Rushden and Glendenning and Baker

Talksport - the main station discussion place
JimmyDee

Re: Rushden - just turn it in, son

Post by JimmyDee »

sjbarca wrote:..... someone shat on his front doorstep.
Everyone's a critic :-)

Alternative joke ....
... and then Max opened the window and shouted "Alan, you don't live here any more".
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99

Reg

Post by Reg »

JimmyDee wrote:
sjbarca wrote:..... someone shat on his front doorstep.
Everyone's a critic :-)

Alternative joke ....
... and then Max opened the window and shouted "Alan, you don't live here any more".
Ha. :)
Roy IN!!

tennisman

Post by tennisman »

deisegirl wrote:I like the show but I dislike those stupid games when ANYONE does them. Culverhouse is tedious enough but the "how many toilets do you have in your house" one is the worst. See also: Danny Baker's sausage sandwich quiz.

Stupid quizzes: just say no (Baker's quiz is possibly worse because it has listeners participating).
But at least with Bakers sausage game, you can understand what it is and follow it.

I must have listened numerous times to Culverhouse and still don't know how it works. I've even Googled it and still don't know.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

There is a know, tennisman, that's part of the socalled fun. :roll: Drivelsome Rushden and Barry Irish trying and failing to replicate the equally oh so unfunny Radio 4, 'Mornington Crescent'. Laugh at 'Mornington Crescent', I nearly did.

'Culverhouse' is their worse than ginger stepchild. Two men naming old footballers and one then calls 'Culverhouse' That is the rules. It amuses Rushden and Barry Irish, simple fellas they are. :roll: :roll:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

tennisman wrote:
deisegirl wrote:I like the show but I dislike those stupid games when ANYONE does them. Culverhouse is tedious enough but the "how many toilets do you have in your house" one is the worst. See also: Danny Baker's sausage sandwich quiz.

Stupid quizzes: just say no (Baker's quiz is possibly worse because it has listeners participating).
But at least with Bakers sausage game, you can understand what it is and follow it.

I must have listened numerous times to Culverhouse and still don't know how it works. I've even Googled it and still don't know.
This is from Glendenning's twatter:

"People take turns naming decidedly average top flight footballers from 1985-95 and whoever says 'ian culverhouse' wins"

I remember listening out to see if it was something to do with the letters in their surnames or something but no, naming players and then randomly blurting IAN CULVERHOUSE = "The rules" :rolleyes:
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

https://www.talkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... 62#p794067
Carlos J on March 30, 2015 wrote:
The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Is it "better" or more worserer than, say, any Vodafone advert?

Definitely worserer. Shite footballer equivalent of shite 'Mornington Crescent'. But at least Rushden has let Barry Irish win a few recently to keep it tense. :roll:

As per many times, Barry Irish, alledgedly such a wag on Guardian 'Football Weekly' Podcasts, tends to an indifferent dullard on TS. Plus I'd always imagined him a dodgy long haired Oirish, so was saddened, but apt, that he is Mr Bland:

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

"dodgy long haired Oirish".... What, like Paul Hill or Joshua Tree Bono? :smt102
Saggers is alive??!!

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

deisegirl wrote:"dodgy long haired Oirish".... What, like Paul Hill or Joshua Tree Bono? :smt102
Bono is just a cunt, deise, regardless of hair length. Err Paul Hill, err of Guildford 4 chap you mean, err, nah.

Dear old deise. Dodgy long hair a bewtiful comment heard said against me and friends which became our favourite comment to anyone with long hair. Barry Irish, as per thought by voice was that and then seeing a photo realising he looks like an accountant and he is probably the least funny man from the whole island of Ireland. A land of sometimes funny men.

There's a lack of craic with Barry Irish.

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

He actually looks exactly like I imagined, which doesnae happen very often. I find him quite funny but nothing to do with where he's from. Wasn't even sure he was Irish for a while as his accent is a bit weird.

Long hair is very dodgy but the "man bun" fad is even worse.
Saggers is alive??!!

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

deisegirl wrote:He actually looks exactly like I imagined, which doesnae happen very often. I find him quite funny but nothing to do with where he's from. Wasn't even sure he was Irish for a while as his accent is a bit weird.

Long hair is very dodgy but the "man bun" fad is even worse.
No to finding him funny. Maybe a 10 percenter. From Birr, County Offaly, accirding to Mr Wiki.

I hoped a rugged Oirishmen, as per, accountant.

Mon the Rep at half time.

Boris the Spider

Post by Boris the Spider »

Er....Paul Rankin??!!
When a shtroke shtrikes.....

Mr Sheen shines in sheconds.

SeanNW8

Max Rushden

Post by SeanNW8 »

He thinks it's great radio to spend the show giving negative feedback on his broadcasting skills.

Just bizarre. The aim of presenting an engaging, topical, fast-moving show is completely lost on him.

I've said this before, but to repeat myself, if you're going personalise a show to the extent Max does, then you need to have a little humour, grace, humility and experience. Max has none of that.

You'd think people close to him would have a word. He's far from the worst presenter on TS (which admittedly isn't saying much) but his approach to presenting his shows needs a complete rethink.

antdad

Re: Max Rushden

Post by antdad »

Simply cannot bare his self-effacing style...click.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Dougy has "theories" re maximillian, jacobs, abrahams and goldstein
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

antdad

Post by antdad »

^
Those guys don't exactly hold down the primo jobs at TS for there to be a conspiracy.