He/She/They got away with it..........

In-depth debate on all topical issues
delboy1983

Re: He/She/They got away with it..........

Post by delboy1983 »

kancutlawns wrote:That bloke who drove a recycling truck into the crowd of Christmas shoppers in Glasgow a couple of years or so back and all those twats who have racked up dozens of driving penalty points yet haven't been banned.
He was rightly banned from driving but was arrested behind the wheel of his car last week.
Will do time now for this.
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

finchman

Post by finchman »

David Walliams
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

finchman

Post by finchman »

Rossco wrote:David Haye, Sky and the money they just made.

Bum fights are the future. Never scared to take a dig or two.

Lets get something arranged. Promote it.... Promote it good. Say you will rip my head off and all that.
Joe Bugner was the king of bum fights 30 years ago,
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

caveman

Post by caveman »

delboy1983 wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:That bloke who drove a recycling truck into the crowd of Christmas shoppers in Glasgow a couple of years or so back and all those twats who have racked up dozens of driving penalty points yet haven't been banned.
He was rightly banned from driving but was arrested behind the wheel of his car last week.
Will do time now for this.
This is the wrong information

It is worse than that.

Most people could not face driving for a long time if they caused an accident like that He thought fuck it, forget my medical condition that just resulted in several deaths. And forget being told I am not to drive.

It was only a few months after he caused the accident that he was caught driving while banned. The case only came to court a couple of weeks ago.

mark
Forum Admin

Post by mark »

paolo wrote:
Desolation wrote:
paolo wrote:
Desolation wrote:The bloke who fell asleep and didn't shut the bow doors on the Herald of Free Enterprise.
i remember that breaking, could have been a sunday night with news flash during that's life....curiouis now, prolly wrong
I remember going to a pub called The Spanniards Inn in the evening in a friends boat making gallows humour jokes about sinking.
I'm completely wrong it was a Friday
The disaster was subject to a formal inquiry which identified culpability all the way up the organisation from the assistant boatswain Mark Stanley to the most senior corporate officers. The formal enquiry report is here - https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... SA1894.pdf
In the formal inquiry that followed, blame was placed on assistant boatswain Mark Stanley for not closing the bow doors. First officer Leslie Sabel was also blamed for not making sure they were closed while the captain David Lewry was criticised for leaving port without checking the doors had been shut.
Mr Stanley, who died last year, had fallen asleep in his cabin, only to wake when he was flung from his bunk as the ship listed.
He always admitted his part in the tragedy and expressed great remorse. The official inquiry found he had acted with courage helping people when disaster struck.

The ship's owner Townsend Thoresen was criticised for its "staggering complacency".
The disaster was subject to a charge of corporate manslaughter which failed as " the various acts of negligence could not be attributed to any individual who was a "controlling mind". http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/your ... cases.html