Criminal sanctions for BBC bias

In-depth debate on all topical issues
subsub

Re: Criminal sanctions for BBC bias

Post by subsub »

Royal24s wrote:You'd need a pretty superficial grasp of your own views if they were likely to be reversed by someone in a chat room.
That could happen of course, but it's unlikely because most normal people have already considered learned arguments on all sides by the time they're you age, and now joined the ranks of one side or the other. The wishy washy stance you recommend is more suitable for a teenager than a mature person.

Anyway, as usual the point I was making flew over your head. I was saying that the expectation of a News provider with a statutory duty to be impartial does not apply to a private individual stating undisguised opinion.

Good luck in working out some opinions of your own before you retire
Royal24s' entire contribution to this forum neatly summed up in one post. Yep, all boxes ticked :mrgreen:
WOKE AND PROUD

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Zambo wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Zambo wrote:In other words you are prejudiced if you are not prepared to hear what others have to say and evaluate that against your own views. I don't see the point of being involved in debate and discussion with that mentality, bcause all you are doing is preaching on a soap box with ear plugs in, calling anyone elses views 'crackpot'
Yeah, well I would equally say that there's very little point in putting forward an argument unless you've thought it through properly and formed an opinion before you advocate it.
You'd need a pretty superficial grasp of your own views if they were likely to be reversed by someone in a chat room.
That could happen of course, but it's unlikely because most normal people have already considered learned arguments on all sides by the time they're you age, and now joined the ranks of one side or the other. The wishy washy stance you recommend is more suitable for a teenager than a mature person.

Anyway, as usual the point I was making flew over your head. I was saying that the expectation of a News provider with a statutory duty to be impartial does not apply to a private individual stating undisguised opinion.

Good luck in working out some opinions of your own before you retire.
Nothing flew over my head. You have described exactly the reason you post on this forum. However, I will agree that it's got everything to do with the difference between a media source expressing facts, and an individual on a message board posting opinions, and you were sussed out by most a long time ago in that department. You don't post opinions in your mind, you post fact, and no one can argue or compete because they aren't fit to lick your shoes. You are better educated, had more experience as you've been a junior constable and seen the whole wide world.

I know my place.

Why do you keep on with this "junior constable" bollocks. For a start , there's nothing whatever wrong with being a junior constable as you put it. It's more than you've ever been and they're the ones who make things run, so don't put them down. For your information though, I did advance a bit beyond that.

Not the point really , but I can't allow someone like you to crap on the heads of dedicated people who risk their safety to protect the public as a side issue to your moronic insults.

I repeat that I have never hidden the fact that I have strong opinions which I express strongly. I am entitled to do that and I'm sure that anyone who reads them will view them as being partisan and forceful. It is my belief that important issues should be pursued strongly in the face of opposite philosophies which I regard as destructive, and I shall continue to do so. In this way, it is possible to achieve results , as we can see by the achievements of President Trump. Simply complaining occasionally about the various excesses of the globalists and the pervasive State, as you do, can have no actual outcome in the real world.
I'm not concerned about seeming reasonable or open to counter arguments from knaves and traitors , so please don't expect it from me.

You are perfectly free to continue to express yourself in your own way. I can't see much point in it myself, but it's your choice and I don't attack you for it. I wish you would get off my case in this respect - please disagree with anything I say, but it's tiresome when you continually attack me on a personal level - entirely ineffective, but nonetheless tiresome.

You seem unclear about what you believe in, and very random in your shallow opinions. Frankly, I get the impression that your understanding of the issues is inadequate , and I only say this because you insist upon trying to enforce such mediocrity and weak character on others . Now, as I say, this is your own affair, but even if you cannot desist from your little barbs, I should like you to be quite clear that you will not dictate to me what I say or how I say it.

You have some allies in Hillman and to some extent Ralph. However, I have a great deal more respect for each of them because at least they have clear beliefs and the courage of their own convictions when expressing them . I also respect their right to argue their position even though might disagree strongly with them and say so, but your endless bitchy little attacks don't seem to go anywhere except an apparent wish that everyone should be as directionless and intellectually passive as yourself.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Lychees

Post by Lychees »

The BBC is a great British institution like the Health service, that will only really be appreciated once it is gone. The knuckle dragging , frothing at the mouth right wing wants to destroy both and probably will in time. A great shame.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Royal24s wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Zambo wrote:In other words you are prejudiced if you are not prepared to hear what others have to say and evaluate that against your own views. I don't see the point of being involved in debate and discussion with that mentality, bcause all you are doing is preaching on a soap box with ear plugs in, calling anyone elses views 'crackpot'
Yeah, well I would equally say that there's very little point in putting forward an argument unless you've thought it through properly and formed an opinion before you advocate it.
You'd need a pretty superficial grasp of your own views if they were likely to be reversed by someone in a chat room.

Nothing flew over my head. You have described exactly the reason you post on this forum. However, I will agree that it's got everything to do with the difference between a media source expressing facts, and an individual on a message board posting opinions, and you were sussed out by most a long time ago in that department. You don't post opinions in your mind, you post fact, and no one can argue or compete because they aren't fit to lick your shoes. You are better educated, had more experience as you've been a junior constable and seen the whole wide world.

I know my place.

Why do you keep on with this "junior constable" bollocks. For a start , there's nothing whatever wrong with being a junior constable as you put it. It's more than you've ever been and they're the ones who make things run, so don't put them down. For your information though, I did advance a bit beyond that.

Not the point really , but I can't allow someone like you to crap on the heads of dedicated people who risk their safety to protect the public as a side issue to your moronic insults.

