Jeremy Corbyn

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Eaststand

Re: Jeremy Corbyn

Post by Eaststand »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love how you brought this thread back just to say that, fucking amazing.
Build Back More Betterer

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Delegates whooping and hollering, when an MP calls for a general strike. Corbyn's comrades really have summoned up the spirit of the 1970s.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Darkyboy wrote:Delegates whooping and hollering, when an MP calls for a general strike. Corbyn's comrades really have summoned up the spirit of the 1970s.

The General Strike was in 1926.

birdie

Post by birdie »

He's been speaking for 15 minutes now, well, about 5 really because every sentence is applauded roundly, but he hasn't said anything about policy yet, or anything else worthwhile, still, I shall persevere, Oh, hang on, here comes the first lie.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

birdie wrote:He's been speaking for 15 minutes now, well, about 5 really because every sentence is applauded roundly, but he hasn't said anything about policy yet, or anything else worthwhile, still, I shall persevere, Oh, hang on, here comes the first lie.

A one way ticket to Siberia for the person who stops clapping first.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Ralph wrote:
birdie wrote:He's been speaking for 15 minutes now, well, about 5 really because every sentence is applauded roundly, but he hasn't said anything about policy yet, or anything else worthwhile, still, I shall persevere, Oh, hang on, here comes the first lie.

A one way ticket to Siberia for the person who stops clapping first.

:lol: or for the first one who doesn't stand up on cue, it''s quite amusing, it's almost as if there's a minion with a 'stand up now' card waving it at the appropriate moment, Oh dear, Diane Abbott is one beat behind the rest of them, she's had to look to see who it was that waved the card for the front bench to stand up.

And they say comedy is dead.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

Ralph wrote:
The Tick wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:For all their faults, the Conservatives realised when they were looking down the barrel in the last decade and got through a number of leaders before getting back into power. Labour under Corbyn don't want to do this and are firmly stuck in a rut.
The Tories in their lust for power pandered to a non-centrist voting bloc, and had the 2008 economic crisis to hit labour with.
Cameron pandered to the centre ground in the build up to the 2010 election. Then when in office decided the only people who shouldn't pay a price for the banking crisis were the people who caused it.
I remember Osborne going to speak at the City of London a few weeks before that election. They had already decided he was a wanker, but he reassured them that he was was a wanker who would do them no harm. And he kept his word. Not one person served a jail term, although people did in the US. He pretty immediately backed off on more regulation.

The fact is that Thatcher created a monster which nobody has the courage to confront.

Bankers got generous tax cuts while the NHS, the disabled etc got 'efficiency savings'.

The Tories/centre right are far more focused, cynical & pragmatic than the centre left in the UK.

Ultimately the Tory party is about being in power. What you do while you are there is a secondary issue. Labour is the precise opposite.

The left in the UK is dominated by people who would rather have nothing than incremental change.

Jeremy Corbyn is a textbook example of that. Literally nobody genuinely thinks he has a chance of winning an election & changing anything.

I certainly can't see him winning an election. So what then?

The Tories would never accept that situation. They are ruthless whereas the centre-left think virtue signaling is good enough.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Ralph
Forum Admin

Post by Ralph »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Ralph wrote:
The Tick wrote:
kancutlawns wrote:For all their faults, the Conservatives realised when they were looking down the barrel in the last decade and got through a number of leaders before getting back into power. Labour under Corbyn don't want to do this and are firmly stuck in a rut.
The Tories in their lust for power pandered to a non-centrist voting bloc, and had the 2008 economic crisis to hit labour with.
Cameron pandered to the centre ground in the build up to the 2010 election. Then when in office decided the only people who shouldn't pay a price for the banking crisis were the people who caused it.
I remember Osborne going to speak at the City of London a few weeks before that election. They had already decided he was a wanker, but he reassured them that he was was a wanker who would do them no harm. And he kept his word. Not one person served a jail term, although people did in the US. He pretty immediately backed off on more regulation.

The fact is that Thatcher created a monster which nobody has the courage to confront.

Bankers got generous tax cuts while the NHS, the disabled etc got 'efficiency savings'.

The Tories/centre right are far more focused, cynical & pragmatic than the centre left in the UK.

Ultimately the Tory party is about being in power. What you do while you are there is a secondary issue. Labour is the precise opposite.

The left in the UK is dominated by people who would rather have nothing than incremental change.

Jeremy Corbyn is a textbook example of that. Literally nobody genuinely thinks he has a chance of winning an election & changing anything.

I certainly can't see him winning an election. So what then?

The Tories would never accept that situation. They are ruthless whereas the centre-left think virtue signaling is good enough.

That post is nearly 2 years old. With hindsight some of the criticism is OTT.

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

Derek Hatton is back in the Labour party. I have no idea who he is/was, but christ he looks good for 70!

Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

He's a cunt, hth.
There's no poem, just prose.

Kowalski

Post by Kowalski »

Holden Mcgroyne wrote:He's a cunt, hth.

Indeed, a truly evil cunt and warning of what is to come if Corbyn and his cronies get in.

paolo

Post by paolo »

kevin04 wrote:Derek Hatton is back in the Labour party. I have no idea who he is/was, but christ he looks good for 70!

I thought you were joking but wow

Impressive
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Anyway back to Corbyn. Brought up in a country manor house, attended private school, arsed his way around central america and eastern europe on his parents money before becoming a career trade unionist and politician claiming to speak for the workers despite never having had an proper job, and thereafter supporting any cause so long as it was opposed to Britain.

With particular relish for all things anti semitic.
There's no poem, just prose.

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Now Hatton is back in, how long before Galloway follows? :)
"talkFORUM royalty" - thursty.
"Talkforum's Alan Whicker! " - kevin04.
"Cunt" - sjbarca

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

When is the left-wing Guardian, not left-wing enough? When you in Corbyn's cabal of course.

https://order-order.com/2018/09/28/corb ... -guardian/
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.