Fans who change clubs

Anything sportlike
Fug1

Re: Fans who change clubs

Post by Fug1 »

I'm Albion, but have no problem whatsoever going to St Andrews and cheering on Birmingham City, been loads of times with mates of Albion and Blues.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Fug1 wrote:I'm Albion, but have no problem whatsoever going to St Andrews and cheering on Birmingham City, been loads of times with mates of Albion and Blues.
Watched the Baggies when my Dad started taking me to the Hawthorns in 1977. Was lucky enough to watch their most successful side in my lifetime. Had a number of classmates who supported them too so went with them as my Dad didn't really have any interest. Started watching Villa in 1985 and largely did so because I loved Villa Park and the huge Holte. Watched the two interchangeably up until 1991 by which time I had had a gutful of West Brom being utterly shit and around the old third division and this coincided with Big Ron coming to the Villa so dropped up watching the Baggies and getting a season ticket at VP.

Still have a soft spot for West Brom but get pelters from my mates thinking I'm a glory hunter, FFS.

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

kancutlawns wrote:
Fug1 wrote:I'm Albion, but have no problem whatsoever going to St Andrews and cheering on Birmingham City, been loads of times with mates of Albion and Blues.
Watched the Baggies when my Dad started taking me to the Hawthorns in 1977. Was lucky enough to watch their most successful side in my lifetime. Had a number of classmates who supported them too so went with them as my Dad didn't really have any interest. Started watching Villa in 1985 and largely did so because I loved Villa Park and the huge Holte. Watched the two interchangeably up until 1991 by which time I had had a gutful of West Brom being utterly shit and around the old third division and this coincided with Big Ron coming to the Villa so dropped up watching the Baggies and getting a season ticket at VP.

Still have a soft spot for West Brom but get pelters from my mates thinking I'm a glory hunter, FFS.
The words Glory hunter and West Brom don't trip off the tongue Lawnsy!!

The End

Post by The End »

I've given up supporting Newcastle so many times...never lasts more than a couple of days. I wish I could ditch them forever - it brings nothing but misery interspersed with brief good days. Even right now, with us top of the Championship and cruising to promotion, I'm still not all that happy.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

dagbladet

Post by dagbladet »

delboy1983 wrote:I am going to watch my local junior team Bonnyrigg Rose take on the cup holders Hibs at neutral Tynecastle [Hearts FC]in the 4th round of the Scottish FA Cup.
I was at previous ties Cove Rangers[Highland League]and both games against Dumbarton who are in the Championship division.
I have been ever present home and away since October.
We have sold our allocation of 3000 and another 2000 were added and have been snapped up as well.
This is a 1/3 of the population of our town.
Not expecting a shock but with 10am start into Edinburgh promises to be a cracking day.
I played a few games for this team in the early seventies,fell out with them but I'M BACK GLORY HUNTING AGAIN :!:
I sat in the pub on Saturday watching the goals coming in on sky. Obviously with Hibs running amok the name Bonnyrigg Rose made frequent appearances in the goals bar down the bottom. Each time hibs scored (8?) this bellend at the bar would scream out to anyone who would listen (nobody) "eh? eh? Bonnyrigg rose?, eh? Bonnyrigg Rose? Och aye the noo! eh? Did you see that? Bonnyrigg Rose! eh? Must be some sort of jock thing eh? Haggis! Bonnyrigg facking Rose".

Nobody was listening. I was willing Hibs to stop scoring as this knob was obviously jammed in some kind of fucktard endless loop.

Lychees

Post by Lychees »

As a 6 year old I briefly supported Liverpool on the day of the FA Cup final back in 1977...perhaps due to the fact that alot of my friends were supporting Liverpool...the recieving end of my dads slipper just before the cup final made sure i followed Manchester United from that day onwards.

caledonian1

Post by caledonian1 »

kevin04 wrote:I know a couple of folk who have stopped supporting Celtic. One is now a Dundee Utd fan, the other goes to see his local non-league junior team, and the other supports Partick Thistle. All three were tired of the politics, lack of atmosphere at SPL games, cost, and bigotry involved with the club.

Strangely I know a guy who's cousin - who is English - went from supporting Leeds Utd right up to 2003 and watched that Valencia CL semi-final in a Leeds Utd top and he was about 20/21 at that time to now a full-blown Man Utd fan. Odd stuff!

A pal of mine switched from Rangers to Dundee utd when he was in his twenties......he too was fed up with the bigotry and aresholes who supported rangers. Little did he know at that time that Rangers would cease to exist in 2012 so he was well ahead of the curve. I believe a lot of "huns" switched from Rangers FC to The Rangers at the same time

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

dagbladet wrote:
delboy1983 wrote:I am going to watch my local junior team Bonnyrigg Rose take on the cup holders Hibs at neutral Tynecastle [Hearts FC]in the 4th round of the Scottish FA Cup.
I was at previous ties Cove Rangers[Highland League]and both games against Dumbarton who are in the Championship division.
I have been ever present home and away since October.
We have sold our allocation of 3000 and another 2000 were added and have been snapped up as well.
This is a 1/3 of the population of our town.
Not expecting a shock but with 10am start into Edinburgh promises to be a cracking day.
I played a few games for this team in the early seventies,fell out with them but I'M BACK GLORY HUNTING AGAIN :!:
I sat in the pub on Saturday watching the goals coming in on sky. Obviously with Hibs running amok the name Bonnyrigg Rose made frequent appearances in the goals bar down the bottom. Each time hibs scored (8?) this bellend at the bar would scream out to anyone who would listen (nobody) "eh? eh? Bonnyrigg rose?, eh? Bonnyrigg Rose? Och aye the noo! eh? Did you see that? Bonnyrigg Rose! eh? Must be some sort of jock thing eh? Haggis! Bonnyrigg facking Rose".

Nobody was listening. I was willing Hibs to stop scoring as this knob was obviously jammed in some kind of fucktard endless loop.
Ah it was still a great day with a 13.000 sell out. Keeper threw the first one in and it went down hill from there.
Hibs will be a premier league team next season and it showed.
Ross County[premier] took six off Dundee UTD[championship] and that put our result in perspective.
Not all bad though the game will ensure the club's financial future for many years, not bad considering they were near folding seven years ago
Any way we all got well drunk thinking about a cup we can win .We play Kilsyth Rangers away in the fourth round of the Scottish Junior Cup next week.
Manager has got to earn his corn getting the team up for it after that defeat
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

black_guardian wrote:A lot of Asians do it...Get a new club each season but have upped the ante by changing clubs in different countries. Sign of the times...

Celebs are notorious for doing this..

David Mellor, Zoe Ball, Tim Lovejoy...

Fulham to Chelsea... Liverpool to Man Utd.... Watford to Chelsea

:roll:
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

Steve Hunt
Winner POTY - 2010 !!!!

Post by Steve Hunt »

You cannot change clubs.

Anyone who does is a CUNT (© finchy).

Lychees

Post by Lychees »

Supported Manchester United since 1977 but also followed Dundee Utd since early 1980s due to my mother originating from the city and falling in love with those tangerine shirts.