BBC Obsessed with US Politics

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Darkyboy

Re: BBC Obsessed with US Politics

Post by Darkyboy »

Hillman avenger wrote:
Darkyboy wrote:They are obsessed with criticising Trump. Today's headline "May urged to tackle Trump on torture." Do they seriously think Trump is going to be told what to do by the British PM? Yesterday they labelled the wall between the U.S. and Mexico as controversial; yet allowing millions of illegal immigrants into America isn't controversial? They have an agenda and they are sticking with it.
So that is criticising Trump is it?

She is going to see him and she is getting advice from people as to what if anything she does or says. What is wrong with that? Like you I doubt he will listen, but then he doesn't seem to listen to ayone. For what it's worth, he can at least be told that we do not support it.

And yes the wall is controversial, in the US as well as here. So is the illegal immigrant problem. Millions do not simply walk across, wall or no wall. Most come in by a short-term visa but don't leave. There are maasive legal, engineering and financial implications in what he is doing and it SHOULD be controversial.

Why are people so touchy on his behalf?
By all means, May should say we do not support torture, but by saying that she should "tackle" Trump, it implies arguing; it is emotive language. Why not just say she should discuss torture? It seems that the BBC are determined to go down the tabloid route, rather than just report news.

With regard to immigration, I do not remember the BBC reporting Obama's immigration reforms as "controversial", yet they were.

If some people are touchy, it's because the tone of BBC reporting is so different to his predecessor.
Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, we are free at last.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

It's not because the BBC reporting is different, it's because THEY are different.

Trump's the ultimate chav.

I don't remember how Obama's immigration reforms were reported, but I do know the ACA was correctly described as contoroversial. It was.

BTW I can recall Trump-and others here- criticising Obama for the use of Executive Orders. Yet in his first week Trump has been knocking them out daily.

And you need to distinguish between what journalists, etc, say while on BBC programmes, and what "the BBC thinks".
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

The BBC is a complete waste of money and I resent paying for their service and paying wages to the nonces they have employed and covered for.

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Hillman avenger wrote:It's not because the BBC reporting is different, it's because THEY are different.

I don't remember how Obama's immigration reforms were reported, but I do know the ACA was correctly described as contoroversial. It was.

BTW I can recall Trump-and others here- criticising Obama for the use of Executive Orders. Yet in his first week Trump has been knocking them out daily.

And you need to distinguish between what journalists, etc, say while on BBC programmes, and what "the BBC thinks".
You see Hillman, you are using emotive language about Trump. :) I guess as a BBC supporter, that is inevitable.

The BBC is supposed to be impartial yet it is not. I'm not talking about opinion pieces by journalists or guests on discussion panels, I'm talking about headlines and reports on the website. I keep making this point, as do others on here, that they are biased. The public has an expectation that the BBC is neutral on political matters, but clearly they are not.

Hillman avenger

Post by Hillman avenger »

I see . I am emotional, am I, while you are being rational.

Of course.

You need to distinguish between people saying Trump is a laughing-stock/disaster/Putin puppet (and many are) and the BBC saying it themselves.

They don't need to knock him anyway. He invites ridicule without prompting, the wall being the current example.

How about you give us examples?
Listen to Talksport and let it be a lesson to you

Rossco

Post by Rossco »

Hillman avenger wrote:It's not because the BBC reporting is different, it's because THEY are different.

The BBC are a bunch of parasites on many levels. PC agenda, Globalist lap dogs and protector and promoter of pedophiles.

May it rot and burn in hell.
Psalm 23 - The Lord Is My Shepherd

Ezekiel 25:17

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

I can't watch anything on the BBC .. even their nature programmes or the one with houses built in unusual places .. beautifully shot big deal moronic pile of poxy educated ol shit. The one about the prostitutes in Leeds .. fuck me insulting bollocks !
Their news is a fucking disgrace !!!

Darkyboy

Post by Darkyboy »

Hillman avenger wrote:I see . I am emotional, am I, while you are being rational.

Of course.

You need to distinguish between people saying Trump is a laughing-stock/disaster/Putin puppet (and many are) and the BBC saying it themselves.

They don't need to knock him anyway. He invites ridicule without prompting, the wall being the current example.

How about you give us examples?
You called Trump a chav, a laughing stock, Putin puppet That's hardly rational language is it? I haven't used any disparaging terms about the BBC or Obama. I have just said the BBC is biased and is supposed to be impartial. I could have called them "leftie scum" or "commies" or whatever, but I haven't.

Lots of examples of bias were given in the other BBC bias threads, in debate and discussion. As far as I can remember they were mostly headline articles from the website and not just opinion pieces. If the reports are not attributable to a particular reporter, then they come across as factual; when many reports are not. As for opinion pieces, where were the positive Trump ones?

Desolation

Post by Desolation »

The BBC has been winding me up for a quite a while now. Biased beyond belief and infested with liberal fuck nuggets spewing PC bullshit. Not in my name.
Proud Gammon and imperious Little Englander!

m4 colin

Post by m4 colin »

Commies pinko liberal faggots n kiddie fiddlers :x

Oh dear I forgotLiars
I heard gods fast but I'd have to go up against him before I believe it

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Hillman avenger wrote:I see it now.

You can't deal with reality , so you create a little world with other people who have the same problem, and you all tell each other you are right.
Yeah and you create a little world where we can trust the politicians and the BBC, but everyone tells you that you're wrong.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

Royal24s

Post by Royal24s »

Yeah, what a bloody chav the unimaginably wealthy and successful President of the United States and leader of the Western World is !
I bet you have a bloody good laugh at him with your mates in Toxteth -what a wanker !

Incidentally, the reason he's using EOs to reverse Obamas Fuck ups is because that's how he cheated them into being in the first place. That's the only remedy to an EO you see - another one cancelling it.
You need to distinguish between what journalists say while on BBC programmes and the truth.
'"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,
That is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know".

subsub

Post by subsub »

Fug1 wrote:The BBC is a complete waste of money and I resent paying for their service
Why do you, then?
WOKE AND PROUD

subsub

Post by subsub »

Royal24s wrote:You need to distinguish between what journalists say while on BBC programmes and the truth
If the BBC can't be trusted, then which TV stations should we be watching to get a fair representation of world events?
WOKE AND PROUD

Fug1

Post by Fug1 »

subsub wrote:
Fug1 wrote:The BBC is a complete waste of money and I resent paying for their service
Why do you, then?

Because it's the law, and I cannot handle the threats if I didn't pay.

If they gave me a choice I certainly wouldn't