Anything sportlike
Holden Mcgroyne

Re: Premier League Success Thread 2022/3 - Part 2

Post by Holden Mcgroyne »

VeritasVincit wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:44 am
black_guardian wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:21 pm
EddieCheddar wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:12 am
Saints11 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:01 pm Jordan Henderson :shock:
I just watched a SSN report by Melissa Reddy on this and didn’t know which was funnier. The hipocrosy of Henderson or the amateur dramatics and language deployed by Reddy. The report was like some deranged fan fiction reading.

Henderson may have achieved a lot and fair play but he’s not looking too good right now. I can only think of him as he’s portrayed in Athletico Mince!
Worth pointing out that Reddy is a massive LFC fan so maybe that accentuated her "performance".

I'm looking forward to watching Onana in goal for Manchester United. He could be great or the next Rene Higuita (minus the drug cartels and kidnapping obvs). Maybe he'll try a new version of a scorpion kick. Either way, he'll probably be better at saving penalties than DDG.
De Gea has faced 35 penalties in the Premier League and saved five - a 14% hit rate. That compares to peers such as Hugo Lloris (13%), Ederson (14%) and Alisson (15%).
Not the full picture though, it takes no account of penalty shootouts. He went 5 years without saving a single penalty between 2016 and 2021, conceding 40 on the trot
There's no poem, just prose.

black_guardian

Re: Premier League Success Thread 2022/3 - Part 2

Post by black_guardian »

VeritasVincit wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:44 am
black_guardian wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:21 pm
EddieCheddar wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:12 am
Saints11 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:01 pm Jordan Henderson :shock:
I just watched a SSN report by Melissa Reddy on this and didn’t know which was funnier. The hipocrosy of Henderson or the amateur dramatics and language deployed by Reddy. The report was like some deranged fan fiction reading.

Henderson may have achieved a lot and fair play but he’s not looking too good right now. I can only think of him as he’s portrayed in Athletico Mince!
Worth pointing out that Reddy is a massive LFC fan so maybe that accentuated her "performance".

I'm looking forward to watching Onana in goal for Manchester United. He could be great or the next Rene Higuita (minus the drug cartels and kidnapping obvs). Maybe he'll try a new version of a scorpion kick. Either way, he'll probably be better at saving penalties than DDG.
De Gea has faced 35 penalties in the Premier League and saved five - a 14% hit rate. That compares to peers such as Hugo Lloris (13%), Ederson (14%) and Alisson (15%).
Lloris has been shit for years so I wouldn't put him as a peer. The other two, you could argue, haven't faced that many penalties given their teams doing very well the last few years. De Gea's record looked worse after the Europa League final. Alisson by contrast got Liverpool over the line in two cup finals. That's the difference.

In retrospect, it looks bad if your best player for the last few seasons was voted as your keeper. So full marks for longevity but he should have done better in big games.
<Doctor...you will die for this...!>