Sadiq Khan

In-depth debate on all topical issues
lambrini

Re: Sadiq Khan

Post by lambrini »

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Blah blah blah blah triggering gammons more winning red herring blah blah

Sure, Tick. Keep up the delusion, buddy.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
“Cod philosopher” –Antdad
“The forum's saucy upstart” –Ghost
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

lambrini wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:16 pm Image

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Blah blah blah blah triggering gammons more winning red herring blah blah

Sure, Tick. Keep up the delusion, buddy.
Reduced to posting gifs now. Hard luck lambrini.

Let me know if you need any spare permanent marker pens

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

Great comeback. Left me totally speechless. Wow.
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

lambrini wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:17 pm Great comeback. Left me totally speechless. Wow.
I can just imagine you having a panic attack when you alight one of the overground trains and hear "this is a windrush/lioness/suffragette line service to...".

You could've stopped all this if only you'd responded to TFLs public consultation.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

The Tick wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:20 pm
lambrini wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:17 pm Great comeback. Left me totally speechless. Wow.
I can just imagine you having a panic attack when you alight one of the overground trains and hear "this is a windrush/lioness/suffragette line service to...".

You could've stopped all this if only you'd responded to TFLs public consultation.
If my memory serves me correctly, Lambrini said the she doesn't have a problem with the renaming......

'I'm not upset by the renaming part. Everyone knows TFL has been struggling financially for some years now, so it makes no sense whatsoever to spend millions on mere branding, particularly when the current Overground system works fine for Londoners and tourists alike'.

Therefore, please explain your comments above about her having a panic attack.

Goading other posters is one thing, having to make up lies to do it, is gutter tactics.
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

subsub

Post by subsub »

The train announcement will say that, but I'm sure 99% of people will still just refer to it as the Overground (or the Goblin and other more localised terms that people use already).
WOKE AND PROUD

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:15 pm

If my memory serves me correctly, Lambrini said the she doesn't have a problem with the renaming......

'I'm not upset by the renaming part. Everyone knows TFL has been struggling financially for some years now, so it makes no sense whatsoever to spend millions on mere branding, particularly when the current Overground system works fine for Londoners and tourists alike'.

Therefore, please explain your comments above.
Denial is not a river in Egypt.

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

:lol:

I'm not upset by the names. Where did I say that?
As for the consultation, you're right, I missed it. That doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion about TFL's decision.
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

lambrini wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:24 pm

:lol:

I'm not upset by the names. Where did I say that?
As for the consultation, you're right, I missed it. That doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion about TFL's decision.
Who's stopping you from voicing an opinion? All I see is a rebuttal of the weak and incoherent justifications you presented.

The rebrand is taking place , like it or not. Most TFL passengers won't be so offended by what's happening. And Sadiq Khan will be re-elected as mayor in May 2024.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

To The Tick

Lambrini has clearly stated that her problem is with the cost not the renaming. You have just made up a lie to goad her with it.

You have been goading posters almost solidly for the last three days who have criticised this action to the point of obsession. Moreover, you have ignored two warnings about your posts.

Have you got any defence?
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

subsub wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:15 pm
The train announcement will say that, but I'm sure 99% of people will still just refer to it as the Overground (or the Goblin and other more localised terms that people use already).
Aaaaaand that's why the renaming is stupid. It will make no difference because the current system, the 'Overground' and its routes, are sufficient enough.

Thank you for proving my point 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
( ◡‿◡ )
“Solid broess” –Sadact7

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

Zambo wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:28 pm
Yes.

The deinals are clearly false.

chelseachelsea

Post by chelseachelsea »

The Tick wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:29 pm
Yes.

How clear? I'm intrigued how you know this and not making an assumption, and it's denials ok?

henrycrs

Post by henrycrs »

subsub wrote:
Therefore it’s a complete waste of money.

The Tick

Post by The Tick »

chelseachelsea wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:34 pm
The Tick wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:29 pm
Yes.

How clear? I'm intrigued how you know this and not making an assumption, and it's denials ok?
The weakness of the cover justifications such as cost. At the beginning the accusations were that TFL was in financial dire straits. Once that myth was dispelled, the argument changed to "it's a lot of money". When that was dispelled the argument was changed to "it could've been spent better elsewhere".

In other words, cost wasn't the underlying issue behind the objections to TFLs rebranding. If it was, the argument would be more water tight than that.