Suella Braverman

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Sunbeam Alpine

Re: Suella Braverman

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

FFS
The police were given powers to stop protests in certain conditions, including good quality intell re likely harm.
They over-reached on those powers at the coronation, but said that on this occasion their intell did not suggest serious harm from the pro-palestinian protesters. Which was correct.
They are only using the laws THIS GOVERNMENT gave them. Not acting on the whim of a Home Secretary.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Plod doesn't seem to be using the laws the Government has given them, whether this Government of any other.
There has been footage posted on the internet of police standing by whilst protestors shout anti Jewish slogans and supporting a proscribed organisation, without any action by the police.
Whilst I have no love for Mrs Braverman, IMO only, of course, she was saying what many others think, that the police pick and choose which powers they want to exercise.
This, of course, is nothing new, I don't suppose many remember the sight of Abu Hamza, having been chucked out of Finsbury Park Mosque, stood outside the Mosque 'preaching' his version of Islam, obstructing the highway and promoting hate, all the while being watched by several lplod, obviously there to protect him in case anyone took a swipe at him.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:36 pm FFS
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

birdie wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:49 pm Whilst I have no love for Mrs Braverman, IMO only, of course, she was saying what many others think, that the police pick and choose which powers they want to exercise.
Well apparently this is why she was sacked, and if true I entirely agree with you. You shouldn't get the sack for accusing inconsistency, and/or speaking the truth. Having said that, I don't think she was very good at her job, despite the fact that she met obstacles every time she tried to do it. You need to ask why she met the obstacles.

Why UK Home Secretary Suella Braverman was sacked. The UK's Home Secretary, Suella Braverman has been sacked over her stance on pro-Palestine marches and criticism of the police for being too lenient with protesters.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Bitter or what. But she ain't wrong. Sunak has fucked the lot.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67420331

birdie

Post by birdie »

Isobel Oakeshott threw in an interesting nugget on Politics Live this morning, she suggested that there was a deep rift between Sunak and Braverman as regards the Ruanda policy and stopping the boats.
It seems to me that there is chatter that Sunak was undermining Braverman in her efforts to stop the boats, and when the ruling on the Ruanda policy is made in the High Court tomorrow it will be interesting to see what Braverman says about it, and if it comes out that Sunak was undermining her it would be more than just a smoking gun for those who already want Sunak replaced.
https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=5e5952ed ... aXNl&ntb=1

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Will be interesting to see how this develops.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Suella setting herself up as the gammon martyr.

She's guaranteed her own GB News show.

birdie

Post by birdie »

Zambo wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:40 pm Will be interesting to see how this develops.
Indeed it will, to paraphrase, you can take the boy out of x but you cant take x out of the boy :lol: :lol:

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

Zambo wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:17 pm Bitter or what. But she ain't wrong. Sunak has fucked the lot.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67420331
Poor little Suella. Not many fans on twitter:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

birdie

Post by birdie »

Love her or hate her it cant be denied that she hasn't held anything back.
She's not stupid and I don't suppose she's written anything that she cant corroborate, should push come to shove.
She mentions that she submitted a document setting out her 'conditions' before accepting her appointment, so I suppose she has that in hand to prove that Sunak has gone back, for want of a better description, on his promises.
One thing for sure, just like the late Diane, 'she wont go quietly'.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

birdie wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:14 pm She's not stupid
:D

She's managed to get herself sacked from the same job twice in one year. Failed to deliver on her core promises to her followers. She managed to make her commentary on the police backfire spectacularly last Saturday. She's also been outwitted by rishi sunak.

If that's "not stupid", then Britain's expectations of its elected officials can't be very high.

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

birdie wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:14 pm Love her or hate her it cant be denied that she hasn't held anything back.
She's not stupid and I don't suppose she's written anything that she cant corroborate, should push come to shove.
She mentions that she submitted a document setting out her 'conditions' before accepting her appointment, so I suppose she has that in hand to prove that Sunak has gone back, for want of a better description, on his promises.
Moaning that old Sunak didn't have a mandate from the British public, yet she would happily work for him if he agreed to her 'conditions'. :roll:

Nothing more than a political whore.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

birdie

Post by birdie »

Carlos J wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:03 pm
birdie wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:14 pm Love her or hate her it cant be denied that she hasn't held anything back.
Moaning that old Sunak didn't have a mandate from the British public, yet she would happily work for him if he agreed to her 'conditions'. :roll:

Nothing more than a political whore.
That can equally apply to any one of them in the Commons. How many of them sat at the same table with Johnson and then stabbed him in the back, how many of them sat at the same table with Corbyn campaigning for him to become PM and now want to distance themselves from him.
It's one for all and every man Jack for himself.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

birdie wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:21 pm That can equally apply to any one of them in the Commons. How many of them sat at the same table with Johnson and then stabbed him in the back,
Stabbed him in the back?

The cunt took the piss on an absolutely unprecedented scale. If anything he should be stabbed in the eyes.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe