The Premier League - Season 2023/24

Anything sportlike
carcinogen

Re: The Premier League - Season 2023/24

Post by carcinogen »

Nottingham Forest have just become a laughing-stock.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Forest should’ve come out forcefully against the Refs earlier in the season. Those teams that did haven’t received a dodgy decision since. Makes you think, don’t it? 🤔
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

What happened with Forest?
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

Zambo wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:24 pm What happened with Forest?
Haven't read it in depth, but I believe before the game they said the VAR was a Luton fan....and in a nutshell didn't get a few Pens today.. but I could be wrong...

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

chelseachelsea wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:32 pm
Zambo wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:24 pm What happened with Forest?
Haven't read it in depth, but I believe before the game they said the VAR was a Luton fan....and in a nutshell didn't get a few Pens today.. but I could be wrong...
I can see why they were pissed off. The handball by Young was a lot more clear cut than the one given to Coventry imo. His arm was a lot further away from the body.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... at-everton

And Stuart Attwell is indeed a Luton fan.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/which-f ... 7933177b98

JW90

Post by JW90 »

Surely a Luton fan would want a draw today? That would keep both within three points and they still have to play Everton. All the penalty calls were at 1-0, weren't they? So it would've given them a chance to draw level and give Luton probably the result they want.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The chances of Stuart Attwell being influenced by anything that went on today, because he supports Luton was extremely remote. Refs are crap but bent ones are as rare as rocking horse shit.

However, we can see what happens when teams are struggling, they look for anything or anyone to blame. I had a quick look at the penalty appeals, and thought all were strong claims, but I'd stick a wad on it had nothing to do with Atwell's support of Luton.

So, the best thing to do in situations like this, is to avoid confrontation, and use commonsense when appointing match and VAR officials.

Sadact7

Post by Sadact7 »

They probably decided to take a note out of Gary “Interesting” O’Neill’s playbook. Whine like a dull, pathetic little cunt until you get a half arsed public “apology” thereby diverting attention from your own team’s failings.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Forest are becoming a pain in the arse. Twatty owner, scruffy bastard manager and Mark Clattenburg. Last game of the season is Burnley away, would be delicious if they got cunted by a dodgy VAR in injury time to relegate them
There's no poem, just prose.

Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

A very stupid reaction from the club but Forest were most certainly on the wrong end of decisions yesterday. That twat Taylor making the action as if Young got the ball was just laughable and made worse by the fact the Luton fan on VAR didn’t bother to correct him. Incompetence at its finest.

finchman

Post by finchman »

Corruption at its finest more like
Joel,Boyce,Alcaraz,Scharner,Espinoza,McCarthy,McArthur,Gomez,(Watson),McManaman,Maloney,Kone,...LEGENDS!

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

It's not corruption.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:01 pm It's not corruption.
Wait until it happens to Liverpoolfootballcloob

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

It has but it's not corruption.
Incompetence maybe.

Shedboy

Post by Shedboy »

Jonathan wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:22 am A very stupid reaction from the club but Forest were most certainly on the wrong end of decisions yesterday. That twat Taylor making the action as if Young got the ball was just laughable and made worse by the fact the Luton fan on VAR didn’t bother to correct him. Incompetence at its finest.
I only ever see English games on tv, but from what I have seen is Taylor is one of the worst refs down South. Not as bad as the fucking clowns we have up here, but terrible nonetheless.

In contrast to him, I thought Tony Harrington, the referee in tonight's Boro v Leeds match was excellent. He let the game flow, wasn't card happy, dealt with the falling-down-as-if-hit-by-a-bus tactics well, and didn't make the game all about him.