Non-League Success Thread 2017/18

Anything sportlike
lasharoo

Re: Non-League Success Thread 2017/18

Post by lasharoo »

Jonathan wrote:Cheers Lash. I’m not really sure why a league two team couldn’t have a 3G pitch. It’s hardly like the days of Luton and QPR is it. I fully understand the community bit mate, it’s far more than just having a game on a Saturday afternoon.

I bet you remember like I do the bounce at Luton and QPR mate, the ball used to come down with snow on it after the merest contact with the pitch :lol:

I have had a couple of friendly kickabouts at GGL (I can still find the old onion bag when required, don't worry about that :wink: ) and you honestly wouldn't know the difference between this new fangled 3G stuff and real grass, and anyway Sutton seem to have won all their points away from home this season so it being an advantage for the home team just doesn't wash.
'This is all your doing, Lash, no one else'

Silkman1972

Post by Silkman1972 »

lasharoo wrote:
Silkman1972 wrote:Superb 4-1 away win at Halifax keeps us 6 points clear at the top , with the bottom 2 our next 2 home games I think we might be out of relegation danger . Teams dropping points at the top (sorry Lash mate) makes it a great start to the new year !!

Fantastic win for your lot today Silko, bravo, your boys are on a charge to the promised land......the 90 minutes I watched our lot serve up today was fucking turgid, one of the worst games I have watched in quite a while and no side deserved to win, but their 91st minute equaliser was a sickener......I fear we could plummet at a rate of knots :(

Beginning to dare to dream mate
Oh you mark my words I am a cunt
Vanarama National League Champions 2017/18

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

No game for FC today, Manchester City Council won't let us play at home the same day as City. A baffling planning requirement that still hasn't been changed. Went to Stockport to watch County play Salford (Scholes and Nev G in the away end). Decent game, Salford equalising with the last kick (header to be precise) of the game. Third time I've seen them in a couple of weeks and they really aren't all that special. Over 5,000 there, more than at several FA Cup ties, including Fleetwood v Leicester.

Southport at home tomorrow for us.
There's no poem, just prose.

Silkman1972

Post by Silkman1972 »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:No game for FC today, Manchester City Council won't let us play at home the same day as City. A baffling planning requirement that still hasn't been changed. Went to Stockport to watch County play Salford (Scholes and Nev G in the away end). Decent game, Salford equalising with the last kick (header to be precise) of the game. Third time I've seen them in a couple of weeks and they really aren't all that special. Over 5,000 there, more than at several FA Cup ties, including Fleetwood v Leicester.

Saw Stockport had pulled in a big crowd today compared to our 1700 . We were totally flat today never ever got going but it's another point and 11 games unbeaten. Congratulations on your player manager getting the manager of the month award he seems to be turning things round for you. Hope Gilchrist doesn't come back to haunt you tomorrow

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Silkman1972 wrote:
Holden Mcgroyne wrote:No game for FC today, Manchester City Council won't let us play at home the same day as City. A baffling planning requirement that still hasn't been changed. Went to Stockport to watch County play Salford (Scholes and Nev G in the away end). Decent game, Salford equalising with the last kick (header to be precise) of the game. Third time I've seen them in a couple of weeks and they really aren't all that special. Over 5,000 there, more than at several FA Cup ties, including Fleetwood v Leicester.

Saw Stockport had pulled in a big crowd today compared to our 1700 . We were totally flat today never ever got going but it's another point and 11 games unbeaten. Congratulations on your player manager getting the manager of the month award he seems to be turning things round for you. Hope Gilchrist doesn't come back to haunt you tomorrow

Cheers Silkman. Rumours are that we get £1,000 for every goal Gilchrist scores and plans were afoot to pick our back 5 from blokes drinking in the stands at 2.30pm and take the 21-0 defeat (Gilchrist 19, OG's 2) on the chin. Sensibly and sadly, there's a clause exempting our game.
There's no poem, just prose.

Silkman1972

Post by Silkman1972 »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:
Silkman1972 wrote:

Cheers Silkman. Rumours are that we get £1,000 for every goal Gilchrist scores and plans were afoot to pick our back 5 from blokes drinking in the stands at 2.30pm and take the 21-0 defeat (Gilchrist 19, OG's 2) on the chin. Sensibly and sadly, there's a clause exempting our game.

:lol:

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:
Silkman1972 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Silkman1972

Post by Silkman1972 »

Any more developments on "kit man gate" Lasho ??

finchman

Post by finchman »

Silko, your men let me down on the fixed odds yesterday,Solihull Moors ffs.....what happened?
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Silkman1972 wrote:Any more developments on "kit man gate" Lasho ??

I haven't heard anything Silko, as far as I know no further action will be taken, probably for the best mate as these things happen in the heat of the moment, I'm sure the Maccy fans never meant any serious harm to the guy.

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

finchman wrote:Silko, your men let me down on the fixed odds yesterday,Solihull Moors ffs.....what happened?

Finchy your mob have turned into our feeder club, we have loaned Terell Thomas and goalie Owen Evans from you :mrgreen:

Silkman1972

Post by Silkman1972 »

finchman wrote:Silko, your men let me down on the fixed odds yesterday,Solihull Moors ffs.....what happened?

Me too as well , cost me £217 totally flat mate , lucky to get a draw in all honesty. Shocked you took the points at Gateshead , still interesting pal :wink:

Silkman1972

Post by Silkman1972 »

lasharoo wrote:

I haven't heard anything Silko, as far as I know no further action will be taken, probably for the best mate as these things happen in the heat of the moment, I'm sure the Maccy fans never meant any serious harm to the guy.

Doswell was dishing out the homophobic insults , but I'm not a snowflake so all fair as far as I'm concerned

lasharoo

Post by lasharoo »

Silkman1972 wrote:
lasharoo wrote:

Doswell was dishing out the homophobic insults , but I'm not a snowflake so all fair as far as I'm concerned

What did he say Silko?

Silkman1972

Post by Silkman1972 »

Called me out for having a "homosexual jacket " on Christ knows where he got that from , like I say I gave him loads and he fired back , I'm not offended in the slightest mate