournaments would provide great exposure to both the football club and Amber Dew Events brands as both national cup tournaments provide additional TV, radio, news editorials and other media coverage.
I know Amber Dew Events as they promote the local arrars events in Partridgeland including the one I went to. Had a great time but views of some paying the VIP price was different. But hey, pay VIP price and get fucked, no one really cares and most admire Mistress Schadenfreude

Anyway, shame on Lowestoft Town for a few £k.* The Amber Dew Events Stadium, FFS. It is a compact and decent non-league ground, see review here: https://www.footballgroundmap.com/revie ... stoft-town often getting near a 1,000 spectators, but it is not really a stadium. One stand only that holds 455:

A covered terrace next to it:

And the rest stand pitchside including behind both goals:

*As per posts before, LTFC were believed to be in financal trouble during and after their stay in Football Conference North/National League North according to my contacts on the ground. Too high wages for their level on not good enough players, some of those wages err, you know the score. Then getting rid when relegated. Maybe, selling the naming rights was necessary to counter this, but all Trawler Boys and occasional fans will know it and love it forever as Crown Meadow. :(
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

subsub

Post by subsub »

lasharoo wrote:Why on earth would you think I will never post about Chelsea just because I now go to non league football?

I don't know what gave me that idea… :-k
lasharoo wrote:Good luck to everyone still following their favourite Premier League "franchise" this season but I'm afraid I can't take the corporatism of it all anymore and I have reached breaking point, Chelsea might as well be a team from Mars as far as I'm concerned, people like me and my pals who grew up worshiping the club and spent all our spare dosh following them are not their target audience anymore, they are chasing the wealthy arab/tiddlywink/whatever foreign country pays the biggest bucks crowd and it turns my stomach......enough.
lasharoo wrote:I have bought a season ticket for my local non league side and hope to re-connect with the game at the lower end, I will miss the piss taking and banter on this thread as it contains the funniest banter anywhere on the net and I will still read it avidly but sadly no longer contribute to it.....cheers boys, have fun.
lasharoo wrote:I just can't take anymore of the PL in its current form, last year we had Leicester giving everyone a biff on the nose and it was massive fun watching them do it but that was an anomaly that won't be repeated for god knows how long if ever, reading the back pages this last couple of weeks and seeing all the stupid numbers being quoted for players that I've never heard of before has made me realise that my heart is just not in it anymore, the PL has mutated into something that I have zero connection with
WOKE AND PROUD

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Carlos J wrote:Not in the Eurovision threads, Lash. Unless there is a football connection, like when De Gea's girlfriend Edurne represented Spain in 2015. 8)

You're on safe ground here CJ, the chances of me posting in the Eurovision thread are pretty slim :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny you should mention Lowestoft Town selling their stadium naming rights, Gander Green Lane is now officially known as The Knights Community Stadium, but they are some sort of trust that sponsors disabled athletes and will be funding our youth academies for the next three years so it's all good in the hood, and I'm sure everyone will still call it GGL, I'm sure the trawler boys will do the same with their ground :)

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

subsub wrote:
lasharoo wrote:Why on earth would you think I will never post about Chelsea just because I now go to non league football?

I don't know what gave me that idea… :-k
lasharoo wrote:Good luck to everyone still following their favourite Premier League "franchise" this season but I'm afraid I can't take the corporatism of it all anymore and I have reached breaking point, Chelsea might as well be a team from Mars as far as I'm concerned, people like me and my pals who grew up worshiping the club and spent all our spare dosh following them are not their target audience anymore, they are chasing the wealthy arab/tiddlywink/whatever foreign country pays the biggest bucks crowd and it turns my stomach......enough.
lasharoo wrote:I have bought a season ticket for my local non league side and hope to re-connect with the game at the lower end, I will miss the piss taking and banter on this thread as it contains the funniest banter anywhere on the net and I will still read it avidly but sadly no longer contribute to it.....cheers boys, have fun.
lasharoo wrote:I just can't take anymore of the PL in its current form, last year we had Leicester giving everyone a biff on the nose and it was massive fun watching them do it but that was an anomaly that won't be repeated for god knows how long if ever, reading the back pages this last couple of weeks and seeing all the stupid numbers being quoted for players that I've never heard of before has made me realise that my heart is just not in it anymore, the PL has mutated into something that I have zero connection with

You didn't highlight the bit where I claimed I would never make a post about Chelsea ever again.............oh yeah, that's right, because I DIDN'T SAY IT........ye gods man, have you nothing better to do than go back into my posts of yesteryear looking for ways to trip me up? Sort your life out Subbo ffs, you're becoming obsessed :roll:

subsub

Post by subsub »

lasharoo wrote:You didn't highlight the bit where I claimed I would never make a post about Chelsea ever again.............oh yeah, that's right, because I DIDN'T SAY IT........ye gods man, have you nothing better to do than go back into my posts of yesteryear looking for ways to trip me up? Sort your life out Subbo ffs, you're becoming obsessed

SUBTEXT: I'VE BEEN OWNED SO I'LL TRY A LITTLE DEFLECTION. AGAIN.

