Katie Hopkins

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Roy Twing

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by Roy Twing »

subsub wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:I'm just trying to get to the bottom of your (& ralph's) justifications for stating that she's racist.
I don't accepts the examples you gave as being 'proof'.

There are plenty more, if you Google them.
But she's either racist or, as I suspect, on the wind-up and doing it to get clicks and shares, which is desperate stuff.
But when you're dropped by the Daily Mail, that's quite an achievement.
Roy Twing wrote:I simply fear that in this woke new world, the definition of being a racist is anyone who disagrees with the belief that all immigrants are the equivalent of the second coming of christ

That's not true. But it worries me that thanks to the likes of Farage etc, some people seem to think that it's OK to blame all of society's ills on immigrants. People had these naive views in the 1970s, and I'd thought we'd got past such daft, insular attitudes. Unfortunately, we appear to have regressed – the rise in attacks on immigrants and gay people would suggest that.
And now we have lots of Tories talking about Brexit by using WWII slogans and playing the nationalist card. Stuff like that worries me, too. Thankfully, I think it's a generational thing, and I don't believe that young(er) people are hung up on this kind of thing. The really offensive stuff I see seems to come from people of a certain age (65+), and their bigoted attitudes are slowing disappearing, thankfully.

It may well be generational, and it could (and is) arguable that the younger generations are (and have) being successfully brainwashed into believing that mass immigration and the doctrine of multiculturalism is the 'second coming'.
It does seem to me that your definition of 'bigoted views' are in fact, perfectly reasonable opinions mixed up with extreme comments, and that your mindset is intentionally throwing the baby out with the bath water.
To this end, I'm still keen to know why you state specifically that hopkins is a racist.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Ralph wrote:

It’s racist because it’s asking people who haven’t stabbed or shot anyone why "they" go around stabbing & shooting people, based purely on skin colour.

'Based purely on skin colour' is your twisted interpretation of it. Hopkins is not saying that, otherwise what is the point of the question.

:?

She starts the Tweet "Dear black people....."

Well that's because she wants an answer from black people. She has not said or suggested that the attacks are recially motivated, she is asking why they do it. What's coming next, black people don't shoot or stab each other.

It shouldn't come as any surprise that some forumers are leaping to Katie Hopkins' defence…

Not defending anyone subsub, just the right to question those who shout 'racist' at every 'sensitive' comment they don't like.

Of course you can question it.
But knowing what Katie Hopkins does – saying offensive/controversial things for a living – seems a bit odd to defend her.

Must be very odd for her, waking up every day knowing that she has to Tweet offensive stuff whether she believes it or not, all in the name of publicity.

I guess she's just the same as Piers Morgan – the key thing is staying in the public eye. Bit desperate, really.

I don't honestly care about hopkins and how she (or piers morgan) conducts her affairs.
I'm just trying to get to the bottom of your (& ralph's) justifications for stating that she's racist.
I simply fear that in this woke new world, the definition of being a racist is anyone who disagrees with the belief that all immigrants are the equivalent of the second coming of christ
And who better to ask than someone who appears to 'embrace' political correctness in all its madness.

In simpler terms, anyone who disagrees with their interpretation of what one is. These people believe anything they think is a fact, and not an opinion.

In fairness, Zambo, it's pretty obvious if people are racist or not.

And there we have the perfect thread moment - Katie Hopkins meets Matthew Hopkins.
Anyone (such as Tick) that uses 'gammon' as a racial pejorative is as much a racist as those who use the word nigger and similar pejoratively.
E & OE

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

It's incredible that with all that needs fixing in our society, so much energy here is consumed in hair-splitting about what racism is and isn't.
If you want to define it, step away from the words used and look at the intent.
Some are better than others at masking their intent but they are as deplorable as those who are less adept.
Hopkins and Farage are examples of people who know exactly what they are doing, but who generally are careful about being caught specifically encouraging hate. But they know they are dog-whistling to those they want to influence.
But it's what they are about.
Hopkins got so consumed in her persona and people telling her she "tells it like it is" that she lost judgement. I have no sympathy at all for her but I do for those around her who suffer from her demise.
Farage has spent twenty years doing this. First with UKIP then with Brexit. Of course part of the game is that when a few of the people he attracts get exposed he makes a big play of clearing them out, knowing full well there are many others remaining.
Farage's deserved implosion, though, has meant that the Tories have picked up some of the detritus Farage previously commanded.
It seems their only criterion for selection as a candidate is dedication to Johnson's lunatic plans.
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

paolo

Post by paolo »

subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Ralph wrote:

It’s racist because it’s asking people who haven’t stabbed or shot anyone why "they" go around stabbing & shooting people, based purely on skin colour.

