Golf

Anything sportlike
theleader82

Golf

Post by theleader82 »

Will tiger be back to play at the masters next month? Rory hasn't had a great start to the year so may struggle at Augusta where you really need a good short game. I'd love to see garcia win a major but maybe it's jut not meant to be, but he has the game that suits Augusta. I'm hoping to break 90 for first this year, been practicing through the winter so hopefully will pay off.
Man U and rangers

kevin04

Re: Golf

Post by kevin04 »

What's the weak parts of your golf?

Clichéd to the max, but it's very true 'Driving for show. Putting for dough'. Get your short game sorted out and you'll be in the 80s in next to no time. No belting it off the tee trying to impress the Polish waitresses in the clubhouse. Step up, relax, club up/down depending on the wind and woof.
Bellend. Rupert Bell fanclub - MEMBER.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I think the weak parts of my game are my chipping and when I have to playa pitch from less than 100 yards which doesn't require a full swing. Also I struggle when the ball is on an up or downslope on the fairway and I need to get more consistent with my 5 and 4 irons.
Man U and rangers

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Tiger is shot to shit. Fucked 5000 whores and his brain
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

finchman

Post by finchman »

Back in the 80s and 90s I used to love golf,Faldo,Woosey,Sandy,Seve ,that yanky cunt in the plus fours,even Jack and Arnold coming over for the opens.I played off 4 for a few years before the wife and sprog came along,was even keen during the Tiger years,but have lost interest since about 2005,got sick of faceless cunts winning our open.But I must say,of the current crop I like that yank with the fucking stupid Christian name and the young lad in orange,Rory is OK but if he was a regular lad out on the pull with me back in the day,he would have been either going home on his own or he would have had to take the fat one.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

theleader82 wrote:I think the weak parts of my game are my chipping and when I have to playa pitch from less than 100 yards which doesn't require a full swing. Also I struggle when the ball is on an up or downslope on the fairway and I need to get more consistent with my 5 and 4 irons.
You could try holding the club at the very bottom of the grip on those 100 yard shots, or club down or 2 and work on your half swings with a 8-9 iron from that distance.

I was scoring reguarly 90s until I started focussing on my putting too. I find also sometimes if you're 20-40 yards off the green and it looks an awkward lie or shot in general - get out the driver and use a putting stroke. It does wonders. It doesn't look as pretty as an lob or what, but the score is the only thing that matters.

Keep stats too - every time I 3 or more :oops: putt, I mark a wee astreix beside the hole on the scorecard so I can add up my averages. Same with GIRs too.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I used to try and hit the ball to hard especially if it was a long par 4. I realise now it's better to swing smoothly that way you get more consistent strikes and a swing that is more easy to repeat. I saw mcilroy is the new face of the EA sports golf game. Used to love playing that at uni.
Man U and rangers

Chris

Post by Chris »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote:Tiger is shot to shit. Fucked 5000 whores and his brain
Yep, he's not the same player.
Signature

kevin04

Post by kevin04 »

theleader82 wrote:I used to try and hit the ball to hard especially if it was a long par 4. I realise now it's better to swing smoothly that way you get more consistent strikes and a swing that is more easy to repeat. I saw mcilroy is the new face of the EA sports golf game. Used to love playing that at uni.
Yeah, you'll probably hitter it further with a lighter and less aggresive/forceful swing too.

Good luck with the golf.

Yeah, PGA was great - St Andrews looks a piece of cake on that game. It's just a big grassy field with the odd bunker and massive putting greens.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Golf is a fetish. All those outfits. The 'labels'. Golf is a game for middle-class men who can't quite muster the urge to hire a prostitute. They prefer to focus their energies wearing queer clothes & hitting a little white ball across a field using a metal stick.

You couldn't make it up.

Power to them. I wish I was a golfer.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

kevin04 wrote:
theleader82 wrote:I used to try and hit the ball to hard especially if it was a long par 4. I realise now it's better to swing smoothly that way you get more consistent strikes and a swing that is more easy to repeat. I saw mcilroy is the new face of the EA sports golf game. Used to love playing that at uni.
Yeah, you'll probably hitter it further with a lighter and less aggresive/forceful swing too.

Good luck with the golf.

Yeah, PGA was great - St Andrews looks a piece of cake on that game. It's just a big grassy field with the odd bunker and massive putting greens.
I was thinking it would be fun to go on a golf holiday even for 4 or 5 days. Maybe ireland or scotland, try some proper links golf. The course at Loch Lomond where they have the scottish open looks one of the nicest courses around. I'm not a member anywhere I like to play the different courses in northants. Staverton park is the best. I'd like to give Woburn a try, maybe once I've improved a little.
Man U and rangers

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Not long until the masters, the best weekend of sport in the year. Soon followed by the world snooker championships and the champions league. A good month or two of sport. Good to hear bob bubka back on talksport.
Man U and rangers

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

kevin04 wrote: No belting it off the tee trying to impress the Polish waitresses in the clubhouse.
I just whip out Ol' Lil' Sadact and helicopter
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

PGA Tour Golf on Sega megadrive was as good as I got. Used to be frustrating ending up in the drink on the 17th at Sawgrass though
There's no poem, just prose.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

A great short game of course needed at The Masters but being a big hitter is essential. Look at Bubba last year.
Rory will be back and fancy Stenson to be in with a good shout.