Confederations Cup 2017

Anything sportlike
kevin04

Re: Confederations Cup 2017

Post by kevin04 »

Russia don't look very good going by that performance.

Trying to pass it in to the net, although a skillful side and lots of decent build up play. Maybe just pacing themselves though, Smolov was offside about 10 times as well as Kerzhakov used to be all the time - time to change the system. We'll find out on Wed against Portugal, if Russia are any use.

NZ did alright and dug in. The keeper had a good game and good wee Michael McGlinchey ex Celtic and Scotland u21s playing for them. He was born in NZ to Scottish parents and grew up in Glasgow ; but opted to play for the All Whites when he was 25.

Disappointing Tahiti or another OFC country is not there though.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

The End

Post by The End »

I'll post up some photos later. Crap game but smashing occasion.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

What's Sochi going to be like as a location for this tournament and the WCF next year, End-o?

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

The End wrote:I'll post up some photos later. Crap game but smashing occasion.

Excellent stuff.

The cameraman certainly knew who to pan in on. Lots, and lots and LOTS of amazing looking women. :)

The big striker Smolov(sp) looked hopeless, he was caught offside about 10 times at least. It's all fine having tatts and funky hair ; but you need to back that up. What's happened to Kerzhakov? I think he's about 34 now ; but always quite liked him.

Same with Dzagoev?

The team look good though, but lazy. Lots of nice link up play and man for man they were 10x the NZ lot ; but like they couldn't give a fuck or were trying too hard to score the perfect goal.

P.S Do you have a Russian team, End-o?

P.P.S Apologies for all the questions??!!

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Surprised to see Zhirkov playing today and hard to believe it must be about six odd years since he played for Chelsea. Not at all impressed by the Russians these days and the thing about them is that all the players that started today play in the Russian Federation which can't be all that good for the quality of their sides. Always good to have some players playing in the Prem, Germany or France.

The End

Post by The End »

kancutlawns wrote:What's Sochi going to be like as a location for this tournament and the WCF next year, End-o?

It's a curious one. Sochi doesn't have a football team, though it is a sporting city.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

The End

Post by The End »

kevin04 wrote:The cameraman certainly knew who to pan in on. Lots, and lots and LOTS of amazing looking women. :)
Christ, you're telling me??? I was with the missus, and it was very tricky.....
kevin04 wrote:The big striker Smolov(sp) looked hopeless, he was caught offside about 10 times at least. It's all fine having tatts and funky hair ; but you need to back that up. What's happened to Kerzhakov? I think he's about 34 now ; but always quite liked him. Same with Dzagoev?
Smolov runs hot and cold. He's really blossomed over the past two years after being a big unfulfilled talent.
Kerzhakov is solid enough, but I'd prefer Dzyuba up front - bit of a monster.
Dzagoev is always injured but on his day is easily Russia's best player. He's not in this squad.
kevin04 wrote:P.S Do you have a Russian team, End-o?
When I was in Moscow I chose Spartak simply because they had an Irishman (McGeady) playing for them, but my support wasn't with any great strength. Now that I'm in St Petersburg, I'll see if I get drawn to Zenit - much more chance of this because they have a cool name and a nice strip and Danny is my favourite player in the league and their sparkly new stadium is 15 minutes walk from my flat.

Now for some photos...

The End

Post by The End »

Opening ceremony:

Warm-up:

Teams come out:

Vlad:

Match action:

Lady helper on stilts:

Post-match departure over the new bridge:

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Top stuff, End. :smt023
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Yup, excellent pics.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Excellent pics, End-o! :) :D

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Always get the feeling that the national side never lives up the immense national anthem.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Is Ronnie playing this afternoon?

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Carlos J wrote:Was coming. Floodgates and other clichés are available.

Enjoy, End.

However did like NZ in SA2010. Three draws, no defeats and some interesting games. Held Italy. But always love Winston Reid late v Slovakia. I still think Winston Smith from '1984', but hey: :?

Was given two tickets for the Norn Iron v New Zealand couple weeks ago in Belfast. Boring game as end of season friendly. But in the second half NZ played some decent football. Keep the ball down on the ground. Hit the post and had an offside goal.

Keeper looked dodgy to me though.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Ezekiel 25:17

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

NZ look like they have a better side on paper than Australia do.

Watched Australia v Germany B yesterday and the Aussies who weren't that great but at least gave it a go. Germany could have been about 4-0 by thirty minutes.