Can anyone tell me....

Talksport - the main station discussion place
JW90

Re: Can anyone tell me....

Post by JW90 »

H and J without Baker, some of White and Jordan and the Saturday afternoon scores.

The rest is dire.

JudgeTedd

Post by JudgeTedd »

I’m usually near a radio a some point during the day. So being someone who likes sport and listening to the radio, talkSPORT would seem a logical choice. However, I can mostly only stomach about ten minutes of it at a time (and thats only from curiosity in the first place).

Given a choice between the chumminess of BBC radio and tS, tS would just about win it though.
It's not the despair, Laura. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand. ~ Brian Stimpson

POTY winner 2022

GROTY winner 2022

lambrini

Post by lambrini »

I don’t listen to the radio anymore. I prefer podcasts and YouTube.
( ◡‿◡ )
POTY 2023 & 2022 finalist
Treat me right
I'm still a good man's daughter
Let me in if I break
And be quiet if I shatter

Jonathan Grunt

Post by Jonathan Grunt »

subsub wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:20 pm
Sunbeam Alpine wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:04 pm I gave up on Talksport maybe ten years ago.

From time to time now I give it 5 minutes and realise it is still mediocre, to put it kindly. Third division presenters who don't know they are. Tired, tired formats . Reporting which reeks of amateurism and under-investment.

But on this forum you continue , after years, discussing the output. 90% of the comment is that it is SHIT.

So please tell me....

WHY DO YOU LISTEN TO THIS SHIT?
I don't think many TFers listen to TalkSport any more.
Or if they do, they listen much less than in the past.

Danny Kelly remains an excellent presenter, and H&J are still worth a listen.
:dart:
PRAY GOD FOR CHELTENHAM

Holden Mcgroyne

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

Pretty much the same as others who listen here. Anything with Danny Kelly on, H and J as H and J, and a measure of Simon Jordan.
There's no poem, just prose.

JW90

Post by JW90 »

The fact Baker has more airtime hours than Danny Kelly each week sums up the state of the station right now.

Sunbeam Alpine

Post by Sunbeam Alpine »

JimmyDee wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:58 pm
chelseachelsea wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:08 pm 2 questions in return...
1.WHAT THE FUCK HAS IT GOT TO DO WITH YOU?
and more importantly
2. WHY DO YOU CARE WHAT OTHERS LISTEN TOO?
Well, yes. Quite.
On the other hand, it was a reasonable question, politely expressed, so I'll answer.

I'm not an idiot; I know it's shit. Everything but R4 is shit, but in different ways.
As background noise when I'm pottering around in the kitchen tS is so shit that I can just ignore it.
5 fucking live, though! Banging on about politics and assuming I agree with them when I don't. That's foreground noise, that gets my attention at a time of day when I don't want my attention to be got :-)
What else is there? Fucking Heart? Desert Island Discs made real; the same ten songs for all eternity.
Local radio? There isn't any, and when there was it was always Generic local radio in the morning ... usually called the Morning Madhouse, with a male and a female who were JUST SO wacky and zany!!!!!!!

That's just in the morning. The same thing applies at other times of the day; just background noise about some VAR scandal in a match between two teams that I don't give a fuck about and I can let the words wash over my head.
And then an oasis in The Desert of Mediocrity! Danny Kelly saying something worth listening to, and with which I can engage, because he's talking about a general thing, and not a specific (That referee was a DISGRICE! Yeah? Right?) thing. But that's in the evening, when my poor old brain needs intellectual sustenance.
I usually don't give a fuck about that, either, but he talks about it in a non-challenging way ... almost as if he's not inviting an argument, but genuinely invites opinions that differ from his own.

And that is why I listen to talkSPORT.
Well why did I ask?
Funnily enough I was curious
I know that's a quality not valued by some in case it disturbs their complacency.
As I said I don't but I am conscious that when I go into TF there are clearly people who do.
BTW I listened to the Two Mikes as well. It wasn't political correctness that did for them, but the fact that even by TS standards it was utter shit, and presented by people of little intelligence but great ego.

Zambo

Post by Zambo »

I can honestly say that I have never listened to one second of Talksport.

I was drawn to the forum by the reputation of a group of fair minded, impartial in judgement, tolerant of other people's views, and throughly decent human beings.

It's just a shame they've nearly all now fucked off. :)
When your heart is blue, there is nothing you can do. Keep Right On

rorymac

Post by rorymac »

I knew I wasn't all there really but I had it on all the time years ago and mostly still do tbh
It was mostly terrible and came on this forum to find it was practically unmoderated with hardly any bannings and some funny fuckers too.
Never did and never will get my head around reporting posts about fuckall tbf. I don't like seeing poster's names in bold either, makes me shudder a bit and avoid which isn't right I know. I think every radio station is shit which is why I liked radio garden and tuned into foreign places until the UK got banned from using it .. fuck sakes probably Brexit or some fucking thing. My motor only has FM and the whole lot is total bollocks apart from RudeFM here and there. Yey for steering wheel buttons and that imo.