The Premier League - Season 2023/24

Anything sportlike
Carlos J
Forum Admin

Re: The Premier League - Season 2023/24

Post by Carlos J »

Anyway, lol at Spuds, moreso as they get one back and get excited. :lol:
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline.

Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

How did Oliver miss that?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:25 pm Perhaps, Zambo, with your refereeing wisdom which enabled you at Liverpool-Brighton to see through players' bodies, you could explain to me....

Yesterday WH-Liv second half Liverpool attacked and Areola believed they had committed a foul in the build-up. So when he got the ball he rolled it in front of him as if to take a free-kick. But Taylor had no given a foul and Gakpo ran on intending to hit the loose ball into the net. THEN Taylor whistled for some unknown reason, picked up the ball and rolled it to Areola. Any idea?
Yeah, I've got a very good idea. For once we saw a referee showing some commonsense.

Areola was fouled by Gakpo. Initially the referee allowed play to continue, as the keeper was in possession of the ball. When the keeper released the ball, he appeared to have sustained an injury. The referee then blew his whistle, believing that the keeper was unable to take the advantage of possession.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

I remember the not so old saying....
Liverpool Football Club

Built by Shanks,
Ruined by Yanks,
Watched by Planks,
Laughed at by Mancs.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Why is booing your manager a sign of bad behaviour, though? Every club has had some awful coaches who deserve it.

It doesn't make you superfans because you always back them (which you don't anyway).

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

Zambo wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:53 pm
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:25 pm Perhaps, Zambo, with your refereeing wisdom which enabled you at Liverpool-Brighton to see through players' bodies, you could explain to me....

Yesterday WH-Liv second half Liverpool attacked and Areola believed they had committed a foul in the build-up. So when he got the ball he rolled it in front of him as if to take a free-kick. But Taylor had no given a foul and Gakpo ran on intending to hit the loose ball into the net. THEN Taylor whistled for some unknown reason, picked up the ball and rolled it to Areola. Any idea?
Yeah, I've got a very good idea. For once we saw a referee showing some commonsense.

Areola was fouled by Gakpo. Initially the referee allowed play to continue, as the keeper was in possession of the ball. When the keeper released the ball, he appeared to have sustained an injury. The referee then blew his whistle, believing that the keeper was unable to take the advantage of possession.
No
That's not what happened
Gakpo wasn't even in shot at the time

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

chelseachelsea wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:26 pm I remember the not so old saying....
Liverpool Football Club

Built by Shanks,
Ruined by Yanks,
Watched by Planks,
Laughed at by Mancs.
Aren't you clever?

They remain England's most successful club. So those planks are laughing at those mancs.

https://footballtoday.com/most-successf ... n-england/

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

JW90 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:28 pm Why is booing your manager a sign of bad behaviour, though? Every club has had some awful coaches who deserve it.

It doesn't make you superfans because you always back them (which you don't anyway).
It's a stupid thing to do.
Be critical if you want, but during a game it's only going to make your team's problems worse.

And then there's the question of whether it's the coach to blame. Certainly both Chelsea and United have replaced coaches enough to suggest there are other things wrong. But if the people who should face up to their role in things ( eg Boehly) witness the crowd turning on the manager, they figure that buys them another 18 months before the crunch comes again.

After all it's the owners and the board who choose the manager/coach. Didn't anybody at United wonder at Ten Hag's paying £80m for Antony, a player he knew so there should be no excuses? Or Mount at £55m , Casemiro who Real knew was finished? Or Onana? Who indulged Pogba? Didn't anyone ask themselves , a long time ago,have we got the right man here?

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:39 pm
Zambo wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:53 pm

No
That's not what happened
Gakpo wasn't even in shot at the time
That's the official view from PGMOL. Take it or leave it.

'In the phase of play before, Areola had leaped to catch the ball as Gakpo nudged into the Frenchman, then colliding with a post'.

The referee had seen the foul but as the keeper retained possession, he initially played on. When he noticed that the keeper was injured he stopped play.

Correct decision.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

So now the ref's right. Seems a moveable feast.

Have you seen it?

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:53 pm
JW90 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:28 pm Why is booing your manager a sign of bad behaviour, though? Every club has had some awful coaches who deserve it.

It's a stupid thing to do.
Be critical if you want, but during a game it's only going to make your team's problems worse.

And then there's the question of whether it's the coach to blame. Certainly both Chelsea and United have replaced coaches enough to suggest there are other things wrong. But if the people who should face up to their role in things ( eg Boehly) witness the crowd turning on the manager, they figure that buys them another 18 months before the crunch comes again.

After all it's the owners and the board who choose the manager/coach. Didn't anybody at United wonder at Ten Hag's paying £80m for Antony, a player he knew so there should be no excuses? Or Mount at £55m , Casemiro who Real knew was finished? Or Onana? Who indulged Pogba? Didn't anyone ask themselves , a long time ago,have we got the right man here?
In one breath you're slagging off Chelsea and United for regularly getting rid of Managers, in the next you're saying the Managers aren't good enough so they should be gone, make up your mind.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:12 pm So now the ref's right. Seems a moveable feast.

Have you seen it?
No 'so now' about it. If you bother to read others posts, you would see that I've said he was right all along.

And yes I've seen it.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:41 pm
chelseachelsea wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:26 pm I remember the not so old saying....
Liverpool Football Club

Built by Shanks,
Ruined by Yanks,
Watched by Planks,
Laughed at by Mancs.
Aren't you clever?

They remain England's most successful club. So those planks are laughing at those mancs.

https://footballtoday.com/most-successf ... n-england/
How could any football fan ever forget?? When we have the continually mantra of....

best football club
best supported football club
the club with most history
best fans in the world
etc etc etc ad infinitum

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

Mr Alpine appears to think he knows better than match officials with, in the case of Keith Hackett, about 60 years of refereeing, training, examining, assessing, mentoring and running the PGMOL. I only had 27 years, and I wasn't in the PGMOL, but I done the rest.

So show some fucking respect. :lol:

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

As there is obviously nothing negative about Liverpool FC in Sunbeams world, I'd like his take on the Salah Klopp spat in the West Ham game......as embarrassing as the Chelsea players arguing to take a pen against Everton, wouldn't you agree?

I admit I thought they were being warm and welcoming to each other, as you have explained previously...