Putin

In-depth debate on all topical issues
The Tick

Re: Putin

Post by The Tick »

Putin saw the western meddling in Syria for what it was, a disaster on all fronts.

He's established Russia as a key negotiator in Middle East affairs, while Europe and the USA whine at each other about what to do to him. The bickering over supposed interference in the 2016 election is sour grapes by the losing side.

And even if true, the USA are a rich one to complain about foreign powers interfering in their domestic affairs. Anyone remember the 2009 coup in Honduras? Or the invasions of Grenada, Panama, Haiti? The USA preaches democracy and freedom abroad but acts on a very different basis.

If anything Putin's the man of 2016, not Drumpf.

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Hillman avenger wrote:Nobody is in love with Islam.

And I don't need education from you about Syria. Or for that matter, anything else.
Seeing as how its been conclusively proved so called moderate anti Assad forces are the ones who used the chemical weapons I think you do!
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Where on earth do you get these ideas?

The UN investigated the use of sarin and identified it had come from Syrian army sources. Obama said they had "crossed the red line" and Russia told them to stop.

They didn't. They subsequently launched a series of chemical attacks, one of which killed 1400 civilians. The US was ready to destroy their chemical weapons stores but after we voted against action in Syria Congress followed.

Apart from that of course you are right.

I don't know where you and paolo get your information but you should get your money back. Someone is taking the piss.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

paolo

Post by paolo »

Hillman avenger wrote:Where on earth do you get these ideas?

The UN investigated the use of sarin and identified it had come from Syrian army sources. Obama said they had "crossed the red line" and Russia told them to stop.

They didn't. They subsequently launched a series of chemical attacks, one of which killed 1400 civilians. The US was ready to destroy their chemical weapons stores but after we voted against action in Syria Congress followed.

Apart from that of course you are right.

I don't know where you and paolo get your information but you should get your money back. Someone is taking the piss.
not sure you're quite right there, myhillman
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Putin will be deposed in 2018.

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

m4 colin wrote:

And I don't need education from you about Syria. Or for that matter, anything else.
Seeing as how its been conclusively proved so called moderate anti Assad forces are the ones who used the chemical weapons I think you do!
It's been conclusively proved that (Putin backed) Assad used chemical weapons. So why such slavish support for him & Putin from some on the right?

Seems if you support a load of fascist nutters you can do no wrong as far as the 'alt right' are concerned. Butchering your own people & murdering dissidents not a problem. The 'alt right' is a moral vacumn.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Ralph wrote:
m4 colin wrote:

It's been conclusively proved that (Putin backed) Assad used chemical weapons. So why such slavish support for him & Putin from some on the right?

Seems if you support a load of fascist nutters you can do no wrong as far as the 'alt right' are concerned. Butchering your own people & murdering dissidents not a problem. The 'alt right' is a moral vacumn.
the chemical weapons accusations against Assad aren't that different to those used against saddam.

Just a ruse to justify intervention, regime change. Which will lead to the same chaos as Iraq and Libya. It's all crocodile tears. Otherwise where's the international drive to stop israels use of chemicals against the Palestinians.

It's all double standards and hollow bleating on the west'a part.

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

The Tick wrote:
Ralph wrote:
m4 colin wrote:

the chemical weapons accusations against Assad aren't that different to those used against saddam.

Just a ruse to justify intervention, regime change. Which will lead to the same chaos as Iraq and Libya. It's all crocodile tears. Otherwise where's the international drive to stop israels use of chemicals against the Palestinians.

West'a :roll:
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

paolo

Post by paolo »

Ralph wrote:
m4 colin wrote:

it hasn't been proved at all
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

Thought Assad has invited the Russians to help, nobody in power has invited NATO.

Syria = None of our business, let them get on with it, whoever wins, wins.

Terrible that people are being killed, that's on their conscious not mine.

Let's face it when we 'help' countries they end up double fucked.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

paolo wrote:
Ralph wrote:
m4 colin wrote:

it hasn't been proved at all
It has the real world.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

The Tick wrote:
Ralph wrote:
m4 colin wrote:

Saddam Hussien did use chemical weapons on his own people. When you say it was 'ruse' it sounds like you think he didn't. :?

You can criticise 'the wests' foreign policies & double standards whilst also realising that Putin is an authoritarian despot. In fact if you're going to criticise 'the west' it's a completely bizarre to then turn a blind eye to Putin's atrocities.

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

Ralph wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Ralph wrote:
m4 colin wrote:

Saddam Hussien did use chemical weapons on his own people. When you say it was 'rouse' it sounds like you think he didn't. :?

You can criticise 'the wests' foreign policies & double standards whilst also realising that Putin is an authoritarian despot. In fact if you're going to criticise 'the west' it's a completely bizarre to then turn a blind eye to Putin's atrocities.
I recall him using them against the Kurds in the North of the Country, before the 1st gulf war.

As far as I'm aware there has never been a Kurdistan apart from the area named than in Iran.
Seems to me that are the ones wanting stuff that doesn't belong to them.

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

Fug1 wrote:
Ralph wrote:
The Tick wrote:
Ralph wrote:
m4 colin wrote:

Saddam Hussien did use chemical weapons on his own people. When you say it was 'rouse' it sounds like you think he didn't. :?

I recall him using them against the Kurds in the North of the Country, before the 1st gulf war.

As far as I'm aware there has never been a Kurdistan apart from the area named than in Iran.
Seems to me that are the ones wanting stuff that doesn't belong to them.
And the super gun into it as well.
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"