World Cup General Stuff

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: World Cup General Stuff

Post by Carlos J »

kancutlawns wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:37 pm Matches on at 1000, 1300, 1600 and 1900 hours.

This tournament really isn't for UK/European audiences is it? :(
Hello, the draw and times were sorted last year.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Carlos J wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:46 pm
kancutlawns wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:37 pm Matches on at 1000, 1300, 1600 and 1900 hours.

I know. I was commenting on the KO times which no one else has. Whether this was alluded to last year or this is of no consequence, Shirley?

Carlos J
Forum Admin

Post by Carlos J »

kancutlawns wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:49 pm
Carlos J wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:46 pm

I know. I was commenting on the KO times which no one else has. Whether this was alluded to last year or this is of no consequence, Shirley?
It is of consequence, I took time to look here, read and reply. :D
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

I thank you for your consideration. :)

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

black_guardian wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:31 pm I'm going with a few mates to watch some knockout games in the first week of December. Accommodation and flights sorted... Can't wait.
A guy at work has just come back from a weeks holiday. His plan of taking duty free in failed, they took it off him and he got it back on departure. No bars around as such, everything was in hotels. Average price of a pint varied from £12-£15 a pint.

He said the stadiums look great.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Fifteen pounds for a warm carling
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

Jonathan wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:22 pm
black_guardian wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:31 pm I'm going with a few mates to watch some knockout games in the first week of December. Accommodation and flights sorted... Can't wait.
A guy at work has just come back from a weeks holiday. His plan of taking duty free in failed, they took it off him and he got it back on departure. No bars around as such, everything was in hotels. Average price of a pint varied from £12-£15 a pint.

He said the stadiums look great.
A mate of mine said the stadiums are superb.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

Anyone got their World Cup wall chart for virgins yet?

How about your Panini sticker book for virgins?

Tragic virgins.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:24 pm Fifteen pounds for a warm carling
Still probably cheaper than Sweden or Iceland. Just sayin'...
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

black_guardian

Post by black_guardian »

Sadact7 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:27 pm Anyone got their World Cup wall chart for virgins yet?

How about your Panini sticker book for virgins?

Tragic virgins.
I did them from Mexico 86 for years, vowing to only stop when England actually did something in a tournament (that didn't last!) I did manage to get the reprints when the Telegraph did then in 1998 but they all turned to shite around that time when image rights can't into it and the players' heads were (very badly) photoshopped onto random bodies.

Still better than Merlin though.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Eight days to go to the start of the World Cup and a complete indifference to the tournament. Hardly seen any adverts or bigging up of it. Not seen anything up in the supermarkets promoting it. Looks like it’s an encumbrance and probably having a bland, clueless cunt of a national coach like Southgate with terrible form and picking shite players like Hazza M.

Serious question and taking away the Human Rights issue because we’ve previously participated in tournaments in countries where a despot has gone on to launch a full on military assault on another sovereign state, an African nation with serious law and order issues, even though we didn’t qualify where a fascist military junta was in charge and one where a devastating earthquake had happened a year ago.

Is it that we have had our noses put out of joint by not having it in the west? We see the power game switched to the Middle East in front of our eyes and we don’t like it? People will watch it, we can’t ignore it, the players, huge conglomerate sponsors, pundits, etc won’t boycott it. We’re going to follow it because that’s what we do and there’s fuck all on during early winter as well.

Personally I’m not for there being no Premier League football for six weeks, this is a big shit but the UAE and Saudi have gradually started hosting high profile sports events like F1 Grand Prix, boxing, golf and other stuff so let them have the World Cup too. Don’t think there will be any public shows of protests, pockets will probably be stamped out immediately and won’t make the news. Still at least we can laugh at the Welsh.

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Seeing the usual panoply of smug, gurning, overpaid, tv presenters and pundits over there puts me right off watching it. I'll probably watch a game or two if I'm around, but will avoid all the build-up bullshit where possible. I feel the same way about athletics now too which is a shame because I always enjoyed The Olympics, but that's as fucking rancid as the WC in terms of corruption and sportswashing.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

As shite as Farley is, some of this vid impersonations are actually reasonably good. Took me a while to work out at 1:31 that he was doing Simon Jordan.

finchman

Post by finchman »

Why does his Harry Kane sound like a retard?
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Because accuracy
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN