No longer the Bridesmaid

Re: Radio 2

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Ghkrz DLVRZ
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Has Steve Wright still got his sycophantic posse in tow?
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

JudgeTedd wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:28 pm Has Steve Wright still got his sycophantic posse in tow?
Think it’s Janey and middle aged Tim these days. Don’t they have anything better to do with their time other than be sidekicks for a fatty who talks shite as DJ Silly Boi? I mean seriously. Didn’t Janey use to be a roadie for Queen? She needs to move on with her life. Bobbie Prior does the traffic and walks Sara Cox’s dog around Salford Quay FFS.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

kancutlawns wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:44 pm
JudgeTedd wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:28 pm Has Steve Wright still got his sycophantic posse in tow?
Think it’s Janey and middle aged Tim these days. Don’t they have anything better to do with their time other than be sidekicks for a fatty who talks shite as DJ Silly Boi? I mean seriously. Didn’t Janey use to be a roadie for Queen? She needs to move on with her life. Bobbie Prior does the traffic and walks Sara Cox’s dog around Salford Quay FFS.
Janey used to have her own singer career at one stage. How she ended up being a sidekick on Radio Bland is anyones guess.

Here she is throwing some shapes to a tune that was great back-in-the-day (that’s what the kidz say innit?). Not sure it’s aged too well though.

It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

End of an era. Steve Wright is finishing in September.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Jonathan wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:11 pm End of an era. Steve Wright is finishing in September.
Did well to hang on this long. When I worked in a drawing-office doing maps we had him on in the afternoon (obviously).

The Lovesongs things on Sunday is still gonna be on tho.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Jonathan wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:11 pm End of an era. Steve Wright is finishing in September.
Not my cup of tea, but he was innovative when he was on Radio 1 back in the day.
Started the whole 'posse' thing which almost every other radio DJ does now.
WOKE AND PROUD

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

carcinogen wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:09 am
Did well to hang on this long. When I worked in a drawing-office doing maps we had him on in the afternoon (obviously).

Even made it to the second last bit on BBC 6pm News.

Never a fan of him on R1

Will not and will never listened to R2, push the old fuckers there, best listening ratings on UK radio. yay. Old cunts want to listen to shite and then some music

Only time will tell if hes a good man, rather than a company man.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Carlos J wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:20 am

Never a fan of him on R1

Will not and will never listened to R2, push the old fuckers there, best listening ratings on UK radio. yay. Old cunts want to listen to shite and then some music

Each to their own of course Carlos. Ken Bruce is just the best but he’s old so not for a youngster like you.

I suspect Steve is still under contract so will carry on at the Beeb till that’s done and probably then end up on one of the many commercial stations that churn out repetitive crap music.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Jonathan wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:53 am

Never a fan of him on R1

Each to their own of course Carlos. Ken Bruce is just the best but he’s old so not for a youngster like you.

I suspect Steve is still under contract so will carry on at the Beeb till that’s done and probably then end up on one of the many commercial stations that churn out repetitive crap music.
Greatest Hits Radio most probably although I suspect Steve’s rather more worthy than the current incumbents who reside as fossilised Radio 1 remains like Mark Goodier, Jackie Brambles and Simon Mayo.

gheko

Post by gheko »

Who is replacing him, any news on that?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Jonathan wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:53 am

Never a fan of him on R1

Indeed and fair enough, Jonathan. Never knowingly listen to an music radio, and often on on atranny only.

Radio speech and tranny only, used to be 50% 5 Live. Zero now, bar sport. So TS and The best station, the World Service overnight.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

subsub wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:00 am
Not my cup of tea, but he was innovative when he was on Radio 1 back in the day.
He didn't: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morning_zoo

Steve Wright, copying others in the afternoon doesn'r play as well.

gheko

Post by gheko »

That article says that it started in the USA in 1981 and that Wright did it in 1981.
Did he copy them?

subsub

Post by subsub »

Carlos J wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:25 am
subsub wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:00 am
He didn't: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morning_zoo

Steve Wright, copying others in the afternoon doesn'r play as well.
OK, Mr Pedant, he was the first UK DJ to do so.
WOKE AND PROUD