I repeat that I have never hidden the fact that I have strong opinions which I express strongly. I am entitled to do that and I'm sure that anyone who reads them will view them as being partisan and forceful. It is my belief that important issues should be pursued strongly in the face of opposite philosophies which I regard as destructive, and I shall continue to do so. In this way, it is possible to achieve results , as we can see by the achievements of President Trump. Simply complaining occasionally about the various excesses of the globalists and the pervasive State, as you do, can have no actual outcome in the real world.
I'm not concerned about seeming reasonable or open to counter arguments from knaves and traitors , so please don't expect it from me.

You are perfectly free to continue to express yourself in your own way. I can't see much point in it myself, but it's your choice and I don't attack you for it. I wish you would get off my case in this respect - please disagree with anything I say, but it's tiresome when you continually attack me on a personal level - entirely ineffective, but nonetheless tiresome.

You seem unclear about what you believe in, and very random in your shallow opinions. Frankly, I get the impression that your understanding of the issues is inadequate , and I only say this because you insist upon trying to enforce such mediocrity and weak character on others . Now, as I say, this is your own affair, but even if you cannot desist from your little barbs, I should like you to be quite clear that you will not dictate to me what I say or how I say it.

You have some allies in Hillman and to some extent Ralph. However, I have a great deal more respect for each of them because at least they have clear beliefs and the courage of their own convictions when expressing them . I also respect their right to argue their position even though might disagree strongly with them and say so, but your endless bitchy little attacks don't seem to go anywhere except an apparent wish that everyone should be as directionless and intellectually passive as yourself.
Why so furious. Calm down dear, you've already put me in my place.

However, this has nothing to do with strong opinions JC, it's the way you dismiss others like they are a piece of shit on the bottom of your shoe when they disagree with you, 'they are directionless and intellectually passive' or they are just mediocre with a weak character :D

People aren't weak just because they don't treat people who disagree with them as plebs. Surely the person who acknowledges those who disagree with them to be on a the same level from an intellectual stand point or any other, is the one with the stronger character. Not the one who dismisses them as halfwits as you do.

I think it's clear why you didn't make it past the one year probation period Royals, I bet the sarge couldn't wait to get shot of someone stuck as far up their own arsehole as you.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

Lychees

Post by Lychees »

Zambo wrote:
Royal24s wrote:
Zambo wrote:
Royal24s wrote:

I know my place.

Why so furious. Calm down dear, you've already put me in my place.

However, this has nothing to do with strong opinions JC, it's the way you dismiss others like they are a piece of shit on the bottom of your shoe when they disagree with you, 'they are directionless and intellectually passive' or they are just mediocre with a weak character :D

People aren't weak just because they don't treat people who disagree with them as plebs. Surely the person who acknowledges those who disagree with them to be on a the same level from an intellectual stand point or any other, is the one with the stronger character. Not the one who dismisses them as halfwits as you do.

I think it's clear why you didn't make it past the one year probation period Royals, I bet the sarge couldn't wait to get shot of someone stuck as far up their own arsehole as you.
You ought to calm down yourself before you give out your pathetic advice.

You come across as very arrogant in manner in which you rubbish views that you disagree with

You do consider those posters that go against your opinions and views as "cunts", terrorists" "morons" and other such name-calling.

If there is anyone that really is stuck up their own arshole on here its clearly you.

PG30

Post by PG30 »

Lychees wrote:The BBC is a great British institution like the Health service, that will only really be appreciated once it is gone. The knuckle dragging , frothing at the mouth right wing wants to destroy both and probably will in time. A great shame.
With the daily mail owning 20% of ITV and the sun and sky run by murdoch, I can see why it's in their best interest to try and turn their readers against the beeb. I can also see a lot of the right wing press being uncomfortable with the size of the beebs web presence.

Is it just simply people object to paying the £120 a year?

I'm happy paying that amount for the great Olympic coverage, 6 music and Attenborough programs.

Lychees

Post by Lychees »

PG30 wrote:
Lychees wrote:The BBC is a great British institution like the Health service, that will only really be appreciated once it is gone. The knuckle dragging , frothing at the mouth right wing wants to destroy both and probably will in time. A great shame.
With the daily mail owning 20% of ITV and the sun and sky run by murdoch, I can see why it's in their best interest to try and turn their readers against the beeb. I can also see a lot of the right wing press being uncomfortable with the size of the beebs web presence.

Is it just simply people object to paying the £120 a year?

I'm happy paying that amount for the great Olympic coverage, 6 music and Attenborough programs.
The Murdoch owned press have been campaigning against the BBC since 1998 as far as i can remember. The Daily Mail is just pure trash and a joke but unfortunately it does shape the minds of a few complete basket cases who can't think impartially or rationally

The BBC is far cheaper than SKY.

Unfortunately its pointless debating this with Zambo because he is like those Jonestown/David Koresh branch davidian types ---utterly brainwashed by the Daily Mail and refuses to get his head out of Littlejohns arse.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Yet he doesn't actually understand any of it. I've said before that he's the Jon Gaunt of Debate and Discussion - spouting phrases which he's heard because he imagines that it makes him sound down to earth and patriotic. Like the fat man himself though,he gets stuck if you ask him to justify it and often wanders unwittingly into the most idiotic form of socialist thinking.
In this case, he suggests that everyone is equal on an intellectual basis, which is patently untrue. What he means is that he WISHES they were, and that he therefore thinks we should all PRETEND that they are.
Yes he occasionally espouses what seem like conservative and patriotic beliefs, but as he admits here, he isn't convinced that they're any better than the opposite philosophy.
I mean, I don't care particularly because it's most unlikely that I'd ever meet him on a social basis, but I find it depressing that he's got nothing better to do than try to bully others into accepting his particular intellectual level as the norm.
As I said - our very own Jon Gaunt.

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Any chance that we could get back onto the subject ?