Lash, you truly are the gift that keeps on giving :mrgreen:
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

You are the gift subs, but the problem is, a stalker is not usually a welcome one. :D
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

lasharoo wrote:
Carlos J wrote:Not in the Eurovision threads, Lash. Unless there is a football connection, like when De Gea's girlfriend Edurne represented Spain in 2015. 8)

You're on safe ground here CJ, the chances of me posting in the Eurovision thread are pretty slim :lol: :lol: :lol:

Funny you should mention Lowestoft Town selling their stadium naming rights, Gander Green Lane is now officially known as The Knights Community Stadium, but they are some sort of trust that sponsors disabled athletes and will be funding our youth academies for the next three years so it's all good in the hood, and I'm sure everyone will still call it GGL, I'm sure the trawler boys will do the same with their ground :)

Good man, lash. Not, not posting in the Eurovision thread, you'd love it, and tickets to Lisbon booked. 8) That sponsorship sounds llike how it should be, benefiting the local community. Lowestoft's sound like what it is, desperation to raise funds spunked previously. :(

And as per the 'Sarf London' thread, I am originally a Sutton boy though moved away to Boro early years, so would never claim any affinity, but have liked your reports, and the fame and err shame the club has had in the last year.

I do wish you and Sub would bring back the bantz. :( Hinge and Bracket, yes. nasty and griping, no.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

subsub wrote:
lasharoo wrote:You didn't highlight the bit where I claimed I would never make a post about Chelsea ever again.............oh yeah, that's right, because I DIDN'T SAY IT........ye gods man, have you nothing better to do than go back into my posts of yesteryear looking for ways to trip me up? Sort your life out Subbo ffs, you're becoming obsessed

SUBTEXT: I'VE BEEN OWNED SO I'LL TRY A LITTLE DEFLECTION. AGAIN.

Lash, you truly are the gift that keeps on giving :mrgreen:

If you've nothing meaningful to contribute vis-a-vis grassroots footy may I politely suggest you join your chums over at the PL thread, I'm sure you will have more fun discussing which team has spent the most billions so far....

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Zambo wrote:You are the gift subs, but the problem is, a stalker is not usually a welcome one. :D

:dart:

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Carlos J wrote:
lasharoo wrote:

Good man, lash. Not, not posting in the Eurovision thread, you'd love it, and tickets to Lisbon booked. 8) That sponsorship sounds llike how it should be, benefiting the local community. Lowestoft's sound like what it is, desperation to raise funds spunked previously. :(

And as per the 'Sarf London' thread, I am originally a Sutton boy though moved away to Boro early years, so would never claim any affinity, but have liked your reports, and the fame and err shame the club has had in the last year.

I do wish you and Sub would bring back the bantz. :( Hinge and Bracket, yes. nasty and griping, no.

A Sutton boy? You must come down the Lane one weekend CJ for a forum meet up, give us a shout whenever you are able :)

subsub

Post by subsub »

Zambo wrote:You are the gift subs, but the problem is, a stalker is not usually a welcome one

:lol:
Hardly.
But I do recall the irony of Lash banging on about Sutton and dissing top-flight football, given his endless Chelsea (plastic) flag-waving on the forum up until that point. And lo and behold, when Chelsea won the league again, there he was lording it up. Can't have it both ways…
WOKE AND PROUD

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Oh yeah, was meant to start my week on at work today meaning I would miss Saturdays opener with the O's, phoned in first thing this morning with the standard "I don't feel too good, don't think I will be able to make it in" pathetic raspy voice as if I was at deaths door :wink:

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:You are the gift subs, but the problem is, a stalker is not usually a welcome one

:lol:
Hardly.
But I do recall the irony of Lash banging on about Sutton and dissing top-flight football, given his endless Chelsea (plastic) flag-waving on the forum up until that point. And lo and behold, when Chelsea won the league again, there he was lording it up. Can't have it both ways

Just watch me 8)

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Your both good posters subs, as with others, it seems particularly with old posters back, it would be good time to bury old hatchets. Carlos has had his work cut out of late with mark away I think he deserves a response to making it a user friendlier place to come.

I'm making a big effort here myself as you can see. :D
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On