Iain Lee

The place to discuss TalkRADIO
Zippy

Re: Iain Lee

Post by Zippy »

Is Iain Lee's show doing markedly worse in the RAJAR ratings than everyone else on TR? It's just he seems really insecure about it.

Surely no one is listening to Paul Ross?!
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

colinthewarriormonkey

Post by colinthewarriormonkey »

Paul Dross more like.
"The Cunt's Cunt."

"One desperate shithouse"

shivah

Post by shivah »

Zippy wrote:Is Iain Lee's show doing markedly worse in the RAJAR ratings than everyone else on TR? It's just he seems really insecure about it.

M-Cat Ross? Fucking hell he is dreadful.
Grunt is a Chunt.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

shivah wrote:
Zippy wrote:Is Iain Lee's show doing markedly worse in the RAJAR ratings than everyone else on TR? It's just he seems really insecure about it.

He's been around for nearly 40 years, has never been popular yet always lands gigs. Baffling.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

shivah

Post by shivah »

Zippy wrote:
shivah wrote:

He's been around for nearly 40 years, has never been popular yet always lands gigs. Baffling.

Plus has a whole list of failed quiz shows behind him.

No Win No Fee where he allegedly didn't get paid if the contestant won. Yeah I can see that. Chinny Reckon.
Grunt is a Chunt.

Chris

Post by Chris »

I loved Iain Lee's show up until a few months ago but I've since lost interest. Perhaps it's because Iain has a habit of speaking about himself so much. His depression, his medication, his therapist, his boys, his career, his video game playing, his social media habits, etc...

I find myself increasingly listening to Ian Collins on LBC.

It's 2017, yet when it comes to national phone-in radio, we're not exactly spoilt for choice in this country.
Signature

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Chris wrote:I loved Iain Lee's show up until a few months ago but I've since lost interest. Perhaps it's because Iain has a habit of speaking about himself so much. His depression, his medication, his therapist, his boys, his career, his video game playing, his social media habits, etc...

It's 2017, yet when it comes to national phone-in radio, we're not exactly spoilt for choice in this country.

Some of the regular Lee callers put me off. They think they are 'characters' but many are just boring.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

jumpers

Post by jumpers »

I would dearly love for Alan Caddick to get a night job in a factory so he can't ring up and dribble down the phone anymore.

Chris

Post by Chris »

jumpers wrote:I would dearly love for Alan Caddick to get a night job in a factory so he can't ring up and dribble down the phone anymore.

I agree with you, jumpers.
Signature

Chris

Post by Chris »

You know Russ the security guard who used to call Iain a lot? Well I think he's just been speaking on BBC Question Time.

Guy in the audience with beard and Phil Mitchell hairdo spoke a few times. Sounded like Russ.
Signature

Iain Lee

Post by Iain Lee »

Chris wrote:I loved Iain Lee's show up until a few months ago but I've since lost interest. Perhaps it's because Iain has a habit of speaking about himself so much. His depression, his medication, his therapist, his boys, his career, his video game playing, his social media habits, etc...

HEY chris

Sorry. Didn't mean to shout!

Yup. I agree with your points. I did allow the show to get too maudlin. Too heavy. Too personal. I got a bit lost. But. I have listened to people who've raised the point that I got too heavy. And while people are still welcome to call in about their struggles with life and mental health, we've certainly reigned it in a lot. The fun is back. It's mainly a laugh now and stoopid in places and fun.

Also, we are starting to get so many callers that I'm finally in the position I wanted to be in - we can from time to time ask people who call in every night to perhaps miss it out for a night or two and allow others a chance.

Any other suggestions? Genuinely keen to hear your thoughts.

I've changed the name of the show to The Late Night Alternative because I genuinely believe my show is the only alternative to newsy topical phone ins.

Chris

Post by Chris »

Iain Lee wrote:

HEY chris

Yup. I agree with your points. I did allow the show to get too maudlin. Too heavy. Too personal. I got a bit lost. But. I have listened to people who've raised the point that I got too heavy. And while people are still welcome to call in about their struggles with life and mental health, we've certainly reigned it in a lot. The fun is back. It's mainly a laugh now and stoopid in places and fun.

Also, we are starting to get so many callers that I'm finally in the position I wanted to be in - we can from time to time ask people who call in every night to perhaps miss it out for a night or two and allow others a chance.

I've changed the name of the show to The Late Night Alternative because I genuinely believe my show is the only alternative to newsy topical phone ins.

Great you're getting more calls , Iain. Caller variety will improve things. The show deserves a wider audience. I enjoy listening to the mental health stuff, I've struggled myself throughout the years, but I felt there was just too much of it on the show.

I'll give the show another go from next week. Ian Collins is good but there's only so much I can listen to about Brexit, Corbyn, Muslims and immigration.

:)
Signature

Heady

Post by Heady »

Iain Lee wrote:

HEY chris

Let's cut to the chase. What do you think of Gaunts rrrrrrrradio revolution Iain? Interested in becoming a presenter?

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

talkFORUM - the forum where all the starts (of talkSPORT/RADIO) are.

:)
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Iain Lee

Post by Iain Lee »

Evening.