Best Supermarket To Shop In?

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
Reg

Re: Best Supermarket To Shop In?

Post by Reg »

minx wrote:I shopped in harrods on those occasions

Roy IN!!

VeritasVincit

Post by VeritasVincit »

A friend of my mother, on her one and only visit to Harrods, bought a small tin of tea. She asked the sales assistant to put it into a Harrods carrier bag. Such a bag would carry extreme prestige in her provincial backwater.
The assistant told her that they didn’t provide the carrier bags for such small purchases.
A senior ‘floorwalker?’ heard the exchange and came over.
“If madam wants a bag, she shall have a bag”.
Class!

Basualdo
Winner - POTY 2011!!!!

Post by Basualdo »

VeritasVincit wrote:A friend of my mother, on her one and only visit to Harrods, bought a small tin of tea. She asked the sales assistant to put it into a Harrods carrier bag. Such a bag would carry extreme prestige in her provincial backwater.
The assistant told her that they didn’t provide the carrier bags for such small purchases.
A senior ‘floorwalker?’ heard the exchange and came over.
“If madam wants a bag, she shall have a bag”.
Class!
Way back in the 70s and 80s their linen Harrods bags used to be made in a mill in Sandy Row in Belfast. An old drunk called Jimmy Greer worked there and would half inch a lot of them and bring them down to the bar to sell for 50p each at Christmas. The ideal gift for your ma. The result was most of the oul dolls from Whitehill estate swanning round the town centre with expensive looking dark green plastic coated linen Harrods bags full of fishfingers, tatey bread and C&C brown lemonade and the like.
Proud Gammon

RIP Neil Peart 1952-2020.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Mate of mine works in an investment bank in the city and had a Japanese intern join. She said one day that she had to go to Harrods to buy some milk. He spluttered with a huge belly laugh "why the fuck are you going to Harrods for milk when you can get one from the Tesco Express round the corner from here?" She looked at him quizzically and with a certain amount of consternation. Must be a Japanese thing where they like high end British goods from prestigious grocery establishments. He then told her not to bother going to Fortnum and Mason to get some raspberry jam and a bit of cheese. The cheeky cunt.

minx

Post by minx »

Reg wrote:
minx wrote:I shopped in harrods on those occasions

I bought mugs :)

And we'll die in the class we were born; that's a class of our own, my love
"to be revered" ..anon..