The UEFA Champions League & Europa League thread 2016-17

Anything sportlike
delboy1983

Re: The UEFA Champions League & Europa League thread 2016-17

Post by delboy1983 »

Sinbad wrote:
turnitin wrote:Great draws for Leicester, Arsenal and Spurs tbh.

Man City's group looks tough but they paid big buck for Pep so time to earn his corn.

With Man City's squad, Pep shouldn't have a problem getting out of that group
True, now that he's got a decent keeper :)
We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

finchman

Post by finchman »

West fackin Em,.......fackin cants.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Salem

Post by Salem »

kevin04 wrote: Cheers, my man :)
Got a great text from a pal today "I think we'll struggle to get fourth in that group" :lol: A very tough draw, and even Borrusia I believe were undefeated against Bayern last season. I think we'll end up with anything from 0-4 pts, 4 being the very maximum too.

You enjoying life back in the SPL? Welcome back to the SPL! A bluenose pal of mine ended up going to most of the away games when Rangers went through the leagues and I think he's only got 4-5 stadiums to go to complete the list of professional Scottish grounds visited.

What's the hope for this year? A title challenge? Or just to finish in the top six? I think Aberdeen might push Rangers a bit this year, but we'll see, Aberdeen had a golden chance last year to win the title, but blew it on the road and in October when they took 1pt from 18 in SPL matches.

Hope you are well, Salem!
:D :D

Ain't too bad here thanks Kev . Looking forward to a long weekend if you catch my drift :partyman: .

As for my expectations this year , they ain't too high for the 'gers . Unlike some of my Bluenose associates , i'm not getting too carried away with some early season decent results . I'd be more than happy with a couple of seasons getting established back in the SPL , building a good squad and a few good results against your boys will always help :) . You're bang on , as ever , about Aberdeen too . Along with Hearts i don't think they're going to be a pushover for anyone in the division . I also genuinely believe we have the right manager to take us forward . Saying that , i'm a bit envious and more than a tad worried about Celtic managing to grab Rodgers . I'm probably in the minority on these here boards but i don't think he's a bad manager at all and i believe along with his style of football , he's a good fit for Celtic .

So yup , it's great to be back in the top division and if there's a chance we'll get European football next season , i'll be happy with that progress .

Enjoy your season my friend , although i'm sure you'll understand when i add , just not too much :smt023 :wink:
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Should the public not award and pay for waste harm to win the yoowopeahh?
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

veritas vincit

Post by veritas vincit »

kancutlawns wrote:West Ham are out. That's less money for the club to cream off at the expense of the taxpayer.
No longer West Ham.
In informed circles they are now known as Taxpayers FC

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

And they can't find a centre forward who isn't injured. Let's give them a hundred million for the poor lambs. Ker-ching!!

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Carlos J wrote: Was living in Nottm during the 1997/98 and 2000/01 UEFA Cup campaigns, JW, and remember 'East Midlands Today' during the first one creaming over the loads of coaches leaving Leicester for the 24hr+ trip to play Atlético Madrid. And Boro legend, Juninho, avenging the League Cup Final, scored in both games. :)
Remember them well as a boy, we have a limited European history but Atletico Madrid feature very prominently. The one in 1997 will never be forgotten, I think a fair few wanted to draw them again despite their quality as a team.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Salem wrote:
kevin04 wrote: Cheers, my man :)
Got a great text from a pal today "I think we'll struggle to get fourth in that group" :lol: A very tough draw, and even Borrusia I believe were undefeated against Bayern last season. I think we'll end up with anything from 0-4 pts, 4 being the very maximum too.

You enjoying life back in the SPL? Welcome back to the SPL! A bluenose pal of mine ended up going to most of the away games when Rangers went through the leagues and I think he's only got 4-5 stadiums to go to complete the list of professional Scottish grounds visited.

What's the hope for this year? A title challenge? Or just to finish in the top six? I think Aberdeen might push Rangers a bit this year, but we'll see, Aberdeen had a golden chance last year to win the title, but blew it on the road and in October when they took 1pt from 18 in SPL matches.

Hope you are well, Salem!
:D :D

Ain't too bad here thanks Kev . Looking forward to a long weekend if you catch my drift :partyman: .

As for my expectations this year , they ain't too high for the 'gers . Unlike some of my Bluenose associates , i'm not getting too carried away with some early season decent results . I'd be more than happy with a couple of seasons getting established back in the SPL , building a good squad and a few good results against your boys will always help :) . You're bang on , as ever , about Aberdeen too . Along with Hearts i don't think they're going to be a pushover for anyone in the division . I also genuinely believe we have the right manager to take us forward . Saying that , i'm a bit envious and more than a tad worried about Celtic managing to grab Rodgers . I'm probably in the minority on these here boards but i don't think he's a bad manager at all and i believe along with his style of football , he's a good fit for Celtic .

So yup , it's great to be back in the top division and if there's a chance we'll get European football next season , i'll be happy with that progress .

Enjoy your season my friend , although i'm sure you'll understand when i add , just not too much :smt023 :wink:
Good to hear that Salem, enjoy those beers, Slàinte glè mhath :drinkers: Back to the grind for me after a few weeks off and back to work tomorrow as well, but a few beers tomorrow night.

I think Warburton is a good manager as well. He did really well with Brentford and I think likewise he'll do at Rangers. I think Rangers will be top four, not sure about second spot, but a couple of friends of mine - one a United (only one United to me, Dundee Utd) and the other a Celtic fan - think Rangers will come second, but it's a long season and we'll see.

I agree about Rodgers too. He's a bit of a fud with his 'Brendan's Bible' and the rest of his 'ootstanding' shenanigans at Liverpool, but I believe too he's a good manager, he was 1 game away from winning the EPL with Liverpool and whilst he had Suarez then, still a major acheivement and for Celtic to grab him. Sinclair will be too good for the SPL and a great chance for him to have a few good years, make himself a bit of a hero and probably end up back south.

We'll see how it all folds out next May. Like wise enjoy, and have a good weekend!
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

The one trophy missing from the United Trophy room. time to grab the Triple Crown. Chelsea did it.
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Ariola playing for PSG tonight.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Four Club Franchise game off, there'll be huge swathes of empty seats if it's played tomorrow...... plus ca change.....
There's no poem, just prose.

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Thought it was a heatwave down South today but Man City game off for flooding.
Fucking weather is fucked
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

delboy1983

Post by delboy1983 »

Assume Jim Proudfoot and Stuart Pearce just changed screens in the studio.
Talk Sport still talking before Kick off and Arsenal 1 down
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

A few thousand frustrated bitters around the Boo Camp, Arsenal and Celtic both losing within 3 minutes, enjoying this too much already.
There's no poem, just prose.

deisegirl

Post by deisegirl »

BT sport goals show looks a bit naff :)
Saggers is alive??!!
Talksport is dark and full of errors.
Wilbur did nuffink wrong!