'Based purely on skin colour' is your twisted interpretation of it. Hopkins is not saying that, otherwise what is the point of the question.

Well that's because she wants an answer from black people. She has not said or suggested that the attacks are recially motivated, she is asking why they do it. What's coming next, black people don't shoot or stab each other.

It shouldn't come as any surprise that some forumers are leaping to Katie Hopkins' defence…

Not defending anyone subsub, just the right to question those who shout 'racist' at every 'sensitive' comment they don't like.

But knowing what Katie Hopkins does – saying offensive/controversial things for a living – seems a bit odd to defend her.

Must be very odd for her, waking up every day knowing that she has to Tweet offensive stuff whether she believes it or not, all in the name of publicity.

I guess she's just the same as Piers Morgan – the key thing is staying in the public eye. Bit desperate, really.

I don't honestly care about hopkins and how she (or piers morgan) conducts her affairs.
I'm just trying to get to the bottom of your (& ralph's) justifications for stating that she's racist.
I simply fear that in this woke new world, the definition of being a racist is anyone who disagrees with the belief that all immigrants are the equivalent of the second coming of christ
And who better to ask than someone who appears to 'embrace' political correctness in all its madness.

In simpler terms, anyone who disagrees with their interpretation of what one is. These people believe anything they think is a fact, and not an opinion.

Looking forward to this one :-)
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

subsub

Post by subsub »

paolo wrote:
subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Zambo wrote:

Don't you know the difference? Why do you need me to explain it to you?
WOKE AND PROUD

paolo

Post by paolo »

subsub wrote:
paolo wrote:
subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Ralph wrote:

Don't you know the difference? Why do you need me to explain it to you?

There’s a surprise

Looking forward to the explanation
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

subsub wrote: Don't you know the difference? Why do you need me to explain it to you?

You really don't want to be forced to back up your accusations, do you.
E & OE

subsub

Post by subsub »

Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote: Don't you know the difference? Why do you need me to explain it to you?

What, on whether Katie Hopkins is a racist?
As I've said before, she's either a racist – ie she genuinely believes that bigoted stuff she Tweets on a daily basis – or she's a professional troll who does it to get publicity/clicks/shares etc
Having never met the woman, I don't know. But she has published racist Tweets, no doubt about it.
WOKE AND PROUD

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

subsub wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:

What, on whether Katie Hopkins is a racist?
As I've said before, she's either a racist – ie she genuinely believes that bigoted stuff she Tweets on a daily basis – or she's a professional troll who does it to get publicity/clicks/shares etc
Having never met the woman, I don't know. But she has published racist Tweets, no doubt about it.

You see, this is the nub of the matter.
I was brought up believing that the definition of racism is the belief that people can be inferior or superior to others purely based upon their ethnicity/ colour of their skin, and when those that have this view, act upon it to discriminate (whether positively or negatively).
I have yet to see anything that hopkins has published that ticks the above.
On the other hand I have seen the likes of the black police association do so.

I'll go out on a limb here and guess that you don't agree with my definition (which was the standard one up to a decade or two ago) and I'd like to know what yours is, and how you justify it, and perhaps the example I gave above?
E & OE

AlcoholBrazil

Post by AlcoholBrazil »

Stop nesting quotes....or is it a Russian Babushka Doll thing with you , Paolo ?
6uild 6ack 6etter .
You will own nothing and be happy.

m4rkb

Post by m4rkb »

AlcoholBrazil wrote:Stop nesting quotes....or is it a Russian Babushka Doll thing with you , Paolo ?

I tried to read the thread on a phone earlier and had to scroll down about fifty foot before I even got a vertical stack of single characters.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Ralph wrote:
Zambo wrote:

And there we have the perfect thread moment - Katie Hopkins meets Matthew Hopkins.

It is worth quoting. Very good, Roy. =D> =D>
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Who’s Matthew Hopkins?

Roy Twing

Post by Roy Twing »

Carlos J wrote:
Roy Twing wrote:
subsub wrote: In fairness, Zambo, it's pretty obvious if people are racist or not.

It is worth quoting. Very good, Roy. =D> =D>

Thanks carlos, - I thought it had gone unnoticed, - I was quite pleased with it.
E & OE

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

kancutlawns wrote:Who’s Matthew Hopkins?

Witchfinder General.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?