theleader82

Re: Flintoff

Post by theleader82 »

chelseachelsea wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:08 pm
theleader82 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 6:00 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:54 pm
theleader82 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:27 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:19 pm
theleader82 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:16 pm Flintoffs gone back to cricket now he won’t getting any more modelling gigs with jacamo etc.
Isn’t he doing a lot of work getting young people involved in rehabilitation and integrated into society with meaningful work? Seems like a productive use of his effort instead of props taking the piss out of weight and mental health issues he has.
I don’t know about that. He did that show with James corden and redknapp which was a poor man’s they think it’s all over . I was hoping he’d go back to top gear
Freddie Flintoff’s Field of Dreams. Very inspiring.

He also suffered serious facial injuries after a car crash nine months ago.

Not had the best time of it and he did seem to be portrayed as an overweight buffoon, which is quite unfair and quite typical of the tabloid scum.
Yes I enjoyed that. It’s a shame lots of cricket clubs are being lost for housing estates. It should be played in state schools, it’s possible with the short formats .
I was playing club cricket 50 years ago as a colt, and at Grammar School from 11 to 16 and it was all short formats. 20 overs an Innings for evening matches, Saturday and Sunday were timed start at 2pm whoever batted first went on till 4;30pm, tea until 5pm, then next team batted to 6pm before last 20 overs came in to finish.
It seems to be a private school sport these days. That’s why it’s great people like moeen Ali and flint off break through.
Man U and rangers

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

Flintoff is being paid £9 millions compensation by the beeb, our money. Defund now . A journeyman all rounder
Man U and rangers

antdad

Post by antdad »

BBC Studios is a private company and their insurance will cover it.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

antdad wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:44 am BBC Studios is a private company and their insurance will cover it.
Exactly but that doesn’t suit the narrative. A classic case of someone not reading the article properly.

paolo

Post by paolo »

i wonder who pays for the state sponsored broadcaster's insurance?

9 mill to come looking like simon weston crossed with freddy krueger
Poster of the Year

End the Woke

End Israeli Genocide

Stop The Planned War On Iraq & Iran

End The WEF, World Bank & Other Corrupt Scumbags

Supporting African Indepedence

End The Tyranny Of The Dollar

Supporting Texas

antdad

Post by antdad »

It's a £2billion company so I'd expect it pays it's own premiums.

Just looked it up, he crashed a three wheeled Morgan doing 120mph. Not sure how relevant it is but I always thought he was a bit of a reckless driver whenever I saw him on a TG challange, fast but lacking ability.

subsub

Post by subsub »

antdad wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:07 am It's a £2billion company so I'd expect it pays it's own premiums.

Just looked it up, he crashed a three wheeled Morgan doing 120mph. Not sure how relevant it is but I always thought he was a bit of a reckless driver whenever I saw him on a TG challange, fast but lacking ability.
He was actually going at just 22mph but chose not to wear a helmet.
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

theleader82 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:25 am Flintoff is being paid £9 millions compensation by the beeb, our money. Defund now . A journeyman all rounder
I'm not sure you understand what the word 'journeyman' means... :rolleyes:
WOKE AND PROUD

antdad

Post by antdad »

subsub wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:37 am
antdad wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:07 am It's a £2billion company so I'd expect it pays it's own premiums.

I've read from more than one source it was very high speed and if it was a race or stunt he wouldn't have had a choice about the helmet especially in an open topped three wheeled car.

subsub

Post by subsub »

antdad wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:01 am
subsub wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:37 am

I've read from more than one source it was very high speed and if it was a race or stunt he wouldn't have had a choice about the helmet especially in an open topped three wheeled car.
It was initially reported that he was going at 100mph+, but no, it was just over 20mph, it has transpired.
WOKE AND PROUD

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

TWENTY IS PLENTY
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

antdad

Post by antdad »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:40 am TWENTY IS PLENTY
Seems to be...

https://www.lep.co.uk/news/people/fredd ... er-4367489

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Amazing how some just don’t get it. 242M profit suggests it’s a highly successful company.

finchman

Post by finchman »

Andrew is a pretentious cunt.
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

9 to 5

Post by 9 to 5 »

theleader82 wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:25 am Flintoff is being paid £9 millions compensation by the beeb, our money. Defund now . A journeyman all rounder
Do you pay the licence fee?