Sadiq Khan

In-depth debate on all topical issues
The Tick

Re: Sadiq Khan

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:42 pm In my opinion, I see the biggest anger directed at the misuse of public funds in posters opinions.
Not my opinion. It's there in print.

Rowntree

Post by Rowntree »

One of my best mates is currently a leading part of Khan's campaign team.

He's doing it solely for the money.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 250 character limit.

subsub

Post by subsub »

lambrini wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:27 am You're wrong, sub.
No, you just disagree with me.
The Overground is a growing, sprawling line that needed dividing up into manageable sections, and with that comes essential renaming/rebranding, that's just how it is.
Personally, it probably would have made more sense to rename the sections with terms people already use, but that's a separate discussion.

I do recommend watching that video Tick posted, it does give a very clear analysis of the options.
WOKE AND PROUD

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The Tick wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:45 pm
Zambo wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:42 pm In my opinion, I see the biggest anger directed at the misuse of public funds in posters opinions.
Provide the facts and I'll review my opinion.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

TFL didn't need to rename the Overground lines, Tick. I've convincingly argued why. Your strawman argument about updating 'the old map' (lol, wut), minuscule spending and triggering gammons is weak and makes no sense. As Carc, Zambo and I point out, the majority of people are rightly annoyed by the ridiculous cost.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
“Cod philosopher” –Antdad
“The forum's saucy upstart” –Ghost
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

subsub wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:04 pm
lambrini wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:27 am You're wrong, sub.
No, you just disagree with me.
The Overground is a growing, sprawling line that needed dividing up into manageable sections, and with that comes essential renaming/rebranding, that's just how it is.
Personally, it probably would have made more sense to rename the sections with terms people already use, but that's a separate discussion.

I do recommend watching that video Tick posted, it does give a very clear analysis of the options.
With all due respect, Sub, you're wrong on this one. As a Londoner who uses the Overground daily, the current system is easy to navigate, as I outlined in my argument yesterday. It doesn’t require renaming, not for us Londoners or for tourists.
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Rowntree wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:55 pm One of my best mates is currently a leading part of Khan's campaign team.

He's doing it solely for the money.
:lol:

Of course!
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

lambrini wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:27 pm
TFL didn't need to rename the Overground lines, Tick. I've convincingly argued why. Your strawman argument about updating 'the old map' (lol, wut), minuscule spending and triggering gammons is weak and makes no sense. As Carc, Zambo and I point out, the majority of people are rightly annoyed by the ridiculous cost.
No you haven't. You've waffled on from excuse to excuse about cost, efficiency etc, all of which have been dispelled. Your argument boils down to not liking the new names.

The rebranding was in the pipeline for some time and is a pretty helpful scheme, particularly for peole who are visiting London. It's all about the names. Anything else is just a red herring.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

You haven't dispelled anything, just repeated tediously and at infinitum, that the only criticism is related to people seething about names. Moreover, there are no red herrings, just valid opinions that the project wasted 6.3m that could have been spent more wisely elsewhere

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:09 pm You haven't dispelled anything, just repeated tediously and ad infinitum, that the only criticism is related to people seething about names. Moreover, there are no red herrings, just valid opinions that the project wasted 6.3m
They aren't valid opinions, just mindless moaning at a complete non-issue. It's all over the right wing media with people seething about names that represent values that they don't like. Using cost a disingenuous cover for their true motives.

TFL had a public consultation about this and barely a whisper was uttered in protest. Seems that the usual quarters of the media have just seized upon this to get their audience red in the face as usual.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Zambo wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:09 pm You haven't dispelled anything, just repeated tediously and at infinitum, that the only criticism is related to people seething about names. Moreover, there are no red herrings, just valid opinions that the project wasted 6.3m that could have been spent more wisely elsewhere
We're going around in circles, Zammers. Tick will never understand. He doesn’t want to.
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

The Tick wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:02 pm
lambrini wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:27 pm
No you haven't. You've waffled on from excuse to excuse about cost, efficiency etc, all of which have been dispelled. Your argument boils down to not liking the new names.

The rebranding was in the pipeline for some time and is a pretty helpful scheme, particularly for peole who are visiting London. It's all about the names. Anything else is just a red herring.
Nope. You're wrong about this, my dude. You always were.
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

lambrini wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:35 pm
Zambo wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:09 pm You haven't dispelled anything, just repeated tediously and at infinitum, that the only criticism is related to people seething about names. Moreover, there are no red herrings, just valid opinions that the project wasted 6.3m that could have been spent more wisely elsewhere
We're going around in circles, Zammers. Tick will never understand. He doesn’t want to.
Yeah, I'm out, but devastated that I have again lost on the Internet. :D

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Zambo wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:39 pm
Yeah, I'm out, but devastated that I have again lost on the Internet. :D
🫰🏻
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

As a concerned Londoner you had the ability to register your "major concern over matters of cost" to TFL. The consultation cleared the way for the rebranding to take place.

Chances are that you didn't do this. Now the whole renaming has come to pass, you've suddenly decided that it's now a major issue worth fighting against (or at least moaning about on the internet).

You'll have to make do with going around every station with your permanent marker pen scribbling out every reference to the new names while proclaiming that you're making London great again. :D