Max Rushden
6%
Johnny Vaughan
4%

Total votes: 54

Roquetas

Worst so-called 'funny guy' on TS? [POLL]

Post by Roquetas »

TS has a lot of people who think they are comedians as well as sports presenters. But which is the worst?

Ian Abrahams - the 'comedy sports journalist' lovingly referred to as 'Moose'
James Brown - former bad-boy of lad culture deadpanning back JV's machine gun anecdotes
Steve Bunce - a lifetime of amazing stories from Fleet Street's finest
Matt Forde - the rising star of stand-up entertains millions every Friday night
Barry Glendenning - the genial Irishman with a fine line in dry wit
Andy Goldstein - the king of the double entendre underlines his jovial schoolboy pranks
Bob Mills - cracking one-liners from this veteran of observational humour
Mike Parry - from crazy ideas to nutty reminiscences, 'Porky' never fails to hit the mark
Max Rushden - after honing his skills on Soccer AM, TS Sundays have never been the same
Johnny Vaughan - hard-hitting satire in his own inimitable style
All eyes and ears...

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Re: Worst so-called 'funny guy' on TS? [POLL]

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Tough choice but let me throw into the mix Adrian "Adrian" Durham who is surely the ace in this particular pack.

This fast-talking wisecracking shock-jock firebrand is unpredictable and hilarious in equal measure as he winds up those gullible gooners with a daily dose of brutal bants and outrageous high jinks.

Solid sidekick Goffy plays the straight bat to Ade, who serves and volleys a sidesplitting banter barrage, covering all manner of topics from The Arsenal to Arsene Wenger.

Think of a mix of Howard Stern, Larry David, Spike Milligan and Denis Leary and you'll be on the right track. 25 years in the biz for this golden child with surely many more richly deserved awards to come.
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Minisooms

Post by Minisooms »

I wanted to vote for Colin Murray
If you think this has a happy ending you haven't been paying attention

Roquetas

Post by Roquetas »

I think 'onest Ade is more a 'shooting from the hip' kinda Jock rather than an all-out funster in the mould of a Chris Evans or a Steve Wright In The Afternoon - the Chris Moyleses of this world. Ade (or 'Greenteeth' as he is known by his friends and family) likes to put it out there and take control of his subjects in a no-nonsense, fact-driven explosion of choice critique and dear-oh-dears.
All eyes and ears...

Roquetas

Post by Roquetas »

Minisooms wrote:I wanted to vote for Colin Murray
Murray falls under the banner of 'amiable' rather than 'trying to be a comic' I feel.
All eyes and ears...

Reg

Post by Reg »

Moose's "comedy" segments during the World Cup (e.g. haranguing bemused locals about the absence of Bounty bars) were probably the worst things ever on talkSPORT, and made worse by the way that he was indulged and encouraged by the producers and other presenters.

I seem to recall that these abominations were even repeated throughout the day, as if they had been lovingly spun from comedy gold, rather than sharted off the top of the bumbling buffoon's head at the drop of a doughnut.
Roy IN!!

Roquetas

Post by Roquetas »

Reg wrote:Moose's "comedy" segments during the World Cup (e.g. haranguing bemused locals about the absence of Bounty bars) were probably the worst things ever on talkSPORT, and made worse by the way that he was indulged and encouraged by the producers and other presenters.

I seem to recall that these abominations were even repeated throughout the day, as if they had been lovingly spun from comedy gold, rather than sharted off the top of the bumbling buffoon's head at the drop of a doughnut.
They were pitifully unfunny to be at a negative on a sliding scale of funny-unfunny, which is quite an achievement, but my overall memory was at how insulting they were.
All eyes and ears...

No longer the Bridesmaid

Moose deserves his own thread, section or entire forum dedicated to discussing precisely how fat and how shit he is

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Other... Andy Jacobs.
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

Jonathan Grunt

Post by Jonathan Grunt »

Reg wrote:Moose's "comedy" segments during the World Cup (e.g. haranguing bemused locals about the absence of Bounty bars) were probably the worst things ever on talkSPORT, and made worse by the way that he was indulged and encouraged by the producers and other presenters.

The Moose, there.

Previously known as Ian Abrahams, who left ITN because they didn't take sport seriously enough.
PRAY GOD FOR CHELTENHAM

Roquetas

Post by Roquetas »

Jonathan Grunt wrote:

The Moose, there.

Previously known as Ian Abrahams, who left ITN because they didn't take sport seriously enough.
The Moose is quite happy to be abused and humiliated by a fat, pissed-up shit like Alan Brazil and answer to an offensive nickname. Fucker gets all he deserves.
All eyes and ears...

Sinbad

Post by Sinbad »

Tbf, Ian Abrahams probably isn't to bad a bloke compared to the likes of Alan Brazil or Dominic Cork. But I wouldn't to be seen out having a beer with him.
Forever In Our Shadow
It's now ELEVEN LONG YEARS since spurs last won a trophy
Why don't talkSPORT ever mention this ?

Have you ever seen tottenham win the league?

Click here :- http://www.haveyoueverseentottenhamwintheleague.com/

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Goldstein has, once or twice, said something amusing. I'll go for Steve Bunce for believing if you SHAAT the joke becomes funnier.

In terms of non comedian trying to be funny, Durham wins hands down. See the Mark Lark, Stripey Nigels, Head's Gone, AVB hasn't got a clue and numerous other "anecdote" abominations.

No longer the Bridesmaid

Sinbad wrote:Tbf, Ian Abrahams probably isn't to bad a bloke compared to the likes of Alan Brazil or Dominic Cork. But I wouldn't to be seen out having a beer with him.
Feelings mutual I would imagine tbf

No longer the Bridesmaid

JW90 wrote:Goldstein has, once or twice, said something amusing. I'll go for Steve Bunce for believing if you SHAAT the joke becomes funnier.

In terms of non comedian trying to be funny, Durham wins hands down. See the Mark Lark, Stripey Nigels, Head's Gone, AVB hasn't got a clue and numerous other "anecdote" abominations.
You're avin a larf fella. Eds gone.