The Israel thread

In-depth debate on all topical issues
Vespa

Re: The Israel thread

Post by Vespa »

Salem wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:16 pm
Vespa wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:52 am I'm no expert but what is Israel actually trying to achieve in Gaza now.
I'm no expert either but I guess they're trying to ensure that an enemy , who have said that there'll be repeats of October 7th many times over and they will not stop until the total destruction of Israel is complete , no longer have the capacity to carry out those threats .
But they aren't doing that, seems a lot of the Hamas leadership aren't in Gaza, most of there fighters have hidden their weapons and are camping out in the population and most hostages have disappeared. I've no issue attacking Hamas but it doesn't seem like they are doing that.
Last edited by Vespa on Fri Apr 05, 2024 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Salem

Post by Salem »

That's what happens when you're fighting cowards . Innocents get hurt but I genuinely believe that Israel care more about that than Hamas do
"There was one victim"

MAGA...........'mon the Don 24 😎

Whispering Grass, don't tell the trees
'Cause the trees don't need to know .....

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

I'm not Jewish, and accept they have made mistakes since the attack on their people, but I can't really disagree with what the columnist is saying.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... dards.html

But I'm sure Tick, Subsub, Ant, Tedd, Hillman et al will disagree, probably won't read it, just see Daily Mail and Littlejohn and ignore it...sorry I correct myself Tick loves friendly fire when it kills Americans.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

Salem wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:53 pm That's what happens when you're fighting cowards . Innocents get hurt but I genuinely believe that Israel care more about that than Hamas do
:dart:

antdad

Post by antdad »

Why do you think it's a good article?

Let's be generous to RLJ and say that often an author doesn't always write the headline as it's used as a bit of clickbait but there's an immediate mistruth right there...

RICHARD LITTLEJOHN: When U.S. troops kill aid workers, it's 'friendly fire'. When Israel does, it's a 'war crime'. The double standards are nauseating

Instead of using an actual example of U.S troops killing aid workers because he doesn't have one he cites the unlawful killing of his mate and journalist Terry Lloyd who was not embedded and conflates the two. They are not, the aid workers were on a prescribed humanitarian aid route in convoy, the vehicles (that were very well marked) were systematically targeted as were any surviving passengers as they left the bombed vehicles.

Lloyd's vehicle (I had to look it up) was travelling in the immediate vicinity of actual Iraqi targets and caught up in cross-fire, he was wounded by an Iraqi bullet and then killed as he was being transported away in a civilian minibus by U.S forces that was suspected of carrying combatants. He was found to have been unlawfully killed and it was subsequently hushed up but there was nothing accidental about the killing of those aid workers.

That is representative of the IDF's campaign in general which has deliberately targeted the population and that is the water RLJ is trying to muddy as Israel comes under a bit of pressure.

I could dissect the rest of RLJ's usual serving of poisonous, innaccurate and mostly divisive shill but I can't be arsed as I've made my point, he is what he is and unfortunately he has a receptive audience. I'd read more widely around the topic from more than one source and don't take what any journalist says as gospel.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/ ... 0comply%2C

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

chelseachelsea wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:01 pm I'm not Jewish, and accept they have made mistakes since the attack on their people, but I can't really disagree with what the columnist is saying.

But I'm sure Tick, Subsub, Ant, Tedd, Hillman et al will disagree, probably won't read it, just see Daily Mail and Littlejohn and ignore it...sorry I correct myself Tick loves friendly fire when it kills Americans.
Try reading my opinions when I post them, not what you fabricate.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:16 am
chelseachelsea wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:01 pm I'm not Jewish, and accept they have made mistakes since the attack on their people, but I can't really disagree with what the columnist is saying.

Strangely, I’ve never posted any opinions on the situation in Garza. But yet I’ve still been dragged into this.

Sounds like someone has an agenda rather than wanting to discuss the subject.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

subsub

Post by subsub »

JudgeTedd wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:18 am
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:16 am

Strangely, I’ve never posted any opinions on the situation in Garza. But yet I’ve still been dragged into this.

Sounds like someone has an agenda rather than wanting to discuss the subject.
Yep, I've not posted anything on this subject, either. Most queer etc
WOKE AND PROUD

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

This is the truth

There's no poem, just prose.

antdad

Post by antdad »

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

The Tick wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:20 pm Despite the heaviest military bombardment ever of such a small area over such a long period of time, Israel keeps saying that they haven't defeated hamas. The Israeli army are either useless or are just prolonging things to complete their ethnic cleansing operation.
Don't call us, we'll call you. I'm guessing when the hoards overrun us you'll be waving a white flag and ushering them in. This is a fight between civility and barbarity. Go and live in Iran Tick, go on. Go live there. You may aswell. Let us know how you get on, if you're allowed to post. I know which side I'm on and it ain't fucking HAMAS.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

carcinogen wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:15 pm
The Tick wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:20 pm Despite the heaviest military bombardment ever of such a small area over such a long period of time, Israel keeps saying that they haven't defeated hamas. The Israeli army are either useless or are just prolonging things to complete their ethnic cleansing operation.
Don't call us, we'll call you. I'm guessing when the hoards overrun us you'll be waving a white flag and ushering them in. This is a fight between civility and barbarity. Go and live in Iran Tick, go on. Go live there. You may aswell. Let us know how you get on, if you're allowed to post. I know which side I'm on and it ain't fucking HAMAS.

The barbarity is coming from Israel.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

:dart:

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

The Tick wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:58 pm

The barbarity is coming from Israel.
The barbarity also comes from Russia in Ukraine, yet silence

carcinogen

Post by carcinogen »

Every conflict could be solved by one thing. MONEY. Just pay them to stop fighting. Sadly The West need 'bogey men' to keep us all sequestered and fearful. It's pathetic. Oh and there's also the military-industrial-complex to consider. Bullets and bombs are good business, you fire one and another one has to be produced. Again, fucking pathetic and so obvious. Just pay the cunts off to stop fighting. It's easy.
“Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe.” ~ Lao Tzu.

"The world needs bad men. We keep the other bad men from the door". ~ RC, True Detective.