The Championship 2017/18

Anything sportlike
JW90

Re: The Championship 2017/18

Post by JW90 »

Zippy wrote:I'd just like a manager now.

Didn't want Monk to leave but he has and I'd like to think we can bring in better.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40287680

Thoughts?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

H was on with big Al earlier. Caught bits but he likes old JT. :)
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

JW90 wrote:
Zippy wrote:I'd just like a manager now.

Didn't want Monk to leave but he has and I'd like to think we can bring in better.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40287680

Thoughts?

Left field appointment but he apparently got the job over more seasoned candidates. Some Euro journalists seem to think he could be the next big thing, like a Wagner or a Marco Silva. Hope so.
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Agreed. It would be like driving a Ferrari one day and then behind the wheel of a beat up Skoda the next.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Jonathan wrote:

Agreed. It would be like driving a Ferrari one day and then behind the wheel of a beat up Skoda the next.

It's not really anything to do with that, I don't want the cunt at the club I support. In any case if we wanted a 36 year old carthorse we could have purchased one off the local gypos and saved ourselves nearly £100k per week, all we would need is a bale of hay once in a while.

Harry's ambitions are very much misdirected. He seems to want to fill up the squad with players nearly as old as him
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Zambo wrote:
Jonathan wrote:

It's not really anything to do with that, I don't want the cunt at the club I support. In any case if we wanted a 36 year old carthorse we could have purchased one off the local gypos and saved ourselves nearly £100k per week, all we would need is a bale of hay once in a while.

Harry's ambitions are very much misdirected. He seems to want to fill up the squad with players nearly as old as him
Oh it very much is from his point of view. Birmingham is a dump of a ground and the training facilities are probably bearable at best. You just can't compare to what he is used to.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Zambo wrote:

Are you surprised?

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Fair fucking does to Derek McInnes on staying with the Dons.

He's done a great job and time for the Aberdeen board to give him some cash to keep some of the players at the club.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Comes across as a focused guy and a gent. Sounds like he beat out bigger names to the job. It's nice to have an owner finally who is planning for the long-term while investing in the team and the club off the field.

Jury is out due to Christiansen's low profile (I had to Google him) but I hope he can do the business and finish above Garry Monk.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

"Cunt" - sjbarca

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

For carc, new NCFC kit with LeoVegas. Looks fine, prefer yellow socks though:

Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Britt Assombalonga now a Middlesbrough player! £15m.

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

Here is Assombalonga in action, scores loads of types of goals. Quite exciting for a Boro fan.

ovechkin8

Post by ovechkin8 »

ccreds wrote:Britt Assombalonga now a Middlesbrough player! £15m.

Thought he might come home but money talked as it usually does. I like the look of Osborn as well along with Worrall. Thought Silva might have been interested. Shame to see the Forest struggling at the wrong end of the table. Hopefully promotion beckons this season albeit unlikely.

Don't like the link up between parasite Mendes and Wolverhampton Wanderers. Seems to be lining his own nest by moving his 'own' stable of players there.
'I much prefer the sharpest criticism of a single intelligent man to the thoughtless approval of the masses.' Johannes Kepler

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

ovechkin8 wrote:
ccreds wrote:Britt Assombalonga now a Middlesbrough player! £15m.

Thought he might come home but money talked as it usually does. I like the look of Osborn as well along with Worrall. Thought Silva might have been interested. Shame to see the Forest struggling at the wrong end of the table. Hopefully promotion beckons this season albeit unlikely.

Don't like the link up between parasite Mendes and Wolverhampton Wanderers. Seems to be lining his own nest by moving his 'own' stable of players there.

Brereton is another one of the young ones and Matty Cash. Assomabalonga he's one of those strikers who excites from a supporter perspective, the potential for goals..£15m don't know if its a good price or not. Welcome back Ovech lad!