General Election ‘24

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Vespa

Re: General Election ‘24

Post by Vespa »

lambrini wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:07 pm The election will come as an enormous relief for the nation. Plus, it'll give the Tories an opportunity to take stock and clearly understand how the public feels – if they take the opportunity, that is.
Hopefully they'll decide not to become Reform 2.0.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

Again the majority of fuckwits won't read it as it's Littlejohn and Daily Mail, but I found it a good read, with a few tongue in cheek suggestions.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/columnists/ ... festo.html

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

chelseachelsea wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:13 pm Again the majority of fuckwits won't read it as it's Littlejohn and Daily Mail, but I found it a good read, with a few tongue in cheek suggestions.

It's behind a paywall and he lives in Florida.

subsub

Post by subsub »

Vespa wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:16 am
chelseachelsea wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:13 pm Again the majority of fuckwits won't read it as it's Littlejohn and Daily Mail, but I found it a good read, with a few tongue in cheek suggestions.

:lol:
WOKE AND PROUD

antdad

Post by antdad »

Oh dear. Storming Starma was a flavourless sausage on R4 Today, only two days in.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Vespa wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:16 am
chelseachelsea wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:13 pm :) :)
Again the majority of fuckwits won't read it as it's Littlejohn and Daily Mail, but I found it a good read, with a few tongue in cheek suggestions.

The next question is are there any fuckwits about who actually pay to read it :)

hitlersboots

Post by hitlersboots »

A six week election campaign !! Well that's the vast majority of us avoiding news/tv/social media for the next six weeks - mind you most of us do that anyway.

So what do you think will happen at the election?

At the moment I'll go for -
Con 10%
Lab 20%
Others 10%
Undecided 20%
They Can All Fuck Off 40%

That's a lot of undecided people for the Tories to go for but as a right wing person I accept they don't deserve to stay on.

So Labour 350+ seats.
Talkforum is a truly appalling website.

birdie

Post by birdie »

I'm fed up to the back teeth with it already, and it's only day 2, still, it's good to know that the rest of the world has stood still, well, according to the news media anyway.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

hitlersboots wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:17 am A six week election campaign !! Well that's the vast majority of us avoiding news/tv/social media for the next six weeks - mind you most of us do that anyway.

So what do you think will happen at the election?

At the moment I'll go for -
Con 10%
Lab 20%
Others 10%
Undecided 20%
They Can All Fuck Off 40%

That's a lot of undecided people for the Tories to go for but as a right wing person I accept they don't deserve to stay on.

So Labour 350+ seats.
Yep let's just skip to that, then ten days into "power" Clark Kent has a nervous breakdown and CopperBush gets another err house upgrade
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Salem

Post by Salem »

The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:21 am Yep let's just skip to that, then ten days into "power" Clark Kent has a nervous breakdown and CopperBush gets another err house upgrade
To be fair , that's one politician i could get behind :smt047
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

Vespa

Post by Vespa »

antdad wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:54 am Oh dear. Storming Starma was a flavourless sausage on R4 Today, only two days in.
I think Sunak is going to play the scrappy underdog in 100% stage managed events. Starmer is going to play the reliable middle manager in 90% staged managed events because unlike Sunak he seems able to talk to humans.

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Salem wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:44 am
The Ghost of Alex Higgins wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:21 am Yep let's just skip to that, then ten days into "power" Clark Kent has a nervous breakdown and CopperBush gets another err house upgrade
To be fair , that's one politician i could get behind :smt047
RayRay n Morders, hung parliament, settle down now
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

antdad

Post by antdad »

Vespa wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:46 am
antdad wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:54 am Oh dear. Storming Starma was a flavourless sausage on R4 Today, only two days in.
I think Sunak is going to play the scrappy underdog in 100% stage managed events. Starmer is going to play the reliable middle manager in 90% staged managed events because unlike Sunak he seems able to talk to humans.
Probably, which is also why he's hedging towards TV debates where Rishi's tech bro grasp of the detail will he thinks give him an advantage but it'll just end up being a meaningless stat bash wank fest. Still, genuinely shocked how poor Starmer was this morning on the radio.

birdie

Post by birdie »

antdad wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 11:16 am
Vespa wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:46 am
Probably, which is also why he's hedging towards TV debates where Rishi's tech bro grasp of the detail will he thinks give him an advantage but it'll just end up being a meaningless stat bash wank fest. Still, genuinely shocked how poor Starmer was this morning on the radio.
Starmer has always been poor, whether on the radio or at PMQ''s, he doesn't seem able to process the answer to the question but just reads off his script, like one of those cold call bods reading who have to get to the bottom of the page before he gets cut off.
If the London Borough of Barnet isn't in London where is it?

I'll say soccer whenever I want to soccer soccer soccer soccer bloody soccer
Sent from my Advent Monza S200 so bloody old I can't remember when I bought it

JimmyDee

Post by JimmyDee »

Oh, fucking hell ... they want a Debate between the leaders.
At least an hour of Prime-time TV given over to something no-one wants and no-one needs and which no ordinary voter will watch.
What a marvellous use of all the Earth's electricity.
"I let you speak, now you let me speak" and so on.

Just interview them one at a time, if you absolutely have to, and then clip the highlights to Youtube or "X-formerly-Twitter", and then fuck off.
Most people, let's face it, know right now how they'll vote. What's the fucking point in any of this? :-)
"You don't have a world-view by just saying you hate Trump" - Norm Macdonald

"It seems as if every time I turn the station on at the moment this fucking mouth breather is polluting the airwaves with untrammeled bollocks." - MGA99