Lexus cars

Friendly chat, will be moderated if necessary.
theleader82

Lexus cars

Post by theleader82 »

Anyone had a Lexus before? I was looking at the IS model. I read their cheaper to run than their German rivals and more reliable . I like that that they have their unique style. Either that or an alfa Romeo maybe .
Man U and rangers

Sadact7

Re: Lexus cars

Post by Sadact7 »

If I could advise you on any car I’d say go for a Focus Ghia. 2005 model with 71k on the clock, anything around 2 grand is a bargain.
Oh Five - Oh Two - Twenty Four

In a bit Foam Moe

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

Americans fucking love Lexus or Lexii (plural) as opposed to Mercs.

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I’m 40 in a few years so
Might treat myself. I got a seat arona fr at the moment. Not very exciting but does the job
Man U and rangers

kancutlawns

Post by kancutlawns »

What do you want in a car? Style, status, luxury, value for money, functionality, performance? Lexii are luxury cars, you could try the Lexus RX and LR models but they may set up back a bit. Do you want a hybrid or electric car? Unless you’re looking for a high mileage petrol engine which you will dispose of after a few years, you could lease or buy a hybrid/electric now if you have the budget and are reasonably confident you will keep it for a number of years.

Why Lexus by the way?

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

kancutlawns wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:42 pm What do you want in a car? Style, status, luxury, value for money, functionality, performance? Lexii are luxury cars, you could try the Lexus RX and LR models but they may set up back a bit. Do you want a hybrid or electric car? Unless you’re looking for a high mileage petrol engine which you will dispose of after a few years, you could lease or buy a hybrid/electric now if you have the budget and are reasonably confident you will keep it for a number of years.

Why Lexus by the way?
I just thought to be a bit different to the bmw 3 series etc which are nice but quite common. I don’t have any children so thought I’d treat myself . Want a decent size boot because I play golf and need some space . I do about 15000 miles a year so use my car quite a bit commuting
Man U and rangers

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

Lexus are shite, seriously.

Assuming you really are in the market for a 32k car, the merc CLA is hard to beat

theleader82

Post by theleader82 »

I’ve just been watching some car wow reviews. I think the vw troc appeals to me. I like to higher up position that you get with cross overs, and they do sporty versions of the t-roc.
Man U and rangers

The Ghost of Alex Higgins
No longer the Bridesmaid

Post by The Ghost of Alex Higgins »

Datsun are pretty solid if you want dismal/sordid
MAKING TALKFORUM GREAT AGAIN

Sid Pervcat

Post by Sid Pervcat »

theleader82 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:24 pm I’ve just been watching some car wow reviews. I think the vw troc appeals to me. I like to higher up position that you get with cross overs, and they do sporty versions of the t-roc.
It's a golf though