Is Geoff Peters a ****??!!

Talksport - the main station discussion place
Lou Grant

Re: Is Geoff Peters a ****??!!

Post by Lou Grant »

If Leicester get relegated, does that mean you can do 'Up the League' again? :)
Come for the rampant misogyny, stay for the tedious bitching

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

Great show MrGP. =D>
You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

The Arsenal guy was good
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

mrGP
VERIFIED USER

Post by mrGP »

Roddy wrote:Great show MrGP. =D>
Them compliments off of people off of this forum in regards of my job.... ta very much!

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Carlos J wrote:But a great interview with John Kreger, Geoff. About footbal and the Superbowl. Everything the graveyard shows do so much better than their tabloid daytime chums.
Agreed. Even Big Bad Bob does a decent show. Although that Elliott Spiteri car slot :(
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

The End

Post by The End »

Zippy wrote:
Carlos J wrote:But a great interview with John Kreger, Geoff. About footbal and the Superbowl. Everything the graveyard shows do so much better than their tabloid daytime chums.
Agreed. Even Big Bad Bob does a decent show. Although that Elliott Spiteri car slot :(
It's strange, isn't it? TS have a belief that people awake in the middle of the night are the most likely candidates for listening to 'normal' sports broadcasting (Peters, Ballard, Hargreaves) but at most other times everyone is too thick or alcoholic to handle such output and must make do with drunks talking shit, manchildren living in the 80s, liars, hyperbolists, and brain donors. The number of utterly unlistenable shows and presenters just keeps on growing...

Unlistenable shows: The Sports Bar, Drive, The Sporss Brehfast (for anything more than 15 minutes of 'did he say that?' radio), The Two Mikes (see 'The Sporss Brehfast').

Unlistenable presenters: Andy Goldstein, Adrian Durham, Alan Brazil (as above), Darren Gough, Mick Quinn, Mike Parry (as above). Even the occasional co-presenters are now complete shite - Ray Parlour, Gareth A Davies etc.

Also agree with the car slot. But then those things are always Marmite.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Old Dennis Taylor telling tales of his win v Stevie Davis and fued with Higggins again. :roll:

They really don't give you the greatest build up, Geoff. Even Nigel gets big Bob Ballard as a lead in. But hey, this is a not MSL repeat thread, Nor will I do anything Sonic noted. Just another shoehorn for Spacemen 3 and related and you should have listened to them. Looks a cunt, of its time, still grim but musically not a cunt. :)
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

mrGP
VERIFIED USER

Post by mrGP »

I don't think I'd heard the Dennis Taylor MSL before. Genuinely.

No MSL this Friday by the way as the 2 Mikes are covering Jim White (who's doing breakfast) so I'll be on 1-6

Not here Thursday morning as I'm going to Seville to watch LCFC so Russ H is on.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

I fear for Leicester in Seville. Never an easy place to go when you are playing well. :!:
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Ha. :) Maybe I've heard too many MSLs. Good old Russ on Thursday back with his old mates no doubt, great mates etc. As said to dear JW90 on another thread, was living in Nottm when Leicester played Atlético Madrid in the UEFA Cup. 'East Midlands Today' full of how many buses making the journey, was it 28 or something? Enjoy Sevilla, Geoff.

And I do hope they and Uncle Claudio get a result. :smt023
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

mrGP
VERIFIED USER

Post by mrGP »

delboy1983 wrote:I fear for Leicester in Seville. Never an easy place to go when you are playing well. :!:
I fear too! Regardless of the result we'll enjoy the trip and a few beers. Que sera sera and all that...

The End

Post by The End »

Carlos J wrote:Old Dennis Taylor telling tales of his win v Stevie Davis and fued with Higggins again. :roll:

They really don't give you the greatest build up, Geoff. Even Nigel gets big Bob Ballard as a lead in. But hey, this is a not MSL repeat thread, Nor will I do anything Sonic noted. Just another shoehorn for Spacemen 3 and related and you should have listened to them. Looks a cunt, of its time, still grim but musically not a cunt. :)
I couldn't believe this was on again. I swear I've heard it four times since the turn of the year, not to mention the clip of Dennis describing the final black - 'he OVERcompensated' - about fifty times in total.

My prediction for tomorrow: Back to Pat Cash.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

delboy1983 wrote:I fear for Leicester in Seville. Never an easy place to go when you are playing well. :!:
Don't fear Del, if we lose it will be to genuine top quality opposition. In a year's time this midweek could see us at Burton Albion or Fleetwood, the Champions League is something to savour.

Roddy

Post by Roddy »

Geoff,you should have went full Ted Striker and flew the plane yourself surely !! :)

Glad you where ok though.

You can only live in the world you know.The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.

"We shall not go to Canossa!"

The End

Post by The End »

mrGP wrote:No MSL this Friday by the way as the 2 Mikes are covering Jim White (who's doing breakfast) so I'll be on 1-6.
Ahhh. Genuinely thought I'd slept in this morning when my alarm went off at 7.15 (4.15 over there) and your dulcet tones were frothing from my laptop.