Fans who change clubs

Anything sportlike
JW90

Fans who change clubs

Post by JW90 »

Do you know anyone who has done it? Have you done it?

I don't understand how you can. I can understand people not going to their club through crap football, pricing, other commitments etc but not changing the club completely. Don't you invest too much physically by going to games, listening to radios, watching live TV games, and emotionally through the ups and downs as well to not be able to switch off it and find another club to do it with?

It must be so hard to replicate the same things with a new club.

Bad Blue 2000

Re: Fans who change clubs

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

There are no glory hunters on here.
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Can't say I know anyone who has changed clubs, but know plenty who have selected successful clubs to support without having any connection with that club whatsoever.

Have to admit to changing clubs myself though. When I was about 8 my grandad who played for the Villa but lived in the Black Country and supported Wolves, bought me a pair of old gold and black socks, so I supported Wolves for a couple of years before my dad started to take me down the Blues.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

I've supported many clubs over the years but mainly as a young lad. But always alongside Villa

Leeds & Newcastle when I was about ten. Albion as more of my mates are Albion fans than are Villa fans, Spurs when I worked in London, Man Utd (only under Fergie for his sheer managerial qualities), Lisburn Distillery as they deserved it being tonked 10-0 week after week a few years back.

It's not healthy only having eyes for your own team when in general you like football. You do have to give credit to others.

- Always like the Wolves to do well too.

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

A lot of Asians do it...Get a new club each season but have upped the ante by changing clubs in different countries. Sign of the times...

Celebs are notorious for doing this..

David Mellor, Zoe Ball, Tim Lovejoy...
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

ccreds

Post by ccreds »

zambo wrote: say I know anyone who has changed clubs, but know plenty who have selected successful clubs to support without having any connection with that club whatsoever.

Have to admit to changing clubs myself though. When I was about 8 my grandad who played for the Villa but lived in the Black Country and supported Wolves, bought me a pair of old gold and black socks, so I supported Wolves for a couple of years before my dad started to take me down the Blues.
m4rkb wrote:I've supported many clubs over the years but mainly as a young lad. But always alongside Villa

Leeds & Newcastle when I was about ten. Albion as more of my mates are Albion fans than are Villa fans, Spurs when I worked in London, Man Utd (only under Fergie for his sheer managerial qualities), Lisburn Distillery as they deserved it being tonked 10-0 week after week a few years back.

It's not healthy only having eyes for your own team when in general you like football. You do have to give credit to others.

- Always like the Wolves to do well too.
Always thought Wolves fans are yobs.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

I supported Liverpool until I was seven. There, I've said it. Then I realised I lived in Norwich and my grandfather took me to reserve games. Then I supported Norwich. Now Delia Smith has fucking taken a big fucking shit on our club and destroy... sorry, I have to... f..g...g..fs..f..ges. go, n...my....s...si... is...twfsds,,,, i s X....srheishdg.............
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

pugsly

Post by pugsly »

Tim [ cunt chops ] Lovejoy, Watford switched to Chelsea.
Terry [ thrush ] Christian, Man City switched to Utd,

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

I know a couple of folk who have stopped supporting Celtic. One is now a Dundee Utd fan, the other goes to see his local non-league junior team, and the other supports Partick Thistle. All three were tired of the politics, lack of atmosphere at SPL games, cost, and bigotry involved with the club.

Strangely I know a guy who's cousin - who is English - went from supporting Leeds Utd right up to 2003 and watched that Valencia CL semi-final in a Leeds Utd top and he was about 20/21 at that time to now a full-blown Man Utd fan. Odd stuff!
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

finchman

Post by finchman »

The DW stadium had loads of ex Everton and Liverpool fans during our PL years supporting us.They fucked off sharpish back to their armchairs once we got relegated.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

I'm sure Sinbad might mention someone soon. :)

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

I am going to watch my local junior team Bonnyrigg Rose take on the cup holders Hibs at neutral Tynecastle [Hearts FC]in the 4th round of the Scottish FA Cup.
I was at previous ties Cove Rangers[Highland League]and both games against Dumbarton who are in the Championship division.
I have been ever present home and away since October.
We have sold our allocation of 3000 and another 2000 were added and have been snapped up as well.
This is a 1/3 of the population of our town.
Not expecting a shock but with 10am start into Edinburgh promises to be a cracking day.
I played a few games for this team in the early seventies,fell out with them but I'M BACK GLORY HUNTING AGAIN :!:
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Reg

Post by Reg »

pugsly wrote:Tim [ cunt chops ] Lovejoy, Watford switched to Chelsea.
Terry [ thrush ] Christian, Man City switched to Utd,
Sadly, I don't think the Lovejoy thing is true. There's a picture of him in Chelsea kit as a kid. His uncle took him to watch Watford when he was small, because they lived there.

Never heard that about Terry Christian - thought he was a lifelong red. :shock:
Roy IN!!

finchman

Post by finchman »

Reg wrote:
Never heard that about Terry Christian - thought he was a lifelong cunt. :shock:
He is.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Bad Blue 2000

Post by Bad Blue 2000 »

finchman wrote:
Reg wrote:
Never heard that about Terry Christian - thought he was a lifelong cunt. :shock:
He is.
He propagates the myth fans in Manc would visit both grounds in the 70's. He's full of shit, like most rags.
I HEAR YOU KNOCKIN', BUT YOU CAN'T COME IN...